Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

Well dang the luck and this was stated already just worded differently :p a little high I am ;D. How about the teir system put a small put onto of the bigger pot?

Teir system?

I think I remember SweetLeef doing that once for an auto. He got the bottom off one pot and "planted" it on top of a bigger pot of soil. This way it is not as disruptive as a transplant, but the roots get more room.

I would have a hard time getting the bottom off any pot I think, but it sounds like a really doable strategy if needed

:peace:

I just did a major transplanting project due to PH problems. This sh*t is hard work! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Catman, I know you found your ph issue before it affected you plants. Did you re-pot because of the pH or did your girl start showing issues?

Okay, what the Fuck.

Mars hydro 300w
24 hour light
Humidity 56
Tempps hover around 82ish
Open the tent twice a day for about 30min
Sparingly water the cube only (not dirt yet), two caps full of bottled water the first day and two days ago.

They have been in soil for 4 days, yesterday they looked fine, nice and green.

Here is what I found a few minutes ago.
CAM00455.jpg
CAM00457.jpg

Any thoughts? They are currently sitting in indirect sunlight at room temperature.

Man. That's rough :peace:

I don't have a strategy for your sprouts, I don't have enough experience :straightface:

From the beginning I've struggled with getting "the right" soil. I'm committed to both soil and to organic, so it really does limit my options insofar as where I can drive to and what this region carries.

There is just so much to consider during an indoor grow.

:Namaste:

maybe the soil is to "hot" for you seedlings try to use some that does not have that many nutes in it you can also try running your light at 18/6 and not 24/0 that's all I could think of since I still am a noob and since I only have grown from clones and not seeds hopefully someone with more growing experience can help you. like @Catman12 said "There is just so much to consider during an indoor grow" with that I agree I was lucky enough to get every thing right on my first time so far I still am on my first grow so I am still not out of the woods yet so to speak you probably know all this already so I am sorry for beating a dead horse well best of luck I hope your seedling pull out of this ok

Ok, here is my plan. I have two seeds in water for about 30 hours now (haven't looked at them yet). I will put them in paper towels for a few more days until I have a little root.

I'm thinking hempy at this time. I'm going to email Ideal, like I promised them I would, and tell them what is going on. I won the December Herbies contest, so the seeds were free. BUT, the retail value is about $8 a piece. I also got some feminized autoflowers from them. I've had 4 Baby Freedom, a Jack Herer autoflower and a Sour Diesel autoflower die. I do not have a different medium at this time, I'm thinking of grabbing some perlite and going hempy for my 2 seeds. I do have some ph up and down, some rockwool and some GH chemicals.
I really, really want this soil to work! Itis a wonderful idea for a first time grower to only have to worry about watering and a good growing light. If Ideal has nothing else to offer, it is a failure. Others have had success with this soil. I'm NOT a seasoned growing, I'm a newbie, which is exactly the reason I was interested in their product. If I decide to not use the product this next go-round , I will close this journal, because the whole idea was to use Ideal 420soil.
If I decide to go hempy, I will let you guys know......

IMHO...I would try just putting them in a good triple blend potting soil...no nutes...under a couple cfl's...when 6 to 8 inches tall...then maybe put them in your ideal soil and under the LED...just fer shits and giggles...I used a premium blend from wally world(2.99 for a 25L bag) for a half dozen of my baby girls...the rest a more popular brand name...difference between the two is little to none...I will start using a very dilute commercial all purpose fertilizer at about five weeks alternating with every other watering...I don't get spectacular results...but pull in 2+ #'s out of a dozen girlz...I really hope these next two beans go good for you...I admire your perseverance...best of luck CD...h00k...

Hey Colesdad, subbed and caught up. I think your issue is strictly over watering. I responded to your question in my journal. I know of another grower that has had a tough time with his plants and I see a common issue between the two of you. I'll PM you to discuss it.
Hang in there buddy, it'll work out soon enough.

I'm new and reading a lot so there might be a perfectly good explaination but from what I gather you're using a soil that apparently works from seed to harvest.

I don't understand how one soil can do it all.

If the plants at the start require more N which they do the medium needs to provide it, if you have too much PK you can induse early flowering in some cases but either way you would need a ratio higher in N at the start. If the soil is an all in one how can it contain the correct balance in N and PK through out the life of the plant?
For example during flowering you need more PK and during grow you need N. What brand is the soil I'd like to read into it a bit.
Another concern I have is nutrient consumption. As a plant grows it uses up different elements that aren't just PK or N but also cal, mag, zinc and other stuff (long list) but as it's growing those nutrients are being taken out of the soil unevenly and not replaced with anything else. It's there food for a good couple months and it seems like that soil is very very high in nutrients which would logically be very very bad for seedlings and plants in there early growth. Seedlings don't need anywhere the same amount as a fully grown plant but your medium apparently provideds both. I just don't understand that.

But from a person who has just finished reading up about nutrients and what's required during the different processes I don't understand how one soil can contain it all and be efficient and effective.

I guess you would have to constantly be changing the PH of the soil to force certain nutrients into the plant? But that seems more of a pain then anything else and something fairly hard to maintain over several plants in different pots.

Does anyone get what I mean or am I just being a noob? :volcano-smiley:

Each to there own I guess but I'd recommend learning about soil management and how to put in the right nutrients then going with an all in one soil that from what you say seems to be producing undiserable results.

There's logic in that statement. I'm a fairly seasoned grower I got a few bags of TGA's super soil given to me to try. So I have it in bloom and it's doing ok not great ok! There's a lack of nitrogen in mid to late flowering anyhow so was expecting that.

I've always wanted a soil that would do well in veg with Lil nutrients the best I found was fox farm ocean forest. I no longer use that however.

I use these two soils currently
Fox farm k9 kube for my house and garden
ProMix hp for Doc buds high brix.

The part that I agree on 110% is its hard to build a soil and just feed water. Way to many variables especially with the wide array of genetics available today. Not all are stable.

Back
Top Bottom