Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

Looks like led stress on baby#1. #2 doesn't have enough green to show anything, also, although in the same tent she has a cfl hanging very close to her probably blocking the intensity of the led.
CAM00635-1.jpg

Also.... I've thought long and hard about something. I've accidently become very involved in my states cbd-only legislation. We have a cbd law, but more towards clinical trials than general public usage. However, we just passed an amendment eliminating the trial phase and going the way of doctor recommendation. Much like other states, we will have the "ok to have, but not ok to buy" law by end of this session. After this week's hearing, I was called by my state's senator because of some things I said at the meeting. This is great, but it will probably stop my growing. I've been tasked with doing some research and contacting my neurologist to see if they are willing to give some opinions to the Senate Health Committee. I had a 4 year relationship with my first neuro before he moved, but a good thing is he advised my years ago to try marijuana and he now practices in a medically legal state! My main goal is for the ridiculously low 0.5thc level to be increased to 5percent, much like Georgia.
If I decide to do this, I may lose my anonymity, thus losing my grow. But, after talking to my family, I would be able to help other people instead of trying this growing thing to just help myself

dude run just a cfl for the first week or two.

Boom, done.

Pulled the ugly plant and tossed it. I now have one, about an inch tall, barely opening up right now. Found me a floor lamp at a thrift shop ($2), pulled the cord and reattached the socket. I'll be stopping this week around town getting some more lamps. Stupid me, I never thought about paying 2 bucks for a lamp and pulling the cord, I always seem to make things difficult!
So, I have a 6500k daylight cfl hanging just barely above my sprout, on 24/0. Led is off. I'll be growing this way until a couple of nodes, then go 12/12 with the cfl and led.

colesdad, that baby is burning up. These (i May catch hell for this) weeds are thrifty. Less is better than more. I have grown for multiple med users. Follow my Fem thread at: Feminized Freebies - Snake Farm - HPS - Soil

I think you will learn. I stick to basics and not the hype. Come visit, I just got some freebies growing. This is all you need to do. Just Sayin'

Check my sig link

So far, so good. Wife was picking on me, saying how small my plant still is after over a week above ground :) But, you know why? Because I am sitting back and chillin and letting nature do is thing. Now have one above ground, barely an inch tall, about 8 days above dirt
CAM006961.jpg

Second bean spent two days in water, two days in paper towel and just tonight I put her in soil.
CAM006935.jpg

Going to grab another bulb socket and cord this weekend and put a single cfl over the newest one. I'll be adding more as I find some lamps around town.

So, I'm not stressing at all, not because I know exactly what I'm doing, but because I'm not forcing anything.

Subscribed Colesdad, good luck.

is this grow still alive? :tommy:

Depends, if you're talking about my determination to grow, absolutely! If you're talking about a tent full of green, not really. I've got a little seedling in a cup right now, better for me to gage how dry/wet the soil gets. Another one died, I performed an autopsy. The soil was dry about about 3 inches down, but like a swamp at the bottom.
So, now is in a Styrofoam cup. 3 in deep of dirt with about 3 inch around her. Plenty of drainage holes. Also she is now under a single CFL. I'm not giving up, at some point in going to get to harvest!

Hey Colesdad. Wishing you the best of luck! Those seeds must shake like Mexican jumping beans when you place your hand in the bag for another. The ole "Green Mile" from the breeder's pack to the pot! Sorry, I couldn't resist. these have all been mentioned but I'll summarize my thoughts..

1). Ditch the rock wool. I think this will help a bunch. It could be a moisture issue between the two different mediums at such a critical stage as a seedling. Maybe salts/nutrients diffusing from high concentration to low and burning your plants. If you were going soilless, it might be a battle to fight. Moving them to dirt... Why bother I say.

2). Try some cfls 5700-6500k a few inches away for a week or two. 1-2 23W bulbs is fine. Gentle breeze from a ceiling fan or small fan a few feet away is fine. I love my LEDs and have had good success sprouting with them. They have all shown me some form of "unhappiness" and I think I'm going cfl for the first week from here on out. At times we get caught up trying to put the sun in a 2x2 and adding hurricane force winds from fans with the feeling we can force feed photons. It really isn't necessary at this stage.

3). I love 16 oz SOLO cups for seedlings. A few holes on the bottom and water with a mist bottle once a day or so. I never water my seedlings to drain.

4). Ditch that soil for now. Find some basic organic soil for the cups. I'll get tarred/feathered for this but the miracle grow organic worked wonders for me when I didn't have access to the speciality stores. Happy Frog is my starter soil of choice now. Transplant after 4-5 nodes to 1 gallons (and your idea420 soil). After 3-5 weeks, move them to 3 or 5 gallon pots, give them a week and flip.

I've read every journal on this site I think. Yours are my favorite. I say that with sincerity. Don't get me wrong, the pros do some awesome things and produce incredible product. I have a true appreciation for humility and humor (sorry again for that opening jab at your struggles). Expect a few PMs from me after I hit 50 posts. I like your style! Good Luck and waiting for your next update.

Hey Colesdad. Wishing you the best of luck! Those seeds must shake like Mexican jumping beans when you place your hand in the bag for another. The ole "Green Mile" from the breeder's pack to the pot! Sorry, I couldn't resist. these have all been mentioned but I'll summarize my thoughts..

1). Ditch the rock wool. I think this will help a bunch. It could be a moisture issue between the two different mediums at such a critical stage as a seedling. Maybe salts/nutrients diffusing from high concentration to low and burning your plants. If you were going soilless, it might be a battle to fight. Moving them to dirt... Why bother I say.

2). Try some cfls 5700-6500k a few inches away for a week or two. 1-2 23W bulbs is fine. Gentle breeze from a ceiling fan or small fan a few feet away is fine. I love my LEDs and have had good success sprouting with them. They have all shown me some form of "unhappiness" and I think I'm going cfl for the first week from here on out. At times we get caught up trying to put the sun in a 2x2 and adding hurricane force winds from fans with the feeling we can force feed photons. It really isn't necessary at this stage.

3). I love 16 oz SOLO cups for seedlings. A few holes on the bottom and water with a mist bottle once a day or so. I never water my seedlings to drain.

4). Ditch that soil for now. Find some basic organic soil for the cups. I'll get tarred/feathered for this but the miracle grow organic worked wonders for me when I didn't have access to the speciality stores. Happy Frog is my starter soil of choice now. Transplant after 4-5 nodes to 1 gallons (and your idea420 soil). After 3-5 weeks, move them to 3 or 5 gallon pots, give them a week and flip.

I've read every journal on this site I think. Yours are my favorite. I say that with sincerity. Don't get me wrong, the pros do some awesome things and produce incredible product. I have a true appreciation for humility and humor (sorry again for that opening jab at your struggles). Expect a few PMs from me after I hit 50 posts. I like your style! Good Luck and waiting for your next update.

Humor is always welcome. I always tell my wife, you know I like someone when I pick on them and laugh, the people I don't are the ones I don't pick on and call them by there first name.
The people I like,
Cousin, little dick, punk and dick - head, lol.

Thanks for tips. I've already ditched the rock wool. I'm now using only CFL. I grabbed 4 100w,daylight, 5200k (brightest I could find). As far as the soil, I really want it to work. I did buy a big bag of perlite and a five gallon bucket bc I do still have 2 (I think 2) jack herer autos.
I've been trying to learn from my mistakes, half the battle right?

I have some new pics!
CAM007071.jpg
CAM006992.jpg

I've seen noticeable growth since going to the cfl, and it is more upright since down sizing from the pot to the cup. My plan now, roll with the small version cup, go up to the full sized cup and then to the final 2 gallon pot. And then flip to flower after a couple weeks in the 2 gallon.

finally :cheer: leds are pretty difficult to grow with because you have to change the standard distance you hang the light fixture and the amount of water you give your plant(s). once she gets bigger you can turn the leds on though :thumb:

finally :cheer: leds are pretty difficult to grow with because you have to change the standard distance you hang the light fixture and the amount of water you give your plant(s). once she gets bigger you can turn the leds on though :thumb:
I've always watched your grow closely. I know you weren't the first to go 12/12 from start, but your journal showed me how to start that way for a quick turn around. And I saw the issue last time with your cfl to led switch and some issues you had. Awesome that you got your hands on hid small enough to fit your space. Basically, if I fail, it's your fault because I'm watching you lol.

...Basically, if I fail, it's your fault because I'm watching you lol...
:rofl:

Hey things are looking pretty good around here :blunt: Your determination as well as all the 420 help :peace:

Jealous you have good humor :) I continue to Eeyore my way through grows LOL - Something always goes wrong, and I do extra work for it, but I do get OK meds from it really :peace: ...right now I am a slave to Relative Humidity :rofl:

Happy Summer my friend :Namaste:

26 days, and she is still alive!
The difference....
Very little water, about every 4 days
Under a single cfl
In a much small pot

She kept moving, literally, away from the light, but she has grown her second set of leaves. I organized the tent today, moving cords to a single port in the tent and got my power strip off the floor, so the inside and outside of the tent cords look better. Added another bulb and raised them higher. The single bulb was about 2 inches above her, now there are two bulbs, each about 5 inches away. She got a little bit of water today. I'm watering on the side and it runs quickly out of the holes at the bottom of the cup, normally I would have watered directly on to, and got the entire surface of the soil dark in color. But that's the old colesdad lol.

I took this picture with four bulbs on, but I was getting my cords set up and organized for the future, she is only under two now
CAM00758.jpg

This picture shows how she was dodging the light, but she is growing another set of leaves, so I know she is happy. Also, you see the dark part of the soil, this is how I'm watering now.
CAM007561.jpg

...said it before...admire Yer perseverance!!...imho...yer skimping a bit too much on the water...a heavy misting of the soil with a spray bottle every day or two ...soil looks awful dry to me...but she's still green and healthy...tho' somewhat under sized in my opinion...best wishes...hope this one goes the distance...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom