Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

She is very tiny for her age, I agree. The first two weeks she was in a 2 gallon pot, I moved her to half of a big Styrofoam fast food cup because of the watering issue. Now I have a better idea of watering without having to guess how wet the soil is in the bottom of the pot. She seems to be okay (health wise) at the moment, but she is very tiny. Now that the bulbs are further she should stand up soon, then I can have a better visual of the leaves to better gauge when to water.

She's going to be fine. Maybe small for her age, but that's all behind you. Forward from here CD! Continue to exercise caution with water (too dry OR too wet). That is a pretty small cup and less forgiving. Once she's transplanted, I'm going to let out a sigh! Keep doing what you are doing! Good luck!!!

...said it before...admire Yer perseverance!!...imho...yer skimping a bit too much on the water...a heavy misting of the soil with a spray bottle every day or two ...soil looks awful dry to me...but she's still green and healthy...tho' somewhat under sized in my opinion...best wishes...hope this one goes the distance...h00k...

Sorry, but that's just bad advice...

They hardly drink at that age. He is doing the right thing by scrimping on the water. Bet there is still moisture at the bottom of the pot, those roots need to search for the water in order to grow stronger ;)

Hi CD! After reading all your posts I have to say you give a new meaning for the word perseverance! I am going to start my first grow soon and I too am looking for a perfect 'soil' answer. I was interested in the Ideal420 but am concerned about 2 things. 1) Your tough time using it and getting things to start growing and 2) I am not even sure they are in business anymore! If you go to their website, almost all links lead to 404 error pages and there is nowhere to order.

At what point are you going to throw your hands up and and be done with that soil? And are you still in contact with them?

Cheers!

Sorry, but that's just bad advice...

They hardly drink at that age. He is doing the right thing by scrimping on the water. Bet there is still moisture at the bottom of the pot, those roots need to search for the water in order to grow stronger ;)
:thumb:to

Hi CD! After reading all your posts I have to say you give a new meaning for the word perseverance! I am going to start my first grow soon and I too am looking for a perfect 'soil' answer. I was interested in the Ideal420 but am concerned about 2 things. 1) Your tough time using it and getting things to start growing and 2) I am not even sure they are in business anymore! If you go to their website, almost all links lead to 404 error pages and there is nowhere to order.

At what point are you going to throw your hands up and and be done with that soil? And are you still in contact with them?

Cheers!

I think my issue has been me giving too much water,not so much the soil. I had better luck taking my seed to soil instead of using rockwool like I was. As soon as she takes hold and doing better, I'm going to drop another seed using Ideal soil again. I may try hempy again with an auto seed, but not sure yet.
As far as Ideal still being in business, I don't know. I emailed them at the beginning of my grow, but didn't hear back. I think there is a member here with a grow journal that works with /for Ideal Soil. Try searching around some journals, I had asked that person within the first two pages of the journal and I think they mentioned it.
And thanks for stopping by, hang on tight though, its been a crazy journey!

Okay. I'm feeling pretty good. Two reasons, I haven't been taking paper notes like my first grow. The only "notes" are really just the information I type here. So, I found out this girl is only about 10 days above ground! I feel much better about her size.
Secondly, she is showing great improvement and growth in the last two days. I'll be dropping another seed in water today, these seeds I have been using are regulars so I need to make sure I get a girl.
The old Colesdad would think "ok, so I watered two days ago and have had awesome growth. Wonder what would happen if I watered again today, would I have them same amount of growth in two more days?"
The new Colesdad is thinking "ok, I watered two days ago and have had awesome growth. Let's not fuck this up, just sit back and relax and let the plant tell u what she wants"
Here is the picture showing the difference in two days
2015-07-05_10_28_22.jpg

Seasoned growers probably wouldn't update their journal, with pictures, after only two days. But as a rookie, I'm pretty damn proud of myself :)

get another set or 2 of leaves and get them into a half gallon or so. What do you expect for a final pot size? Looking pretty damn good for 10 days. When you transplant, green side goes up!

The next transplant will be into the 2 gallon, her final home. I'm going to flip soon after the transplant because I'm looking for quick turn around.

Good growth on #1. So, it's time to add another to the party!

One little bean
CAM007792.jpg

Plus a little dirt
CAM007831.jpg

Equals a happy new home
CAM00785.jpg

QUESTION

I watered last night while I added the new one in the tent. I looked this morning and the largest leaves were sagging at the edges.
This is because of watering, correct? Maybe a little too much, right?

Second question.... Today she is 14 days old. Based on her size, can she survive a transplant right now? If yes, should I wait a few days because she is so wet? When I do, can I bury her about an inch lower so that I can strengthen and straighten her stem?

Looks like led stress on baby#1. #2 doesn't have enough green to show anything, also, although in the same tent she has a cfl hanging very close to her probably blocking the intensity of the led.
CAM00635-1.jpg

Also.... I've thought long and hard about something. I've accidently become very involved in my states cbd-only legislation. We have a cbd law, but more towards clinical trials than general public usage. However, we just passed an amendment eliminating the trial phase and going the way of doctor recommendation. Much like other states, we will have the "ok to have, but not ok to buy" law by end of this session. After this week's hearing, I was called by my state's senator because of some things I said at the meeting. This is great, but it will probably stop my growing. I've been tasked with doing some research and contacting my neurologist to see if they are willing to give some opinions to the Senate Health Committee. I had a 4 year relationship with my first neuro before he moved, but a good thing is he advised my years ago to try marijuana and he now practices in a medically legal state! My main goal is for the ridiculously low 0.5thc level to be increased to 5percent, much like Georgia.
If I decide to do this, I may lose my anonymity, thus losing my grow. But, after talking to my family, I would be able to help other people instead of trying this growing thing to just help myself

Hey go you brother! I really like this!

Has been a week and no sign of baby #2 yet, so I looked closely and saw a little something. But, it was the root tip. I had another plant, a while ago, push the root side up out of ground. I know they "curl" in the soil, sort of. I just put a little dirt on top and watered, only the second watering. Baby #1 looks good, was a little droopy, soil was very dr, so she got a little drink. I'll be transplanting tomorrow.
Transplant question....
So far, it has been 24hr lights on. When she goes into new home, should I continue same light schedule? I'm going 12/12 asap, I was going to wait until #2 showed herself to start12/12 , but im thinking she isn't going to make it.
The reason I ask is, will the transplant and the light schedule change stress her out? If not, I will start 12/12 tomorrow also.

If you're going 12/12 right from seed... go 12/12 she will sort herself out.

I love how quickly your main lined plant recovered and started reaching for the light!

Back
Top Bottom