Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

I agree it is hard to imagine a one-stop-shop in a soil. But, that's what I'm trying to accomplish with this journal. I first heard of this soil watching a journal by Shadowman. He had wonderful results with Ideal, first with a few CFLs and now he had one using LEDs (both wonderful journals, check them out).
When it comes to the world of nutes I have that same glazed over look that I did in calculus class in high-school.
I just put my cubes in dirt today. One, directly in soil like me others and the other with a 2in buffer of perlite. After exchanging ideas and thoughts with Shadowman I believe my issue is over watering. I was doing a few caps of water every couple of days directly on the cube, this is too much. I emptied my old soil from the pots and the dirt was very wet! I didnt just toss the dirt, I now have two newly transplanted house plants.
So I now have two new Baby Freedoms going.
One pot completely Ideal soil.
One pot completely Ideal soil with perlite buffer.
300w mars hydro led
20/4 light schedule

Well, I have used the Ideal 420 Soil on every one of my plants. I've had great success with it in every phase and stage. I did a grow journal that show cased the soil but was not a sponsored grow. I added nothing but distilled water throughout the grow and got killer meds using a small T5 and CFL's. I'm still enjoying those meds from last fall and winter. I've shared them and have gotten rave reviews on their quality. Good luck to all that grow, may all your buds be sticky!

I agree it is hard to imagine a one-stop-shop in a soil. But, that's what I'm trying to accomplish with this journal. I first heard of this soil watching a journal by Shadowman. He had wonderful results with Ideal, first with a few CFLs and now he had one using LEDs (both wonderful journals, check them out).
When it comes to the world of nutes I have that same glazed over look that I did in calculus class in high-school.
I just put my cubes in dirt today. One, directly in soil like me others and the other with a 2in buffer of perlite. After exchanging ideas and thoughts with Shadowman I believe my issue is over watering. I was doing a few caps of water every couple of days directly on the cube, this is too much. I emptied my old soil from the pots and the dirt was very wet! I didnt just toss the dirt, I now have two newly transplanted house plants.
So I now have two new Baby Freedoms going.
One pot completely Ideal soil.
One pot completely Ideal soil with perlite buffer.
300w mars hydro led
20/4 light schedule

Even though I've gone LED for my flowering, I still veg them under florescent and cfl lights. I only have them under the LED in veg now to fill the nets.

Even though I've gone LED for my flowering, I still veg them under florescent and cfl lights. I only have them under the LED in veg now to fill the nets.

Oh, OK.

Hey what's up Colesdad Sorry I'm late but I'm finally caught up, Shadowman has shown time after time that 420 soil can take plants from seed to harvest, reading through his journals is what convinced me to try it out myself.

I'm pretty sure I was watching one of Cofinest vids where he said his germ success rates increased when he switched from rock wool to rapid rooters. I would suggest starting your photoperiod seeds in a smaller pot with a lighter soil mix and let them build a strong root mass and then transplant up to a full pot of Ideal 420 Soil. And just make sure you keep the light high enough from your seedlings. I also really like the ideal of that tier setup for autos.

I would like to get all the ammendments to mix up my own soil when I have more space, a lot of growers have shown that if you mix up and take care of a well balanced soil you can grow some high quality meds. Until I have the space I'm thinking about just using happy frog soil with the general organics go box.

Yeah, apparently where I live is supposed to be good for cannabis cropping. I began to think on how our seasons are and it can go pretty long between soaking rain although it isn't a "drought." Then is when I could not worry about seedlings, the plants and watering.

Now, soil really is where I'm trying to get a stable routine :rofl: which I suppose there never really is....

I'd go along with that ideal soil after I need to transplant from the one gal germ pot. Not supposed to nute in veg for a couple few weeks anyway.

still no sex declared on my bag seed :popcorn:

All I have now is the cubes, but I am going to switch to rooters because I think people are having better results. I've put a cube in the tent, by itself, just sitting in there so I see how quickly it dries. I know there is a huge difference between one in dirt and one sitting open, but at least this will give me an idea. I think one of my plants has committed suicide lol. She still had her helmet on and it was very black /brown. I touched it and it was crunchy, it s trying to grow inside, because the leaves are green with a little bit of brown tips. I think there is enough green there for her to recover.
Thanks for the input and comments my fellow 420ers!

Im curious why you dont plant it in directly into the soil and let it come up as it would in the wild? I dont know the reasoning behind choosing to use rockwool cubes or some other starting method. Does it improve germination or allow you to watch the roots more closely?

Im taking notes. :)

I did go straight to soil once, but I had to end that grow just a few days in. I tried 3 seeds, one popped, but they were all bag seed. I've only soil over ever tried had been Ideal, I tried hempy my very time but that didn't end well. Shadowman puts his directly in soil and has wonderful results! Using cubes, I can see plant within two days (after in water and tap root shows) after planting. I'm just not a patient person. After exchanging PMs with Shadowman and seeing his journals, I probably will go straight to dirt after tap root next time

:blushsmile: Good to hear.

I put them from soaking in the cup of water directly into the soil. I use a "humidity dome" of sorts if needed when first sprouted. Let me tell you this: I could NEVER keep a houseplant alive until this cannabis experiment I started last year. So when I say you better figure on being a patient person if you need to keep this plant alive it's because I had to learn it myself :rofl: I have screwed up and produced meds good enough for me though I am a "light weight" LOL :peace:

Soaked seed, put directly in soil and watered just a very little bit. It's been about 5 days and here is what I have
CAM004872.jpg

Too soon to get excited, but at least I have something! I put another seed in water today

Ok. Have two Baby Freedom that are alive. Both in water for two days, then wet paper towel until abouta 1/4 inch of root. Then straight to Ideal soil. Water hole for seed, and covered seed. After breaking the surface, add about a table soon of water, then water the same in about two days.
CAM00526.jpg

CAM005271.jpg
CAM00530.jpg

I left the first one sit a little too long in the window sill. A lot of stretch
CAM006021.jpg

Second plant was put under single cfl as soon as she broke ground. Hee she is after two days.
CAM00601.jpg

Back
Top Bottom