Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

I hope I am not to late for the show I am subbed :popcorn: I am on my first grow myself you are welcome to check it out sorry to hear about your plants
Not too late, pull up a chair. Your girls are mighty beautiful! Great job on lst, your going to have a nice canopy of bud soon!

holy grow tents batman... now I know were I seen your screen name before @Colesdad it was from the grow tent review you did lol I must have read your review of that grow tent like five times I was going to get that exact tent because I did not think I had enough room for the tent I have now. all I had to do was toke up and I remembered it all hahahaha:rofl:

:lot-o-toke:

ROUND II.

Jackie is in the soil now. The only water she has is what is in the cube. Cube is still moist. Baby Freedoms are still in their homemade domes. They both have broken ground, once that have roots about 2in long they too will go into soil.....

Soil update! Ideal sent me two bags, this first was late 2014. This is the soil I have been using. The second isa newer version that I received early 2015. The second bag is a reformulated soil, they said it has better water drainage. My intention was to use this soil from the beginning because it is a truer representation of the product. The good thing is, I can compare the old to the new. The nutrient make up is the same, it is still loaded with the same amount of product, just supposedly strains better. Man, I sure hope so.

At this time I'm running my lights 24hrs. I'm going to give the Baby Freedoms one week of 24hr light after they go into the dirt. Using this plan, the Jack Herer auto will have been 2 weeks in dirt by the time I go 12/12.

So, new plan...
2015 version Ideal 420 Soil.
Two weeks autoflower in dirt.
1 week photoperiod Baby Freedoms (x2) in dirt.
THEN switching to 12/12 for the rest of the grow cycle.

Baby #1
CAM004493.jpg

Baby #2
CAM004502.jpg

Jackie
CAM004512.jpg

Naw B, she is good. Just the flash. But you have reminded me to check the height from the top of the autoflower! I'm using a five gallon bucket instead of a 3.5 gallon pot this time.

Of course, keep the input coming though. You are certainly the LED light stress master. I'm laughing with you, not at you brother :)

I'm talking about your other plants whose leaf tips turned brown then bleached. that's led stress. it takes about a week for the plants to show signs so be careful. if you notice it again shut the leds off and run a cfl.

I'm talking about your other plants whose leaf tips turned brown then bleached. that's led stress. it takes about a week for the plants to show signs so be careful. if you notice it again shut the leds off and run a cfl.

Oh, OK. Thanks B. I checked my lamp, it was at 20in, so I raised it a few more. I'll keep an eye on them.

Jackie is dead, I accidently killed her. She died up. I had the fan on blowing outside air into the tent and had the vent open at the bottom. Had it like this for more than 24hrs. She just plain dried up, I've been keeping her wet for the last few days, but she has departed :( But, both Baby Freedom are doing well. I have each about a tablespoon of water yesterday, and again today. I'm only putting water on the cube, I'm probably not going to wet the dirt for a few more days or until I have 4 good leaves on each. Temps are as hot as 90, that's why I was venting. Been fighting humidity also, never really gets above 40ish. I've been passively trying to raise it with a shallow pan of water, but because I am purposely being stingy with water, I may add a humidifier. What do you guys think about the humidity?

I'm not going to try another autoflower, just sticking with two Baby Freedom for the rest of the grow. I'm starting my 12/12 light schedule later this week.

The babies
CAM00452.jpg
CAM004531.jpg

Temps/humidity
CAM004541.jpg

Your babies are very cute. :blushsmile:

condolences on jackie...how old are those babies as of now?...as near as I can tell by yours posts. they would be about 2 weeks...Yes?...if that's the case...imho...they're undersized...I started my seeds after you...and at 2 weeks under 2 CFL's(13 watts a piece in reflector hoods)...in a very open basement environment under 24 hour light at about 4 inches from top of plant...they are about 4 to 5 inches in their 3 inch starter trays(soil mix only...no nutes)
...if weather cooperates...they will move into 1 gallon pots this weekend for a month or so, before going into 5 gallon pots...I understand Yer need/want for a quick turn a round...but maybe Yer trying too much too quick...We all have our own styles...I truly hope your endeavors prosper...Cheers...h00k...

Hey hook. These babies are only 3 days above ground. My first two baby freedom didn't make it, too much water.

As far as pot siz, I'm guessing it's 1.5 gallon

Buddy I suggest next time you pop a seed try it the way I do I put it in atleast a gallon pot first you fill pot duh. then water it with ph water til you get 20% run off then put that dang seed in it a 1-2 down. Now it wont need water for a few days and will be much harder over water. This is the only way I have sprouted and grew so far and and 11 for 11 atm this is just a suggestion and just trying to help you out.

Thanks for the tip chuck. But the 420 Soil is too rich to water that much, it would release too many of the nutes too fast.
There was another member here that used this soil and watered it heavily before dropping the seed and they never popped, they tried it this way about 6 times, with the same result. I email Ideal and they said that would be too rich for seeds to survive.
They recommend about a 2in square amount of soil to germinate and then move to a larger pot. Obviously I used rockwool, but my last grow I did have two sprout using the 2in of dirt method.

Back
Top Bottom