Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

How long are you adding grow nutes 420??? Just the first week?

My batch of clones have popped roots now I'm just waiting for the slow pokes to catch up and for the few I had to put in a couple days after due to an accident to get some roots going and I will get the cloner cleaned up and a batch of only 1 or 2 strains so I can have a solid batch of each strain coming out a week to 10 days apart. I'm thinking 7 days is out of reach for me at this point. 10 days is acceptable for me though.

So are you adding nutes every feeding/watering? Or what is your sch. Feed, water, water. Feed, water, feed??

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

You inspired me to use soda bottles for my next grow. I'm going to try it with 20oz and see what happens.

Go straight to 12/12 and you might just make it.

Morning 420fied! I'm wondering how often you're watering the oldest girls at this point... I'm still at every 3 days or so.

Afternoon Blue. I have watered them daily for the most part. I find that if I water them daily it only takes 8 oz. of water per plant but if I water every other day each plant takes 16 oz. I know I could water them every other day or even every 3rd day as you do if I wanted but I've chosen to feed/water all plants on a daily basis. I think there are several combinations that will work.

How long are you adding grow nutes 420??? Just the first week?

My batch of clones have popped roots now I'm just waiting for the slow pokes to catch up and for the few I had to put in a couple days after due to an accident to get some roots going and I will get the cloner cleaned up and a batch of only 1 or 2 strains so I can have a solid batch of each strain coming out a week to 10 days apart. I'm thinking 7 days is out of reach for me at this point. 10 days is acceptable for me though.

So are you adding nutes every feeding/watering? Or what is your sch. Feed, water, water. Feed, water, feed??

In the first week I follow the GH 3 part schedule. There's a picture of the schedule at the beginning of this grow journal.

Week 1 -- 400PPM =(2.5ML of grow, bloom, and micro per gallon of water)

Week 2 -- 700PPM =(approx 6ML of bloom, 4ML of grow, and 4ML of micro)

Week 3 I upgrade to 900PPM and so on.... I follow the GH 3 part schedule for the most part. I just tailor it to the needs of the plants. Pay close attention to your girls. They will always let you know what their needs are.

I feed them daily with every watering. Every 7th day I flush them. So to answer your question, my week looks like this:

Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
FEED FEED FEED FEED FEED FEED FLUSH

Congrats on the rooted clones! 10 days is fast! I know people that are happy if they get roots in 14-16 days.

Good growing everyone!

:hookah:

I buried an additional 11 clones tonight bringing the total to 70 in pots. I can't wait until they're all the same size under the lights as I think it will make for some pretty cool pictures.

70_pots.JPG

Good growing everyone.

I love that pic, the back row girls look like giants! Do you think the shorter ones are getting enough light? I'm kind of having the same issue, it's a pain when the heights are so different. I think you'll be on the high end of your predictions if not even higher, can't wait to see it unfold. :bravo:

Hey 420...awesome grow...I'm subbed...:popcorn:

What is the goal here? It looks like you're growing a larger number of smaller plants than going for a fewer number of larger plants and I'm assuming that increases yields?

On the defoliation....why? I'm sorry if this is redundant, I skimmed all of your previous pages and I'm very intrigued by your method...master yoda!!

LOL Thank you in advance for the indulgence...:adore:

:Namaste:

Go straight to 12/12 and you might just make it.

Are you saying it could die before making it? Is it because of the size of the container? If that's the case I might not risk killing the girls before they fully develop...

I love that pic, the back row girls look like giants! Do you think the shorter ones are getting enough light? I'm kind of having the same issue, it's a pain when the heights are so different. I think you'll be on the high end of your predictions if not even higher, can't wait to see it unfold. :bravo:

In reality the largest plants are only 18-20 inches tall. The smaller plants are getting plenty of light because there's a second HPS unit that's over them.

Hey 420...awesome grow...I'm subbed...:popcorn:

What is the goal here? It looks like you're growing a larger number of smaller plants than going for a fewer number of larger plants and I'm assuming that increases yields?

On the defoliation....why? I'm sorry if this is redundant, I skimmed all of your previous pages and I'm very intrigued by your method...master yoda!!

LOL Thank you in advance for the indulgence...:adore:

SOG'ing 100 small plants in 2 liter pots will definitely increase yields compared to 8 or 10 larger ones. The goal for this 100 plant grow is 40-50 ounces. The defoliation process increases yield. We're trying to grow bud, not leaves ....right? Some people scoff at the notion of taking off the large fan leaves but I know for a fact that it increases yield.

Are you saying it could die before making it? Is it because of the size of the container? If that's the case I might not risk killing the girls before they fully develop...

When growing in a 20 oz bottle you may experience some issues with your roots getting bound. I've never tried it so I can't really say.

Good growing everyone.

SOG'ing 100 small plants in 2 liter pots will definitely increase yields compared to 8 or 10 larger ones. The goal for this 100 plant grow is 40-50 ounces. The defoliation process increases yield. We're trying to grow bud, not leaves ....right? Some people scoff at the notion of taking off the large fan leaves but I know for a fact that it increases yield.

There is so much info that contradicts this but I trimmed some fan leaves off this week and I'll be damned if I don't agree with you. The buds where I trimmed look as if they are filling out faster than the buds where I didn't trim.

Guess what I'm doing on Tuesday?? LOL

It's like the difference between republicans and democrats on this issue. The dem's are totally against trimming and republicans trim away...

That's what it seems like anyway. I read a journal last night, couldn't sleep, and the grower said flat out that he trimmed fan leaves and point blank said that it retarded the growth of his buds.

So many variables, so little time!! :)

There is so much info that contradicts this but I trimmed some fan leaves off this week and I'll be damned if I don't agree with you. The buds where I trimmed look as if they are filling out faster than the buds where I didn't trim.

Guess what I'm doing on Tuesday?? LOL

It's like the difference between republicans and democrats on this issue. The dem's are totally against trimming and republicans trim away...

That's what it seems like anyway. I read a journal last night, couldn't sleep, and the grower said flat out that he trimmed fan leaves and point blank said that it retarded the growth of his buds.

So many variables, so little time!! :)

I read the same journal. I doubt it's the defoliation causing the problem.

There are mixed opinions on defoliation, but I've seen it increase yields 20% from grow to grow with all other variables(nute loads, temps, lights) remaining exactly as they were.

To each his own.

With your sog are you going to use some kind of support like trelis, bamboo sticks to hold them up?

When and if they get to the point that the weight makes them lean I will stake them. Another grower used 2 liters and his plants which finished over 30 inches(he vegged for 2 weeks, I went straight to 12/12), didn't require stakes.

I actually hope they get so heavy that I DO have to stake them. ;)

I read the same journal. I doubt it's the defoliation causing the problem.

There are mixed opinions on defoliation, but I've seen it increase yields 20% from grow to grow with all other variables(nute loads, temps, lights) remaining exactly as they were.

To each his own.

Agreed..thanks much for the reply :)

Hello everyone,

It's day26 for the originals and tonight I defoliated the 2nd group. I took some comparison photos for those who think that defoliation hinders bud growth. The pictures don't lie.

A comparison of a plant I defoliated tonight and one I defoliated 5 days ago. I'm guessing you'll be able to tell which one the oldest defoliated plant is. Note the bud formation. Remember, these plants are only 5 days apart in age.

d26compare.JPG

Starting to get frosty! Yummmmmm

d26snow.JPG

The older group is on the right in this picture. It doesn't look like the defoliation is hindering bud production to me.

groupd26.JPG

It's starting to look and smell pretty good now. More to come later.

Good growing everyone.

I believe but can't prove that fan leaf function is energy for seed production. Useless
Leave a couple for root maintenance. Let light hit bud sites :slide:
My best was defoliated, then I tried natural again. :hmmmm:
I love now knowing when :thanks:

Hello everyone,

It's day26 for the originals and tonight I defoliated the 2nd group. I took some comparison photos for those who think that defoliation hinders bud growth. The pictures don't lie.

A comparison of a plant I defoliated tonight and one I defoliated 5 days ago. I'm guessing you'll be able to tell which one the oldest defoliated plant is. Note the bud formation. Remember, these plants are only 5 days apart in age.

d26compare.JPG

Starting to get frosty! Yummmmmm

d26snow.JPG

The older group is on the right in this picture. It doesn't look like the defoliation is hindering bud production to me.

groupd26.JPG

It's starting to look and smell pretty good now. More to come later.

Good growing everyone.

Well there you have it. Tuesday morning is going to be busy for me!! Awesome results...thanks so much for sharing this...

+

I know I'm late to this grow but it is so captivating I had to read all previous pages and subscribe. Amazing job . Love the extra tutorials like the cloning and the discussion on removing fan leaves awesome, this is whay a good journal is about plus rep +.

I believe but can't prove that fan leaf function is energy for seed production. Useless
Leave a couple for root maintenance. Let light hit bud sites :slide:
My best was defoliated, then I tried natural again. :hmmmm:
I love now knowing when :thanks:

Thanks for stopping in. ;)

Well there you have it. Tuesday morning is going to be busy for me!! Awesome results...thanks so much for sharing this...

+

Defoliation rocks! Best of luck!

I know I'm late to this grow but it is so captivating I had to read all previous pages and subscribe. Amazing job . Love the extra tutorials like the cloning and the discussion on removing fan leaves awesome, this is whay a good journal is about plus rep +.

Thanks for the kind words. Stick around as there's lots more to come! The more the merrier!

Sup 420fied.
Beautiful bud sticks you got.
Glad you like my grows.
I had a chance to review your journal and I think your doing great. After a more thorough review I found some areas that could be improved with your grow operation, mostly in the cloning department.
The cloning powder you have is meant for cloning in mediums like soil and rockwool. You clone with no medium so its not made for your style of cloning. If the rooting hormone isn't absorbed into the clipping its worthless and you won't show good results. You should use a cloning gel like clonex or roottech. Gel type sticks to the clipping and absorbs the rooting hormone causing a explosion of roots. When you take your clipping, lightly scrape the sides of the stem at the cut area and dip it in the gel. I leave the clippings in the jar of gel until I have about 5 to 8 clones then I put them in the cloner machine. Once the clipping is dipped in the gel you can put them in the cloner with the pump on or off. I normally don't turn the cloner machine on until I am finished taking all my clones which can take over a hour because of how many clones I make. This lets the clippings have plenty of time to absorb the rooting hormone before I turn the machine on and the nutrient solution washes off the excess gel and the gel keeps the clipping from sucking up a airbubble.

This pic was taken 7 days after I took the clippings
clones_for_satelite_roots_day_7_2_.JPG

And this pic is after 12 days.

clones_for_satelite_roots_day_12_2_.JPG

Also flushing the mother with a flushing agent before taking clippings reduces rooting time and provides good root maintenance for the mum. Flush the mum the day before taking clippings.
Using a good cloning solution instead of water or water with nutes also reduces rooting time.
I also use dyna-gro proteck, works great when heat and humidity issues come up and can be used during all grow cycles.
I hope this info helps ya bro, I know you didn't ask for any help but it might help in you rooting process.

Sup 420fied.
Beautiful bud sticks you got.
Glad you like my grows.
I had a chance to review your journal and I think your doing great. After a more thorough review I found some areas that could be improved with your grow operation, mostly in the cloning department.
The cloning powder you have is meant for cloning in mediums like soil and rockwool. You clone with no medium so its not made for your style of cloning. If the rooting hormone isn't absorbed into the clipping its worthless and you won't show good results. You should use a cloning gel like clonex or roottech. Gel type sticks to the clipping and absorbs the rooting hormone causing a explosion of roots. When you take your clipping, lightly scrape the sides of the stem at the cut area and dip it in the gel. I leave the clippings in the jar of gel until I have about 5 to 8 clones then I put them in the cloner machine. Once the clipping is dipped in the gel you can put them in the cloner with the pump on or off. I normally don't turn the cloner machine on until I am finished taking all my clones which can take over a hour because of how many clones I make. This lets the clippings have plenty of time to absorb the rooting hormone before I turn the machine on and the nutrient solution washes off the excess gel and the gel keeps the clipping from sucking up a airbubble.

This pic was taken 7 days after I took the clippings
clones_for_satelite_roots_day_7_2_.JPG

And this pic is after 12 days.

clones_for_satelite_roots_day_12_2_.JPG

Also flushing the mother with a flushing agent before taking clippings reduces rooting time and provides good root maintenance for the mum. Flush the mum the day before taking clippings.
Using a good cloning solution instead of water or water with nutes also reduces rooting time.
I also use dyna-gro proteck, works great when heat and humidity issues come up and can be used during all grow cycles.
I hope this info helps ya bro, I know you didn't ask for any help but it might help in you rooting process.

I appreciate the feedback and your roots looks gorgeous. I am aware that the powder isn't designed for an Aero cloner and I understand that it gets washed off immediatley. I just dipped some of them for the hell of it(because the hormone is sitting here) and to be honest, I haven't used the rooting powder on the majority of my clones and have went with straight water which has given me a success rate of 95%+ thus far and all are plantable after 10-12 days in the cloner.

Out of 75 clones taken I've had 3 fail on me.

Gel would be a nice addition but I certainly don't find it to be a necessity. Things could always be improved, but I'm happy with the results that plain old water is giving me.

Very impressive 420!
:bravo:
The results speak for themselves, but I would have guessed the first batch was more like 2 weeks older and not just 5 days! :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom