Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

Looking awesome 420fied.

Do you expect there to be any foliage on the plants when you begin to flush for the last few weeks of flower? I'm just wondering how the plants handle that - if they can't pull nutrients from their foliage, what exactly happens?

Take a close look at the defoliated plants. There's still enough fans on there pull in the food. Defoliation just allows for increased light penetration. Best of luck.

I just found this journal, and all I can say is... :thumb:

Now that i'm all caught up I can't wait to see how things turn out!
:nicethread:

A 420 to all, and to all a good toke! :tokin:

Hope you have a good day, 420fied! :byebye:

Great Job 420 !

I see you have caught on to the power of the 2 liter Hempy SOG

Its looking top notch.

Stripping Fans on day 21 and 45 is much better canopy management technique then lolly popping sog clones.

I thank Jrosek for all this, because without him I never would have done my White Poison Hempy SOG.

Keep it up Bud !

Great Job 420 !

I see you have caught on to the power of the 2 liter Hempy SOG

Its looking top notch.

Stripping Fans on day 21 and 45 is much better canopy management technique then lolly popping sog clones.

I thank Jrosek for all this, because without him I never would have done my White Poison Hempy SOG.

Keep it up Bud !

You're the inspiration for this grow. Your journal opened my eyes my friend. Thank you.

hey 420 quick cuple ?'s if u dont mind...

r u still feeding 2.5ml's of grow micro and bloom 2 ur babies after transplanting?

and how often did u end up watering them at first every day or every other?

hey 420 quick cuple ?'s if u dont mind...

r u still feeding 2.5ml's of grow micro and bloom 2 ur babies after transplanting?

and how often did u end up watering them at first every day or every other?

Yes. Clones get 2.5ml of grow, bloom, and micro(per gallon of water) for the first week and I ramp up the feeding after that.

I usually water all plants every day but I do occasionally skip a day to let them dry out a little which promotes root stretch as they search for the water/nutes.

I've never skipped more than 1 day between waterings but some growers do.

The original 16 are on day 32 of 12/12. They're on the right in this picture. The group on the left is on day 26. Both groups have been defoliated. The 3rd group gets defoliated tomorrow.

The stretch is over for the first 2 groups in this picture(30 plants), and they're starting to pack on a little weight now.

d321.JPG

Good growing everyone!

To give you guys and gals some perspective:

These are the oldest girls lined up for a feeding just a little while ago. They were defoliated 11 days ago. Notice how they recover and produce lots of new fans.

oldest_feed.JPG

Here's a shot of a single plant to show where we are at day 32.

d32_defol.JPG

I'm looking forward to the rest of them catching up to the oldest ones.

Good growing everyone.

That's so awesome.

The group shot looks like it was taken in a corn field in Nebraska. If you need a scarecrow I'd be happy to volunteer :)

I have noticed that after trimming at day 22 the buds have shot out and new fans are popping up all over. I can't wait for day 45!

Thank you for doing what you are doing and sharing such great tips and tricks. This method has been great for my girls even though I don't even have a SOG grow.

:Namaste:

Your plants are looking incredible fied :thumb:

Did you notice any stretch after you defoliated?

You're gonna be way north of 14g's per plant.

Thanks for the show!

Hey 420fied. Well just breifly got caught up on your grow, and can say i will definitely be sticking around. love the sog with different plants at different stages. I am doing a very similar grow but with 14 days veg time, so i will be interested to see your results and may have to change some things in my grow depending on your results..
I may have missed it, but how tall are your plants? Are you defoliating the side growth as well, as i hardly see any beyond the bottom of the plant?

also, are you going to keep adding more and more plants as you harvest the plants in flower for a perpetual harvest? or is this a one time through type deal?

420fied, you made me a believer with the defoliation. Those things look amazing. I had a couple of smaller ladies outside and I gave them a little defoliation action. I hope I did not go to far. But the proof is in the pudding and your plants seem to love it. Amazing job as usual. I would rep you 1000 times but yet I cant even give you 1, you know the drill. Bless

Thanks for the show!

The first defoliation around day 21 where you strip off the large fans is done just after the stretch. So with whatever strain you try this on you use the end of stretch as the indicator for when you should strip the fans.

During that first couple of weeks of flower the fans help create the structure of the plant. But once stretch is over and flower sets in they become unnecessary and they block light from reaching the lower budsites.

You want to remove the large fans that have their own stem at this point. And any thing that is directly blocking a budsite can be removed too. Once this is done the canopy is much more open and the light can penetrate farther down into it.

The second defoliation around day 45 is to clear away any large leaf that has regrown from the budsites and might be blocking other budsites.

Thanks Xare. I loved your grow.

What I'm wondering though is if you can strip the fans to stop stretch... with the same root development 2 strains can grow to very different heights, and I'm thinking that may be a way to control the stretch of the taller strains. For example I think if I let the roots gets as developed as 420fieds, my acapulo golds will be over 2 feet tall. But if I try to keep them shorter by putting them into 12/12 sooner, I'm not sure the roots will be developed enough to grow fat colas like you guys did.

Right now I've got some 20" AG's that are done stretching, older than 420fieds and not nearly as developed cola-wise. I think that's because the roots weren't as developed. Hope I explained this clearly, would love to hear your thoughts.

I ran an experiment once where I did the stripping on day 18 instead of 21 on some large starts. For my strain the stretch was not quite finished at day 18.

It did seem to stall the stretch out and end it early. Keeping the clones at the height I wanted without any bad effects.

That's so awesome.

The group shot looks like it was taken in a corn field in Nebraska. If you need a scarecrow I'd be happy to volunteer :)

I have noticed that after trimming at day 22 the buds have shot out and new fans are popping up all over. I can't wait for day 45!

Thank you for doing what you are doing and sharing such great tips and tricks. This method has been great for my girls even though I don't even have a SOG grow.

:Namaste:

Thanks a lot for the kind words. To be honest, most of what you see here was pioneered by Xare. He's the originator. I just simply copied his ideas. The 2 liter idea really got me thinking when I saw it. I'm glad I decided to run them. I'm glad the defoliation is helping your girls!

:thumb:

Thanks for the show!

Thanks Blue. I defoliated at day 21 and Snow White is basically done stretching by then. I'd be fine with a 14g average as that would give me an even 50 ounces on this 100 plant run.

:hookah:

Hey 420fied. Well just breifly got caught up on your grow, and can say i will definitely be sticking around. love the sog with different plants at different stages. I am doing a very similar grow but with 14 days veg time, so i will be interested to see your results and may have to change some things in my grow depending on your results..
I may have missed it, but how tall are your plants? Are you defoliating the side growth as well, as i hardly see any beyond the bottom of the plant?

also, are you going to keep adding more and more plants as you harvest the plants in flower for a perpetual harvest? or is this a one time through type deal?

Thanks for stopping in and commenting. My plants are finishing in the 18-20" range. I defoliated all side growth (large fans). I left just a couple at the very top of the plant and at the bottom but all of the fan leaves in the middle 2/3's of the plant were removed.

I've decided to run this as a perpetual grow journal for at least 3 full runs so we can all learn, and fine tune this style. However, Xare has done most of the legwork on this particular style of growing and that makes it easier on us.

I appreciate your input. Please come back.

Back
Top Bottom