Consolidated Sexing Thread - You Show Yours / I'll Show Mine

Ravenplume

Alright. Making a brand spanking new discussion that is open to everyone to show and tell their plants and get help and opinions on whether male or female. Perhaps, if this thread really takes off, the PTB can make it a sticky thread.

That said, here is my first entry. Posted this in my Feyleaf journal, but my journals tend to be very lightly trafficked.

Feyleaf-Lite-S-00-00.jpg

This is a Feyleaf Lite that went through my 14/10 Dark/Light cycle and is now revegging. Am I correct in guessing that this one is indeed a girl?
Feyleaf-Lite-S-00-01.jpg

If so, she will go in a 5 gallon bucket as my main for FL Lite and get to grow out normally over the season.

Fabulous! Now I can finally officially open the main grow journal for the season (which is primarily for the primaries for each strain and pseudo-strain I'm doing.)

Yes, female. The leaves look irregular but I cannot see them clearly, have you had a bug issue perhaps? I see what could be some webbing maybe?
Haven't had any pest issues with my plants so far, other than one habanero that had something on it a while back. However, I think a little spider had also set up shoppe on that one and did its job as expected. :)

I am also going to take a wild ass guess and figure the irregularities in the leaves are likely a sign that she is revegging.

And now, here is Bitter Sweet Pie-S:00, which looks like it will be redesignated to S:01 as the first boy of the project.
CN-BSP-Lite-0001.jpg

He is certainly a healthy looking boy, and will hopefully get to be one of 2 in an operation I call the Double Cross. Instead of breeding BSP Lite siblings and Bubblegum Lite siblings back together, I am instead going to have a BG Lite boy pollinate a BSP Lite girl and a BSP Lite boy pollinate a BG Lite girl, which by the specifications I am developing, should give a pair of new Wildlings to work with and then breed into pures end of this season.

Still will likely eventually breed the lites back into pures, once I come up with suitable names for the results.

I think what @Sueet saw, as I did, was the leaf in your photo with what is very similar to spider mite damage (the little white areas all over the leaf from the tiny critters sucking the juice from them)
I blew up the pic in that area, there are 3 dark areas that look like bugs....spider mites maybe? I would check your plant carefully with a magnifier. If it's just specs of dirt, that's cool....but I've had those buggers in grows before.

Spider mite possibility.jpg

The webbing I was referring to is circled in the pic, and it is definitely not a normal spider web. Between the speckles on the leaves and the webbing it is definite, you have spider mites. (you can see the mites hanging in the web)

Feyleaf-Lite-S-00-00edit.jpg

Got another nice day coming up. Hopefully a few hours of sun might help?

This one was easy to tell. In fact, sexing them is getting easier now as I am getting more experienced to know what to look for.
CN-BDSP-PR0-S01.jpg

I only had this one on 14/10 for a day. I'm guessing something triggered flowering in him a couple weeks back for his crown to be that heavy with pollen sacs already. If he survives and thrives after I give him a planter, he will be the primary breeding boy for the Pair:0 Birthday Spankings. And of course, there will be several other things companioning with him. Just haven't decided what he rooms with yet.

Back
Top Bottom