Cookies Kush Clones In Soil - 2017

What are the genetics of the Cookies Kush? If I was to guess I would think Girl Scout Cookies crossed with a Kush...is that correct?
VexGrows answered the question and I will add to it. I patiently waited for harvest... approximately 10% amber trichs; however, I did sneak some dried, but NOT cured, bud out with some friends. They are heavy smokers - I am not. After two hits we were all hit with the giggles, a strong body buzz and slightly euphoric high. Surprisingly smooth hits but not a great or developed flavor (yet). I wish I could share this with everyone!

VexGrows answered the question and I will add to it. I patiently waited for harvest... approximately 10% amber trichs; however, I did sneak some dried, but NOT cured, bud out with some friends. They are heavy smokers - I am not. After two hits we were all hit with the giggles, a strong body buzz and slightly euphoric high. Surprisingly smooth hits but not a great or developed flavor (yet). I wish I could share this with everyone!

Thanks for the info. I will be growing Girl Scout Cookies along with Blue Dream, Northern Lights and an undecided strain on my next grow. Might need to consider Cookies Kush as a possibility.

Nice! Any pics yet?
420-magazine-mobile1892820064.jpg

I truly appreciate the Cookies Kush smoke report. I love giggly highs. :)

Check out my GJ when you get a chance.
Thanks for the info. I will be growing Girl Scout Cookies along with Blue Dream, Northern Lights and an undecided strain on my next grow. Might need to consider Cookies Kush as a possibility.
I love GSC, or any Cookies mix for that matter. .

Have you ever considered drilling small holes all around the sides of your buckets for increased oxygen? People swear by those air pots and fabric pots because of the increased oxygen available for the soil and ultimately the roots. 40 or 50, 1/8" holes all around the bucket might serve the same purpose and benefit.

No, I haven't. I checked out the air pots but really didn't know what the benefit was. Maybe on the next go around I'll try one.

The benefit of the air pots and the smart pots(or any of the fabric type pots) is the ability to oxygenate the soil and promote faster and healthier root growth. I didn't discover the air pots until after I put my girls into their smart pots. I don't know if the air pots are any better than the fabric pots or not. I did plant one of my tomato plants into a 5 gallon air pot, and I have to say its pretty impressive compared to the tomato plants I planted in raised beds. Looks bigger, stronger, healthier.

Either way, you can essentially do the same thing in your buckets with a drill if you wanted to try one bucket with the holes and one bucket without the holes.

19 days in. Temp: 84 RH: 50 PH: 6.8
The girl on the left had two prominent branches so I FIM'd the top of both. Girl on the right I topped. My only reason is I've never topped one so I'm gonna see how I like it. Also have them secured down for a little LST. They're so ugly right now but should bounce back in a day or so .
Also moved them in to CMH lighting at day 16. Temperature is gonna be a struggle through the hotter summer months.
420-magazine-mobile1108938940.jpg

Temp has been hovering around 87 degrees. RH - 40. PH - 7. Gave them a watering with some nutes (flora micro, flora grow, cal-mag). Recovered quickly from their training.
420-magazine-mobile1581730651.jpg

On the right side plant that I topped, I also broke the main branches and you can see her knots here:
420-magazine-mobile739920679.jpg

She's taking all the abuse I can throw at her. Did some more supercropping to even out the growth. Fed her today with the same nutes (flora micro, flora grow, cal mag) then added a touch of GH all in one. Using 1 tsp/gal except for the all in one, did about .4 tsp. Seems like a good place for them right now. Temps are more stable at 83, PH 6.9 to 7.0, RH about 40.
420-magazine-mobile1745585221.jpg

Nothing too exciting going on at the moment. Watered yesterday with full strength nutes at a ratio for pre flowering. Today I defoliated the bottom 1/4th of the plant and took away some very weak growth in other parts. She also donated 3 strong clones. Put up new trestle netting and will be flipping to 12/12 in another 10 days or so.
420-magazine-mobile376139671.jpg

Last night I decided to tie down the girls and get more even growth. This will hopefully be the last of the training until they reach the screen. The center is wide open at the moment, but they will fill in soon enough.
420-magazine-mobile1180777932.jpg
420-magazine-mobile760013862.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1179634462.jpg

Thats going to really give them a nice even canopy brother. Did you do any topping or FIMMING?
The left girl was FIM'd and the right girl was topped. That was early on. After they recovered they were dealt a few rounds of super cropping. This is the most LST I've done on a plant this late in veg. The only reason I tied them down was influence from VexGrows flux journal. Check it out if you have time... very interesting grow.

The left girl was FIM'd and the right girl was topped. That was early on. After they recovered they were dealt a few rounds of super cropping. This is the most LST I've done on a plant this late in veg. The only reason I tied them down was influence from VexGrows flux journal. Check it out if you have time... very interesting grow.

I am very familiar with the Fluxing technique as well as main line training. I plan on doing them on my next grow.

The LST tying down is a very effective training technique. I am very fond of it as well as topping and FIMMING.

The good, the bad, and the the ugly. I was pushing these girls to the limit and we found that limit. Overwatered and overnuted them. Growth stunted and getting some burn on the leaves. I ignored the signs from the plant showing me they had plenty of water and instead watered solely based on soil. Mistake. The nutes I kept pushing trying to max them out and I certainly did. My only regret in doing that is the lack of growth for the past couple days. Problems have been addressed and corrected to the best of my skill. Now we wait.
420-magazine-mobile182363595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile357271195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom