Cooking with The Chronic

Haha worked great for worms and bears just not big squares:D
I'm completely hooked on the Jello I used this last time. It's an off brand but they have "Jolly Rancher" candy flavors. I used sour green apple this last batch, and they are delicious!
:drool::drool:
They have a Blue Raspberry, and Sour Cherry that I want to try as well!

So weird. I'm at Amazon looking at molds and my daughter sends me this from Ikea!
558908274.jpg
I'm getting two of the flowers and two fish. Starfish weren't flexible and the curved legs look like a problem.

Now I'll just melt down the bears and re-pour them in the bigger molds!

So weird. I'm at Amazon looking at molds and my daughter sends me this from Ikea!
558908274.jpg
I'm getting two of the flowers and two fish. Starfish weren't flexible and the curved legs look like a problem.

Now I'll just melt down the bears and re-pour them in the bigger molds!
I use the green stars. That's the rigid molds I'm talking about retiring.
They work good, but the new ones I got were much easier to pop out.
2018-09-17-15-32-35.jpg

The bears I have were really flexible and it still took me 30 seconds of fiddling to get each one out.
I've heard that a light dusting of corn starch on the molds before filling will make them release easier.
I will be trying with my next batch... I just keep forgetting to buy corn starch when i go to the store. LoL

I'll tell you that I'd never use fans for topicals. I aim for a minimum of 15mg/ml THC for topicals and there's no way to hit that with fans
I used 2 cups of fractionated coconut oil for 28 grams of decarbed bud...is this going to be a useful "potency" for somegood topical? I came out with 5 mg/ml, sound about right?

I used 2 cups of fractionated coconut oil for 28 grams of decarbed bud...is this going to be a useful "potency" for somegood topical? I came out with 5 mg/ml, sound about right?
5mg/ml is too low by my standards. I aim for 15mg/ml for topical oil. It takes a lot of bud to make topicals!

Also, I find fractionated coconut oil too greasy. I switched to 50/50 pumpkin seed and grape seed and it gets absorbed really fast.

5mg/ml is too low by my standards. I aim for 15mg/ml for topical oil. It takes a lot of bud to make topicals!

Also, I find fractionated coconut oil too greasy. I switched to 50/50 pumpkin seed and grape seed and it gets absorbed really fast.
Any way to remedy the situation? I was thinking maybe take half and run it on another cycle using another half ounce or so? That should get me to around 10 mg/ml. I could also add in some avocado/grapeseed/sweet almond oil if I upped the bud even more!?

Any way to remedy the situation? I was thinking maybe take half and run it on another cycle using another half ounce or so? That should get me to around 10 mg/ml. I could also add in some avocado/grapeseed/sweet almond oil if I upped the bud even more!?
Not sure about the absorption rate of avocado or almond oil. There are massage oil websites that show that info though. Or check Magnus89's thread for mention of those. The two I use have the fastest rates so that's what I went with. If you add more oil though you will need a lot more buds!
Also, the 5 mg/ml should be plenty for some cookies correct? Guess I could probably go do the math myself lol
10mg/ml is a standard measure for edibles in a few legal states. But 5mg/ml is fine...just means you get to eat more!

Back
Top Bottom