Cooking with The Chronic

I ate 3-4 of these an hour ago. Went for a nice walk and now I'm melted to my couch.

Very relaxed during my walk, but definitely knew I was high AF. I decided to head back toward the house when my body started feeling like bagged sand. LoL

I'm cool wit it! :thumb:
I used all popcorn this time with very few fans. Much better material than I've ever run previously.
:ganjamon:

Dave’s not here man lol No I’m Dave
Stoned enough that I agreed for my 9 y/o daughter to have a sleepover with a friend. :eek:
100% certain I'm gonna eat 5-6 more and get my toenails painted tonight.
:rollit:

:rofl::rofl::laugh::laugh: I don’t know how old you are but the younger crowd wouldn’t get that joke. Cheech and Chong love them
Haha! I watched every one of those flicks, on VHS, 100 times while getting high during my teenage years. (Early 90's)

I remember my dad even having the old vinyl Cheech & Chong album. Listened to that a bunch too.
:passitleft:

@InTheShed thank you! I almost tagged you to begin with, figured you'd have some idea!

So the guy at magic butter said the potentcy shouldn't have been affected by the 12 hour cook time as the machine doesnt get hot enough. But since I put 2 cups in and only got a hair over 1 cup out, the dilution is clearly thrown off. He recommended throwing another cup of unsalted butter in and running another short cycle!

As for troubleshooting the problem, he told me to try and run another cycle the same way and see if it persists. Using water though! Then to try it again on a 4 or 8 hour cycle. He also said they have been having some flaws lately with the 2 hour button! Said they would warranty it out if it doesn't fix itself..

Luckily the stuff isn't ruined! That tbsp wrecked my world. I was frickin blitzed!! Was super motivated though, just had the jello like side effect. Ive never had an edible trash me so bad lol. So only gonna try a teaspoon next time around!

I use to have the giant roiling paper that came with the album. But I smoked it haha
Same! LoL

My dad wasn't a smoker. He had no idea it was a rolling paper. Smoked that at some point while I was in high school. :ganjamon:

@InTheShed thank you! I almost tagged you to begin with, figured you'd have some idea!
So the guy at magic butter said the potentcy shouldn't have been affected by the 12 hour cook time as the machine doesnt get hot enough. But since I put 2 cups in and only got a hair over 1 cup out, the dilution is clearly thrown off. He recommended throwing another cup of unsalted butter in and running another short cycle!
As for troubleshooting the problem, he told me to try and run another cycle the same way and see if it persists. Using water though! Then to try it again on a 4 or 8 hour cycle. He also said they have been having some flaws lately with the 2 hour button! Said they would warranty it out if it doesn't fix itself..
Luckily the stuff isn't ruined! That tbsp wrecked my world. I was frickin blitzed!! Was super motivated though, just had the jello like side effect. Ive never had an edible trash me so bad lol. So only gonna try a teaspoon next time around!
Def not ruined. Some folks do 12 hour infusions anyway, just never heard of anyone doing it in butter. I don't think you need to run another infusion if you add more butter, just blend it all together. Not sure what you end up with because I don't know what part of the butter evaporated!

I use to have the giant roiling paper that came with the album. But I smoked it haha
I remember when that album came out with the paper in it. Albums used to be fun like that! Sticky Fingers with the zipper, Alice Cooper's came in a cardboard box, Grand Funk Railroad's American Band was a see-through yellow vinyl. Still have all of those!

What do you mean, not sure which part of the butter evaporated? Would the meds evaporate with that butter?
Not at all. I just mean if you take 2 cups of butter and half of it's gone, what evaporated? Water? If it's water just add a cup of water! If you add another cup of butter be prepared for a very buttery flavor is all I'm saying I guess, because you end up with 3 cups of buttery-ness concentrated into two, or something :rolleyes:.

Not at all. I just mean if you take 2 cups of butter and half of it's gone, what evaporated? Water? If it's water just add a cup of water! If you add another cup of butter be prepared for a very buttery flavor is all I'm saying I guess, because you end up with 3 cups of buttery-ness concentrated into two, or something :rolleyes:.
Mmmmm.... :drool::drool::drool:
Buttery goodness! LoL

I dried and decarbed 2 big ziplock bags of fans and ended up with 3 cups when I ground them.

In order to make the oil strong (since these are just fans) I need to use less oil than if these were flowers or trim. How little oil can I get away with doing the infusion?
20180915_110646.jpg

I dried and decarbed 2 big ziplock bags of fans and ended up with 3 cups when I ground them.

In order to make the oil strong (since these are just fans) I need to use less oil than if these were flowers or trim. How little oil can I get away with doing the infusion?
20180915_110646.jpg
Maybe a cup? I'd just fill until the dry material is saturated, maybe a little bit over. Should make some stout oil.
:ganjamon:

Thanks P! So I should just keep pouring oil in and stirring until it's wet? Ya think 1/4 cup of what I ended up with will pack a punch in your gummy recipe? I have to buy corn syrup and more jello today. I'll report back when I pull it all together.
I bet they will be great! This last batch I made are really damn good. I'm excited to see how much punch they pack! I'm sitting on a bunch of fans. Your current run will probably decide whether my fans become gummies or topicals....
I'll definitely be sticking with that 1/4 cup corn syrup from now on! They set up great!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom