Cooking with The Chronic

Not sure about the absorption rate of avocado or almond oil. There are massage oil websites that show that info though. Or check Magnus89's thread for mention of those. The two I use have the fastest rates so that's what I went with. If you add more oil though you will need a lot more buds!

10mg/ml is a standard measure for edibles in a few legal states. But 5mg/ml is fine...just means you get to eat more!
Thanks Shed, I'll share my little recipe here when I get all the amounts set in stone and all that good stuff!

Gonna add in some blue emu and mango or raw cacao butter. Havent fully decided quite yet. Also not sure if there's a difference between topicals and lotions and salves but im shooting for a sort of lotion! Will update here again when all is sorted..

Thanks Shed, I'll share my little recipe here when I get all the amounts set in stone and all that good stuff!

Gonna add in some blue emu and mango or raw cacao butter. Havent fully decided quite yet. Also not sure if there's a difference between topicals and lotions and salves but im shooting for a sort of lotion! Will update here again when all is sorted..
I actually just posted about lotions vs oils in the topicals thread. Here is what I said:

You will find some polite disagreement on lotions vs oils vs butter for pain relief. Magnus' feeling (which I have found to be accurate) is that any solidifiers (beeswax, soy wax, shea butter, etc.) have the ultimate effect of lowering the absorption of cannabinoids into the skin. It makes logical sense to me, and I have found that my oil/beeswax salve provides less pain relief (and stains clothes more readily) than the straight oil which is quickly absorbed.

So I use just infused oil for pain. I use the salve for other things where I want a layer of something to stay on the skin, like for dry patches or welts.

I actually just posted about lotions vs oils in the topicals thread. Here is what I said:

You will find some polite disagreement on lotions vs oils vs butter for pain relief. Magnus' feeling (which I have found to be accurate) is that any solidifiers (beeswax, soy wax, shea butter, etc.) have the ultimate effect of lowering the absorption of cannabinoids into the skin. It makes logical sense to me, and I have found that my oil/beeswax salve provides less pain relief (and stains clothes more readily) than the straight oil which is quickly absorbed.

So I use just infused oil for pain. I use the salve for other things where I want a layer of something to stay on the skin, like for dry patches or welts.
Good info! Mannnn, there's alotta options...

Soo, got my dilemma solved! I had forgotten about the 3+ ounces of bud rot C99 I had hanging out in the outdoor fridge! Lol. So I took half the infused coconut oil (1 cup at approx. 5 mg/ml) and added in another ~1 1/4 cups of mostly grapeseed with a little sweet almond oil. To that I added 50 grams of decarbed Cindy, and ~16 grams of "fresh" Cindy.

If my calculations are correct I should be around 12-14 mg/ml when all said and done! Should do the trick eh!?

Edit: Was curious as to the best way to store this stuff for long term? Dark glass jar maybe :hmmmm: how long should it keep?

Soo, got my dilemma solved! I had forgotten about the 3+ ounces of bud rot C99 I had hanging out in the outdoor fridge! Lol. So I took half the infused coconut oil (1 cup at approx. 5 mg/ml) and added in another ~1 1/4 cups of mostly grapeseed with a little sweet almond oil. To that I added 50 grams of decarbed Cindy, and ~16 grams of "fresh" Cindy.

If my calculations are correct I should be around 12-14 mg/ml when all said and done! Should do the trick eh!?
That'll do it! LoL

Way to bump them f-n numbers buddy!
:passitleft:

Mmm thanks! :passitleft: Did you happen to catch the part I edited. Wondering how to store for long term?
I would guess a good Mason jar and the fridge would be your best bet, but I'm no expert.
I wouldn't really think there is anything in there that would spoil though. It may be just fine at room temp.

I'm sure @InTheShed will chime in soon enough with an answer for ya.
:passitleft:

Mmm thanks! :passitleft: Did you happen to catch the part I edited. Wondering how to store for long term?
I would guess a good Mason jar and the fridge would be your best bet, but I'm no expert.
I wouldn't really think there is anything in there that would spoil though. It may be just fine at room temp.
I'm sure @InTheShed will chime in soon enough with an answer for ya.
Back of the fridge is where mine goes. The capsule oil with EVOO and the topical oil with pumpkin seed and grapeseed. All is well months later.

I hope you decarbed the moldy bud first.

o_O all except for a half ounce maybe!!! I seriously hope that isnt detrimental!

And honestly, after it dried up real good, I couldnt find a whole lot of the mold. None actually now that I think about it, but I didnt inspect it superr hard

o_O all except for a half ounce maybe!!! I seriously hope that isnt detrimental!
And honestly, after it dried up real good, I couldnt find a whole lot of the mold. None actually now that I think about it, but I didnt inspect it superr hard
Tea tree oil should help kill mold if I'm not mistaken?
Two things: I have no idea if tea tree oil kills botrytis mold or how much you would need; and if you didn't decarb your bud it's THCa not THC so it may not do for you what you're expecting.

I would check the flash points of your oils, and if they can get to 240º I would decarb the whole thing. If not I would get it as high as I could for as long as I could. Or toss it and consider it a lesson learned. Just my 2 cents of course!

Two things: I have no idea if tea tree oil kills botrytis mold or how much you would need; and if you didn't decarb your bud it's THCa not THC so it may not do for you what you're expecting.

I would check the flash points of your oils, and if they can get to 240º I would decarb the whole thing. If not I would toss it and consider it a lesson learned. Just my 2 cents of course!
Only about 16 of the 84 grams weren't decarbed. Thought I'd try and get some non active in there in case it might contribute.

Still toss it if i cant get to 240?

Did I read here somewhere that they were gonna melt down there gummies and put them in a different mold.
I did do that! Put them in Ikea fish and flower molds. Flower ones work best!

I could be wrong, but I think the lowest of the 3 is still around 400°
Stick the mix in a jar (with loose tin foil on top) in the oven at 240º F. Check to see when the mix gets to that temp with an oven thermometer. When it does, set the timer for 60 minutes and all should be well.

I did do that! Put them in Ikea fish and flower molds. Flower ones work best!

Stick the mix in a jar (with loose tin foil on top) in the oven at 240º F. Check to see when the mix gets to that temp with an oven thermometer. When it does, set the timer for 60 minutes and all should be well.
Magic butter for an hour @ 240° once the mix is complete will do the deed then! Btw, the lowest flash/smoke point of the three is 320°. Which is the fractionated coconut oil

Back
Top Bottom