Cooking with The Chronic

Got into the kitchen today to make some oil. Every brownie that I eat just taste amazing with the coconut with the chocolate. My method is pretty simple but I thought i’d document for y’all. I think the pictures are pretty self-explanatory I used a coffee grinder.

I’ll let this set up in my veg tent, work and stay liquid for probably three or four weeks and then I get it into the Insta pot and see if I can set that up at about 240°. I’ve never used the Insta Pot before so this will be a first time. That bein said, last time I use the slow cooker all day is the best batch I’ve ever made. The flavor is amazing so I’m starting on the second round!

I am perplexed and honestly kinda disappointed. Although I smoked a lot of weed in my youth and always found it calming and it gave me a pleasant euphoric feeling which I really liked I haven’t smoked a joint in about 20 yrs because I got away from it with it being illegal it was a pain to get and cost a lot.

I have been for about a year using CBD oil for my arthritic knees and it has been a lot of help so when cannabis was legalized in Canada recently I figured why not grow my own plants and make my own CBD oil and grow some just to get high also. The things that stopped me before don’t apply now because being legal I can grow it myself and it’s virtually free and I don’t have to rely on anybody to get it from.

So I have some plants where the trichomes are mostly cloudy and I have been making oil trying to test if they are ready to harvest but my problem is that instead of getting the nice pleasant relaxing euphoric feeling I used to get when I used to smoke now taking cannabis with extra-virgin olive oil makes me feel anxious, tense and I literally sit around with my muscles tense and I just can’t relax. It’s a physical feeling not mental and honestly it feels like taking amphetamines.

I was hoping I was getting this feeling because the plants weren’t ready yet but the more mature they get doesn’t seem to make a difference and I even have a high CBD strain that I tried tonight and I feel just as stressed. I was reading online that when you eat cannabis oil as opposed to smoking it like I used to when your liver metabolizes the THC it turns into 11-hydroxy-THC so basically you are getting a different form of the drug when you eat it as opposed to smoke it and I wonder if that is my problem?

I don’t want to smoke so I don’t even want to experiment to see if that is the problem so can anybody tell me if they get a completely different high from eating cannabis as opposed to smoking it and especially if they feel stressed and anxious from eating it? I figure being a cooking thread this would be the place to find out?

I am perplexed and honestly kinda disappointed. Although I smoked a lot of weed in my youth and always found it calming and it gave me a pleasant euphoric feeling which I really liked I haven’t smoked a joint in about 20 yrs because I got away from it with it being illegal it was a pain to get and cost a lot.

I have been for about a year using CBD oil for my arthritic knees and it has been a lot of help so when cannabis was legalized in Canada recently I figured why not grow my own plants and make my own CBD oil and grow some just to get high also. The things that stopped me before don’t apply now because being legal I can grow it myself and it’s virtually free and I don’t have to rely on anybody to get it from.

So I have some plants where the trichomes are mostly cloudy and I have been making oil trying to test if they are ready to harvest but my problem is that instead of getting the nice pleasant relaxing euphoric feeling I used to get when I used to smoke now taking cannabis with extra-virgin olive oil makes me feel anxious, tense and I literally sit around with my muscles tense and I just can’t relax. It’s a physical feeling not mental and honestly it feels like taking amphetamines.

I was hoping I was getting this feeling because the plants weren’t ready yet but the more mature they get doesn’t seem to make a difference and I even have a high CBD strain that I tried tonight and I feel just as stressed. I was reading online that when you eat cannabis oil as opposed to smoking it like I used to when your liver metabolizes the THC it turns into 11-hydroxy-THC so basically you are getting a different form of the drug when you eat it as opposed to smoke it and I wonder if that is my problem?

I don’t want to smoke so I don’t even want to experiment to see if that is the problem so can anybody tell me if they get a completely different high from eating cannabis as opposed to smoking it and especially if they feel stressed and anxious from eating it?
Well...sativa strains are more likely to cause anxiety even when left to go amber. Indica strains tend more to a body stone, and when left to go amber will often make staying awake difficult.

In the old days weed had more CBD in it generally which tempers the anxiety-producing effects of THC, but CBD was bred out over the years. You can now get strains that are 1:1 THC:CBD which may better mirror the old days.

If you want to grow a high CBD strain to replace the CBD oil you've been buying (which is what I'm doing now), I would go with something like Candida or Master Hemp, which have virtually no THC in them at all. I'm not all that familiar with Master Hemp (which was just released last month) but I do know there are two different phenotypes (or subsets) of Candida. Some seeds will be indica and some will be sativa. If you are sensitive to the sativas generally, I would grow a few Candida seeds, and when you find the indica strain, clone that and keep one or two going all the time in your tent.

Does that help?

Well...sativa strains are more likely to cause anxiety even when left to go amber. Indica strains tend more to a body stone, and when left to go amber will often make staying awake difficult.

In the old days weed had more CBD in it generally which tempers the anxiety-producing effects of THC, but CBD was bred out over the years. You can now get strains that are 1:1 THC:CBD which may better mirror the old days.

If you want to grow a high CBD strain to replace the CBD oil you've been buying (which is what I'm doing now), I would go with something like Candida or Master Hemp, which have virtually no THC in them at all. I'm not all that familiar with Master Hemp (which was just released last month) but I do know there are two different phenotypes (or subsets) of Candida. Some seeds will be indica and some will be sativa. If you are sensitive to the sativas generally, I would grow a few Candida seeds, and when you find the indica strain, clone that and keep one or two going all the time in your tent.

Does that help?

The high CBD strain I tried out tonight is a Sativa so maybe that’s why it wasn’t relaxing. But that doesn’t explain why my Northern Lights stresses me out being an Indica? It is good to know though that if an Indica is left to go to Amber it will make it difficult to stay awake because the older I get a harder it is to get a good night’s sleep and I have been sleeping like a baby the nights I have been taking oil despite how stressed I feel, LOL. So I will let some get good and amber.

I also appreciate the information about growing strains with virtually no THC and I may very well end up doing that but I was looking forward to spending some evenings just getting high on oil but the way I react to it it doesn’t look like that will be happening. So yes it was helpful and thanks Shed.

Some find the "high" produced by CBD alone to be very relaxing, and I'm sure @Preston9mm and @newty will share their recent experience with that since they both just harvested Candidas.

You can also blend oils of different strains into a mix to get different ratios (I have a spreadsheet that calculates it for you if you go down that road), or even roll a joint or pack a bowl of a mix of plants to create your own customized high.

And when the anxiety hits, CBD oil or peppercorns (smelled and chewed) will tamper that feeling.

Some find the "high" produced by CBD alone to be very relaxing, and I'm sure @Preston9mm and @newty will share their recent experience with that since they both just harvested Candidas.

You can also blend oils of different strains into a mix to get different ratios (I have a spreadsheet that calculates it for you if you go down that road), or even roll a joint or pack a bowl of a mix of plants to create your own customized high.

And when the anxiety hits, CBD oil or peppercorns (smelled and chewed) will tamper that feeling.

Actually, that’s kind of why I have lost hope tonight because people have told me and I have read that CBD tempers the effect of THC and is very relaxing so to have my CBD strain affect me exactly the same makes me think it’s either me or eating it or both. And yes that’s why I posted in this thread because I know there are a lot of experienced cooks and I’m curious about their opinions.

I appreciate the information about mixing and I will have to think about that once I harvest but my problem is I really don’t want to smoke. I was pretty chronic for about a decade and a half when I was younger and working in dusty factories like steel mills and coal-fired generating plants or refineries I just don’t want to put my lungs through that now.

And yes I have been told about the peppercorn thing and I am going shopping tomorrow so I will try to remember to pick some up.

I grew out some CBD Therapy by CBD Crew. Amazing plant, long tight colas, dense as all get out... smoke it, eat it, dont matter. Even keel on the attitude, just chill. Not stoney at all, no high. Not sure bout the topicals.

Back
Top Bottom