Critical Mass and the Scientific Method

The Clones...

Transplanted most of the clones from the bubbler to soil. Made up a ridiculous veg chamber, temporary for sure. Bud development in the flower room is going okay I guess. Still battling deficiency so I will flush the plants tomorrow (4-20) and see if that helps. That's it for now, more details in the vid...

YouTube - The Clones...

Pics...

Clone roots right before transplant...
DSC_0005_7.jpg

DSC_0006_8.jpg

Flowering room...
DSC_0007_6.jpg

DSC_0009_3.jpg

DSC_0012_2.jpg

DSC_0011_6.jpg

Clones...
DSC_0013_3.jpg

That's it for now folks as always any comments or questions are welcome...

Hey kine,your plants are looking good, i had a hella've time with mine till i got a ph pen(have also got a tds/ec meter.i believe my main problem was lack of a good ph meter.with the help of southern weed, i think i'll have a decent harvest.

Your clones look great.i have five (3 in soil,2 in a bubbler),i "f'ed up and took them to far into flower,but after a month they are finally looking pretty good.looks like your on the right track.++reps to ya,THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY JOURNAL

MH and HH thanks for checkin in,

It's late and I'm tired so this update will be quick. My ph pen (Milwaukee ph600) came today so I figured it was time to do a quick runoff check on my plants. This quick check somehow turned into a 3 hour flush session. I used ph 6.1 tap water to flush the plants (2 gal each) and the runoff came back between 6.3 and 6.4. I'm not sure what this means for the actual soil ph, I'm guessing around 6.6-6.8 but any expertise on the subject would be appreciated. Since I had the girls out of the room I figured I would do the lineup photos again to give folks an idea where the individual plants are at. Anyway here they are...

DSC_0015_3.jpg

DSC_0018_2.jpg

DSC_0021_2.jpg

DSC_0022_1.jpg

DSC_0023_1.jpg

DSC_0025_1.jpg

DSC_0027_1.jpg

DSC_0028_1.jpg

DSC_0030_.jpg

DSC_0031_.jpg

DSC_0032_.jpg

DSC_0033_.jpg

As always all comments are welcome...

"I'm still torn on this, open to suggestions. HD what kind of yield can one reasonably expect with one 600w bulb? Anyone who has an opinion on this please feel free to post away."

A great grow my friend; here is something you may find interesting:
Sunpulse Lamps:

3k: Sun pulse has this lamp richer in the blues as well as rich in the reds. See the difference a Sun Pulse 3K makes with UV light and a broader color range than HSP lamps.

PULSE START METAL HALIDE

Worlds First Digital Lamp for Digital Ballasts
"Very High Frequency Light-Emitting Plasma Lamps" (VHF-LEPL) since 1999
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF ADVANCED LAMP TECHNOLOGY!

Sun Pulse makes the the only Digital Lamps for certified HID Electronic & Digital Electronic Ballasts. Sun Pulse Lamps are made with US intellectual properties and the highest quality, globally sourced components.

Sun Pulse Lamps are also specifically designed for people, pets, plants, fish, and anywhere you need high quality light. Sun Pulse offers a wide varity of lamps for use in horticultural, aquarium, residential and commerical applications.

FAQ
Q. What is a K?
A. When we mention a 3K, 6.4K or 10K lamp, the K refers to the Kelvin color temperature of the lamp. A red lamp has warmer colors, and a bluer lamp has cooler colors on the scale (2 is reddish, and 10 is bluish, for example.)

Q. What's a Pulse Start Metal Halide?
A. Pulse start metal halides are the next generation of halide lamps. The traditional lamps are called “probe-start” metal halides. Probe and Pulse just refer to the method of the starting sequence for the arc stream as it passes through the arc tube to make the plasma.

Q. Why are there four different colours?
A. There’s a lot of photobiology, plant science, light science and gas chemistry that really answers that question. In short, it depends on the application. We make the different Kelvin colors in a similar way that nutrient recipes are different. We need certain fertilizers at certain stages of plant development, and now there are different colors of lamps that can be used at certain stages to enhance plant development.

These bulbs are metal halide and burn cooler than HPS, and different bulbs are use for various stages of growth.
all the best

Plants are now exactly 1 month into flower and the buds are growing fuller by the day. Everywhere I've read says that weeks 4-6 are the time when the speed of budding is the greatest and it's true. Everyday I look in the room I can tell a difference. Vertical growth seems to have stopped (thank God), and the nute deficiency seems to have been worked out. I think it was a ph issue as my runoff from my flush was pretty high. Anywhere here are a couple of pics I took after tonight's feeding.

Garden shot...
DSC_0034_.jpg

I played with the white balance and got a pretty cool shot I think...
DSC_0035_.jpg

Yeah those are really nice buds bro. I love this stage, is a joy to watch them swell and get beautiful with bud.

:peace: brother, keep up the great work on your garden.

Hey AB and MH thanks for checking in,

The first shot is nothing special I just shot in RAW format and adjusted the white balance in Photoshop to show up as pure white. You do this by using the white balance selector tool in camera raw and pick a medium gray area, usually a shadow on the white plastic. This adjusts the stupid orange cast from the HPS light to a pure white light that lets the rest of the colors in the image reproduce naturally. The second image was an accident. When selecting a shadow for the white balance I accidentally clicked on a piece of a fan leaf which gave the picture a purple cast. I was going to reselect the white point but I just kept staring at the picture with the purple and thought it was really cool looking so it stayed.

Enough for now I have to go to bed. Big changes for the grow tomorrow that I think you guys are gonna like. Until next time...

Hiya-

Just read your entire journal. Enjoying it very much. Hope you don't mind, but I'll throw in a few thoughts on your plants.

First - they are looking great! Be careful making any big changes.

Second - going back through the pics I think you have actually two/three little problems all related.

At the beginning I think that was a N deficiency and probably some over watering. Near the middle I was seeing some P and K deficiency. And there might be some pH burn in there as well. I think you're right on your guestimate of soil pH. And 6.2 is where I like to be. As you said - if you've been at 6.8 then that would account for the pH burn.

IMHO for your current plants I would not change much. I would increase the nutrient strength just a little and water a little less frequently. I would let that soil get all but dry in between waterings.

I don't think you'll see too much of the same thing in the next group, now that you are testing. I like about 6.2 for my nutes in soil. And I prefer to err on the low side a smidge. 5.7 in hydro.

Last thought. 5000BTUs of AC might be close unless you duct the light. A 1K light and ballast = 4000BTUs. Depending on where you put the ballast and ambient temps and whatnot you might be fine. But just a word of caution to keep your eye on it the first few days you set it up.

You got a great grow going!!!! Thanks for sharing it!

:nicethread::bravo:

:rollit::peace:

Hey Papa thanks for checking in,

Ive checked out your stuff and all of your grows are really well done. I would post sometime but as a new grower it's sometimes hard to have anything relevant to add to the conversation. I think you are spot on with your observations. BTW my AC is 8000 BTU and it works like a champ. I run it in power saver mode and it still keeps the temps less than 80. As for the changes I am making they will be explained in the video. As always all comments are welcome...

YouTube - New Toy

Lookin good Bro...........Looks like your a few weeks behind mine see you Friday..Lights off today until we cut them on Friday night.......Lucy 698

They look beautiful. What did you do to correct, specifically?

Hey AB and MH thanks for checking in,

The first shot is nothing special I just shot in RAW format and adjusted the...[snip]

:rofl:

I re-read the above question and response just now by pure chance (stoned and trying to figure out where I was) and I almost choked!

It took me two days to realize I asked how you had corrected the soil pH, but because I was vague, you understandably explained how you corrected the white balance in the photos. I read your reply right after you made it. I re-read it yesterday, for the photo info.

Two days.

I guess I've been high. :grinjoint:

:peace:

That's really funny,

I guess I wanted you to be talking about the pictures cuz I know how I corrected them but I don't know how (or if) I fixed the ph. Really it was just a matter of not being able to test properly as all I had was those ph drop things. Now that I have an actual meter I can be more precise with these things. Anyway another long day of working on grow stuff. This is starting to become like a real job, I don't mind though I like this job. Anyway lots of new stuff explained in the video.

As always all comments are welcome...

Oh I forgot to mention that I killed a plant today, explained in the video. The reason I mention it now is that after trimming the plant I rolled a tiny ball of scissor hash and smoked it. I got a light buzz which was nice but the act was more symbolic as this was the first time I had smoked my own. Felt pretty good ( psychoactive effects and otherwise).

Re: HD Video Test

I bought a new camera today with HD video capability. I might take it back, not sure if I'm happy with the quality. Let me know what you think.

Plants look nice. Video is hard to tell on web an under HPS lights, but I don't see any flickering and that's nice. And the pics seem clear.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom