Critical Mass and the Scientific Method

sup dude? room looks great! couple things.... if you think you have a mag def. use cal-mag. that stuff should already be part of your feeding program. second thing i see is leaf canoeing. when the edges of your leaves curl inward its too hot in there. i dont see a thermometer. you need to have a thermo/hygrometer to monitor heat/humidity.

Day 32, Last Day of Veg

Just a quick update of what's going on here. Tonight the plants will get their first taste of 12/12. I'm ready to get these plants sexed (in a non creepy way) and get the males out. Today I finally got the AC up and running so the grow room is basically complete, at least until I get the money for my 1kw hps. Anyway the tallest plant is now 26 inches so these things are going to turn into monsters. I'm actually hoping for at least 50/50 males cuz I'm not gonna have room for all these plants at the end. I would have started 12/12 a lot sooner but I needed to get the room complete and up and running. First major mistake I have made and new rule for all future growing: Have the grow room built before you actually start growing!. Other than that things seem to be going well. I'm still battling some nute difficiency but the plants have responded well since transplant. They got their first dose of bloom nutes (tiger bloom) at transplant mixed 50/50 with veg nutes. Growth of secondary shoots seems to have increased rapidly an I have witnessed virtually zero transplant shock. That's it for now, on with the pics...

DSC_0002_2.jpg

DSC_0001_3.jpg

DSC_0011_1.jpg

DSC_0003_5.jpg

DSC_0005_3.jpg

DSC_0006_3.jpg

DSC_0008_2.jpg

DSC_0009_1.jpg

DSC_0010_2.jpg

Sorry brother, I read alot of journals, I do drop by everytime I see it on the front page and see how things are going.

It looks to be going pretty well, looks like maybe a potassium deficiency? Check your runoff ph of your soil. Otherwise she is really hungry, seems a little early for being that hungry though. I am guessing soil drifted low maybe.

Hope grow support drops by, if not PM them. They love helping bro.

:peace:

Re: Day 32, Last Day of Veg

First major mistake I have made and new rule for all future growing: Have the grow room built before you actually start growing!.

That is something I too would recommend to all. I have done it myself and in the short time I've been on this forum I've seen several others do it to. You won't be ready in time. Build it all first. ;)

The room looks great! :bravo: :cheer:

Those look like pre-flowers to me. Those don't look like pistils. Are those what you see in the video?

:peace:

Here are some new pics to show the preflowers along with some pics of deficient fan leaves. The plants seem to have responded well to the Cal-Mag foliar feeding yesterday. From what I've read secondary nutrient deficiencies are a common problem with the Faxfarm nutes - Pro-mix combination. Oh well, the plants will get a dose of Cal-Mag in the upcoming feeding which will hopefully get me straightened out going forward. Pic time...

DSC_0001_4.jpg

DSC_0002_3.jpg

DSC_0004_4.jpg

DSC_0006_4.jpg

DSC_0007_2.jpg

DSC_0005_4.jpg

I really like how that last photo turned out. As always guys all comments are welcome.

Update time. The video is pretty unwatchable due to the new light causing lots of flicker in my crappy cell phone camera. I took a few pictures as well.

Also it appears that I only ended up with two males out of twelve seedlings. The males were euthanized in a humane manner. I now have ten plants to bring to maturity which is way too many. I have a friend who has the room to flower them but they are now so large that it would be difficult to move them discreetly. Anyway take a look and let me know what you think.

YouTube - New Light for Flowering

Room minus males plus new light.
DSC_0004_6.jpg

Shot from above.
DSC_0007_3.jpg

Any ideas what's causing this.
DSC_0009_2.jpg

DSC_0011_2.jpg

Ab thanks for checking in and keeping me company. The plants are now way too big too transport so at least two will have to get the chop here pretty soon. Right now they're so evenly matched that it's hard to pick the ones to go. I'll give it another week to make my decision.

Anyway I got a lot of housekeeping in the room done today. Most of which is stuff that should have been done a long time ago but you know how it is. Tasks completed include numbering the plants (finally), taking the rest of the clones to join my test clone, and doing some lower pruning. Time for pics...

The lineup, that's a yardstick leaning against the wall for size reference.
DSC_0002_5.jpg

DSC_0004_7.jpg

DSC_0005_6.jpg

DSC_0006_6.jpg

DSC_0007_4.jpg

DSC_0008_3.jpg

DSC_0010_3.jpg

DSC_0011_3.jpg

DSC_0012_.jpg

DSC_0013_2.jpg

DSC_0014_3.jpg

DSC_0015_2.jpg

Picture of clones. Original test clone is #1, corresponds with plant #1.
DSC_0017_1.jpg

Test clone roots...
DSC_0019_.jpg

The room way to full...
DSC_0020_1.jpg

DSC_0021_1.jpg

Pruning...
DSC_0024_1.jpg

That's it for now time for sleep. As always any questions or comments are welcome.

1kw

Today felt like Christmas a little bit, except I already knew what was in the boxes and had to pay for them myself.

DSC_0001_7.jpg

That's right, I made the upgrade to the 1000w watt HPS with a hortilux bulb. Hood is a Sun System Yield Master II that I am running unvented with the glass off for now. I also added a 16" wall mounted oscillating fan which was way overdue as I was using just the fan on the AC for circulation when the room is sealed up. Temperatures believe it or not seem to have gone down. I guess the ballasts built into the two small lights were creating more heat than I thought. Right now temps are approx 80 degrees at the canopy height. The plants were fed tonight with week 3 foxfarm schedule plus 1 tsp/gal cal-mag. Finally as I am already running out of vertical space and the plants show no signs of stopping the stretch I had to supercrop the plants. I have maybe another 6-8" of space that the plants can grow for the remainder of the grow. That's enough for now, time for pics...

New ballast...
DSC_0002_7.jpg

Hood and fan...
DSC_0006_7.jpg

View from inside the room. Very creepy, kinda like the last room your in right before Dexter kills you...
DSC_0007_5.jpg

Plants waiting in the garage...
DSC_0010_4.jpg

After the supercrop...
DSC_0011_5.jpg

DSC_0012_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom