Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Update

Re: Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Up

Ok, so you have more room than it looks like in there!! Nice. Looks good and those ICE KUSH are really growing nicely! I might have to give that strain a try.

I`ll write a detailled smoke report when everything is finished off. I´m thinking about taking clones of Ice Kush #1 because of her very strong and fast paced growth

Re: Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Up

I`ll write a detailled smoke report when everything is finished off. I´m thinking about taking clones of Ice Kush #1 because of her very strong and fast paced growth

She is looking really strong brother....I would definitely consider cloning her! I just bought a small 2'x2'x4' tent to be able to clone and start vegging any keepers or new seeds I come across. Still gotta get an inline fan and carbon filter for it though.

She is looking really strong brother....I would definitely consider cloning her! I just bought a small 2'x2'x4' tent to be able to clone and start vegging any keepers or new seeds I come across. Still gotta get an inline fan and carbon filter for it though.

If it´s only for Veg, why buy a Carbon filter? Smell should be minimal. For Heat extraction, just open one hole at the bottom right and one at the top left per example. Physics should then move away they heat by its own. You don´t need a powerful lighting either, as you can see in this Journal. Give it a try Brother! As I know from following your Grow, your Ladys are absolutely ready to take clones from.
In case of emergency, you can build grow boxes from absolutely everything. As I am on the budget nearly all the time cause I don´t want to sell anything i´m growing, i do know this for shure. You can easily setup a 3 way garden if you allready own two Tents. Use one vor getting the clones ready, one for veg, one for flower. Harvest more often in this Way. If you do it this way, you can begin now, and upgrade your Setup later.

If it´s only for Veg, why buy a Carbon filter? Smell should be minimal. For Heat extraction, just open one hole at the bottom right and one at the top left per example. Physics should then move away they heat by its own. You don´t need a powerful lighting either, as you can see in this Journal. Give it a try Brother! As I know from following your Grow, your Ladys are absolutely ready to take clones from.
In case of emergency, you can build grow boxes from absolutely everything. As I am on the budget nearly all the time cause I don´t want to sell anything i´m growing, i do know this for shure. You can easily setup a 3 way garden if you allready own two Tents. Use one vor getting the clones ready, one for veg, one for flower. Harvest more often in this Way. If you do it this way, you can begin now, and upgrade your Setup later.

Cause I live in a duplex and I don't want my landlord/neighbor to get any smell from it. They are awesome landlords and even though I am legal in my state now, I don't want to give them any reason to want us out of the house. So for me, a fan and a carbon filter is a small price to pay for ensuring they don't smell anything.

Plus I might use it for early veg if I have a crop in flower. So it will probably see a bit more use than just clones.

Cause I live in a duplex and I don't want my landlord/neighbor to get any smell from it. They are awesome landlords and even though I am legal in my state now, I don't want to give them any reason to want us out of the house. So for me, a fan and a carbon filter is a small price to pay for ensuring they don't smell anything.

True, never mess with people who are just nice to you.

Day 31

Temp: 19,1-25,0°C, 66,4-77°F
Humidity: 56-62%

Today there was more work to do. I had to get my LAdys in Shape with some LST, water them except one with different amounts of feeding, and there was some defoliation needed aswell. But, first things first, this is them a minute after their wake up time, before i did anything to them.

d31_early.jpg

Cream Caramel #1

Size: 14,5 cm
Bulb Distance: 25 cm
Watering: 2000 ml
Feeding: 0,625 ml/l TNT Complex, 2,5 ml/l Root Complex, 1 drop Supervit at 5000 ml
Training: defoliation
other: found another Fungus Gnat, slightly better appeal, faster growth

Before defoliation
cc1_31.jpg

After defoliation
cc1_31_3_.jpg

Cream Caramel #2

Size: 15 cm
Feeding: 1,25 ml/l TNT Complex, 2,5 ml/l Root Complex, 1 drop Supervit at 5000 ml
Training: LST, defoliation
other: none

Before LST and defoliation
cc2_31.jpg

After LST and defoliation
cc2_31_2_.jpg

Ice Kush #1

Size: 17 cm
Watering: none
Feeding: none

ik1_31.jpg

ik1_31_2_.jpg

Ice Kush #2

Size: 16 cm
Feeding: 1,25 ml/l TNT Complex, 2,5 ml/l Root Complex, 1 drop Supervit at 5000 ml

ik2_31.jpg

ik2_31_2_.jpg

After todays workover:
d31_early_2_.jpg

Bulb adjusted to arround 25 cm (9,8")
d31_early_4_.jpg

Hey man! Sorry its taken so long to stop by. For some reason on the 420mag app i cant see signatures anymore and dont often go on my laptop browser. But im here now. Keen to check this out. Your harvests have been impressive for sure and only under a 250, lovely stuff!
All the best from here on out!

Croc, just curious....what are you generally pulling on your gram to watt ratio? Wasn't something I was generally too curious about but I read a thread on it the other day and it has me a bit curious.

Croc, just curious....what are you generally pulling on your gram to watt ratio? Wasn't something I was generally too curious about but I read a thread on it the other day and it has me a bit curious.

It´s hard to tell in general, i finished off only 1 and a half grows right now. First grow was 115g (4,1oz) Dark Devil Auto and 96g (3,4oz) of Blue Dream Auto, 211g (7,4oz) in total. This means a gramm to watt ratio of 0,84:1

the other half grow was a Dark Devil Auto, dryweight was 116g in total. She was particular harvested because of space issues. Here are some Pics of her
IMG_20170426_125617014.jpg
IMG_20170426_131828166.jpg

her Trichromes
IMG_20170426_125858737.jpg

In an earlier stage of her Life
IMG_20170420_130816900_1_.jpg

The other half of my 2nd grow, another Dark Devil Auto and a Blue Dream Auto is still going.

DDA
IMG_20170501_171454515.jpg
IMG_20170501_171705844.jpg
IMG_20170501_171553981.jpg

BDA
IMG_20170501_210324265.jpg
IMG_20170501_210355038.jpg
IMG_20170501_210412219.jpg

Ok cool....thanks. I am far more focused on the growing experience and learning as much as I can on this grow than I am on the yield. I figure if I can get a good grasp on what to do, when to do it, and how to do it........the results will eventually come.

I like that Dark Devil by the way!!! She is a pretty girl!

Yes and very easy to grow. And of course, you´re right. Your way is the best way to achieve these kind of results. Spending endless time in reading, gathering information, thinking twice about every decision. But this way works!

I love all the different ideas and options and techniques out there, and how different they are from strain to strain and grow medium to grow medium. So much to learn.....I love it brother!!

Might I ask you what's the difference between the spiked "air pots" and the cloth fibre planter pots?

I've not purchased soil, lighting, nutrients, planter pots, oh! Not to forget a tent and someone mentioned carbon filter. I've no clue what else I will be needing. I'm learning As I continue to read from you and others.

I was fascinated with this particular post as I've not seen nor heard of the clay things you have on the bottom of the planter pots. Your journal is absolutely fascinating! .

Thank you so very much for showing what a proper very well detailed journal should be like.

Bubbi
. . . . .

I love all the different ideas and options and techniques out there, and how different they are from strain to strain and grow medium to grow medium. So much to learn.....I love it brother!!

It has become a true passion for me too :love:

Might I ask you what's the difference between the spiked "air pots" and the cloth fibre planter pots?

I've not purchased soil, lighting, nutrients, planter pots, oh! Not to forget a tent and someone mentioned carbon filter. I've no clue what else I will be needing. I'm learning As I continue to read from you and others.

I was fascinated with this particular post as I've not seen nor heard of the clay things you have on the bottom of the planter pots. Your journal is absolutely fascinating! .

Thank you so very much for showing what a proper very well detailed journal should be like.

Bubbi
. . . . .

Welcome to this Journey Bubbi, indeed this is exactly the reason why i keep it at this level of detail, to make my grow understandable, and at least to some point, reproducable for others and myself. It´s also a good documentary for myself and it will be a good walktrough of everydays life for those Ladys. I´m glad to have you here, enjoy your stay! :circle-of-love:

Day 32

Temp: 19,4-23,5°C, 66,9-74,3°F
Humidity: 52-60%

Critical Day for me today. I got some Fungus Gnats to deal with, and i don´t want to deal with them twice. So, what to do? First, gather Information about what Fungus Gnats exactly are. These are little Black flies who lay eggs in the upper layer of your Medium. Once the eggs crack, their Larves starting to eat your roots, causing secondary issues like Root rot etc. They can even kill very young Plants. Best choice seems to be a Neem-oil based product, so i bought a product of Bayer, Bio-Neemoil pest free. There are lots of other Neem-based Products out there, but i wanted something ready to use, something approved and 100% working. Neem is an Oil, unsolutable in Water. So need something like soap to solute it in Water. This is not necessary with this Product. It can be Foliar sprayed or directly in your soil via Watering. I did booth and here is how:

First, Foliar spraying to all Plants (3ml/l), this Picture was taken about 15 Minutes later.
IMG_20170502_171338535.jpg

another 15 Minutes Later, Watering with a solution of 10ml/l
IMG_20170502_172605429.jpg

The reasons for doing booth, watering and foliar spraying where simple in my eyes. Neem is a biological Product that does no damage to your Plants, when used right. As my Ladys are in Veg, they should recover fine even when there is some damage done to her Leaves. I do except stunted growth dou to a lack of Nutrients in their Soil and due to some Shock. But we will see in the upcoming Days. Before i forget, i raised the Buld to a Distance of 100 cm to prevent Light Burn after Foliar Spray.

Cream Caramel #1

Bulb Distance: 100 cm
Watering: 1500 ml
Training: none
other: Pest Control against Fungus Gnats via Bayer Bio-Neem-Oil, Foliar Spray 3ml/l, watering 10ml/l
cc1_32.jpg

Cream Caramel #2

Size: 16,5 cm
other: Pest Control against Fungus Gnats via Bayer Bio-Neem-Oil, Foliar Spray 3ml/l, watering 10ml/l
cc2_32.jpg

Ice Kush #1

Size: 19,5 cm
ik1_32.jpg

Ice Kush #2

ik2_32.jpg

How often do you spray with the Neem? I have some but haven't used any yet as I have only found one little bug in my tent stuck to the yellow sticky things.

How often do you spray with the Neem? I have some but haven't used any yet as I have only found one little bug in my tent stuck to the yellow sticky things.

I will spray only once, i don´t have any Bugs or Mites that affects Leaves. It was more like a preventive Strike to get sure i will have no more Problems. I´m a little afraid how my Ladys will react to this treatment, specially with watering,

While we talk about watering, i had an Idea because of a question in Skoons Journal.Watering this can be an issue with Scrog grows, making it hard to reach every single Pot. So I thought about a cheap solution, went to the home depot and came out with this installation :)

First connect a funnal to 1/2" tube. Caulk it with some silicone to make the connection Water proof.
trichter.jpg

Connect this tube to a Multi-Way-Valve, in this case a 4-Way because i have 4 Pots
4-wege_ventil.jpg

Connect 4 tubes to that Valve, i tied them to my Scrog´s edges
pipes8.jpg

Every Tube then ends in one of your Pots
pipe_end.jpg

This gives me the possibility to Feed or Water each Plant individually. Feel free to copy if this could be useful :love:

Finally, i lowered my Bulb again, no more Water was left on the leafs
IMG_20170502_200407469.jpg

Interesting because I have been trying to think how I want to make watering easier on my 5 girls when I put them in their scrogs. Right now its still easy, I pull them bitches out, bring them downstairs, water and train and clean them and then bring them back upstairs and put them back under the lights. I know its going to be a pain in the butt when i can't bring them out from under the Scrog.

My first thought was to come us with some sort of bottle with a small diameter hose that is a few feet long and just use it like a funnel. You idea gives me a bit more to consider.

Back
Top Bottom