Crop King Seeds - White Widow Grow Journal - DWC - SCROG

Botani

DWC Scrog Feminized White Widow​

-Grow Room 4 feet wide 4 feet long 8 feet high
-Room temp kept at 22-26 celcius with 40-50% humidity
-Will be using Dutch Nutrient Formula A and B two part nutrient formula. Full strength feedings will consist of 5ml of A and 5ml of B per litre of water. Since I am using 38 litre containers for my reservoirs I will be required to add 190ml of A and 190ml of B for full strength feedings.
-Also will be using Hydroguard a root protector which is designed to decompose organic matter and may convert it to nutrients that can be absorbed directly by the plants roots.
-pH water / nutes to 5.8ph
-Mylar covered walls
-Lighting will be brought to you by dual open air concept :D 400w hps lamps with reflectors. 18/6 schedule starting from 5am to 11pm
-Each reservoir contains a dual Ecoplus Ecoair 2 air pump with air stones

Delayed Journal by a few weeks!

April 27 - 10white widow seeds arrived and directly put into germination!
May 2 - 7 out of 10 cracked and placed in pH'ed rockwool cubes
May 9 - Seedlings put in 38l dwc hydro system 4 plants in 1 tub and 3 in the other. Gave a very very gentle light feeding.
May 16 - Changed out reservoir and refreshed nutes adding a little more this time. Also topped / pinched all 7 of the white widow princesses
May 23 - Things moving along smoothly changed reservoir with full strength feeding
May 30 - Changed reservoir and refreshed nutes full strength. Also added around 14ml of hydroguard.

grow1_.jpg
grow147.jpg
grow1b.jpg
grow1a.jpg
grow1d.jpg

The distance between the top of my reservoir to the scrog screen was 14 inches so I decided to jack it up by cutting the skid in 1/2 and put it on top of each other making the new distance to 10 inches. They say 8-12 inches is the perfect height due to room to move underneath etc... plus since this is my 1st scrog I was anxious to get the plants moving sooner than later.

also having that extra height will just make things a smudge quicker when manually syphoning off the reservoir.

IMG-20160603-01250.jpg

since last check in on Friday the 3rd of june the princesses grew by around 4-6 inchs above the scrog net.

- today changed nutrients (7 days since last changed) full strength feeding.
- also worked on the scrog by starting the horizontal growth and positioning of stems.

IMG-20160606-01259.jpg
IMG-20160611-01286.jpg

well its now been 33 days since the seedlings showed root and were put into the dwc system. just uploading a few more progress pics. will be doing a nutrient change in 2 more days.

had to do a small flush the other day 3 of the plants where experiencing a salt build up on stems. grower error I misjudged my fillage and had the reservoir filled right up into the medium. plants are still vigorously growing and looking good.

the scrogging is moving along well we have many many lateral branches just bursting off the main stem in turn waiting for themselves to become tops :D
net is around 60% ish full I know most people wait until 70-80% I don't know where I will be but I'm hoping to push for a 55-ish day veg for a lil better yield plus I do have tons of room to extend if needed. the grow room is 4x4x8 but the whole (planetarium) :) itself is around 12x15x8 so room is not really a issue.

IMG-20160613-01293.jpg
IMG-20160611-01287.jpg

just finished a bit more training my scrog net is loaded!! I accidentally cracked 2 shoots so I just zip slash dive duck dip and made 2 clones with them.
I gave another feeding around 100ml of a and 100ml of b due to the salt buildup from 2 feedings ago. I need to flower now I am running out of room but I will wait another 7-10 days to finish this gro nutrient before I swap over to 12/12 with bloom nutes.

the pic is of the undergrowth which I will be clearing out this week and saving each and every available clone to put outside with my current other 71 white widow clones. I also have 20 of the same white widow from the budding plant not taken root yet but they are still in the humidity dome.

IMG-20160613-01297.jpg

- decided that it was time to lollipop to get some better air flow and so that the light can hit more of the shoots / bud locations. by doing so I allowed for more veg time via having more room for more shoots and for them to get bigger.

- from the lollipoppin I managed to get 54 clones from the 7 plants which I labeled and mark which plant they came from for future grows keeping the best one.

IMG-20160613-01299.jpg

**Thursday Night June 16**

flick of the switch 12/12 happened on June 16.

- the morning of june 17 I made a res top up it needed around a gallon and is taking about 1-3 gallons every 2 days.
- still working the scrog and will be for the next 7-10 days.

- day 2 of flowering 12/12 and I just put in the upper support screen for the scrog grow. I will continue to train / tuck but only the shoots that try to grow over the others. the training I will do for the next week or 2 will we only be to keep an even canopy.

- reservoirs were around 2/3 full so I topped with around 30% strength (70ml a and b) BLOOM. (1st bloom nute feeding)

IMG-20160618-013111.jpg
IMG-20160618-013101.jpg

Grower Feedback - I have grown many strains in the past. Everything from blueberry to og kush to juicy fruit to bc mango to northern lights to ak-47 and the list goes on. But this is my 1st grow ever using cropkingseeds.

Positives

-Great Website
-Awesome Looking Strains
-Best Looking White Widow genetics I have grow so far. (and I have grown white widow from the old cannabean.. bcseedking.. truenorth.. gorilla seeds and royal queen seeds.
-Shipping and Service A+++
-Packaging A+++

Negatives

-So far nothing!!

Future grows already being planned and will be using Crop King Seeds for sure! my grow journals will always be here and always be updated on a 1-2 day basis. I currently have 2 - 1000watt interchangeable dimmer hps / mh grow systems on the way for my future dwc grows and all of these grows will be scrogged!

I will also be expanding the grow room to around 8x8x8 or 10x10x8 once more light arrives and CropKingSeeds will be right here with me for your enjoyment!

thanks for the compliments and comments everyone. I grew a lot of different strains in the past soil hydro etc.. but this is my 1st time scrogging. I don't think I could grow any other way again lol
its so much more manageable and 100x more hands on.

I'm loving it

I agree scrogs are bad ass, but the only bad thing is if you are in a tent, it is very difficult to get to them.

And holy clone batman! You sir are about to have a truck load of weed lol. I'll just back my truck up to here and you can load some up for me lol. Looks like a great time!

I will be putting all those white widow clones outdoors. the place I am from the temps / weather is not the greatest for outdoor growing in the woods but I will do my best and for anyone interested I will add photos throughout the summer to this journal of their progress.

Back
Top Bottom