Curbcalamity's Cheese & Critical+ 2.0 CMH Drain-To-Waste 2020

Curbcalamity

Firstly. Sorry I'm from a country were we use metric. I have almost no idea how many CFM 1m³/h is or galleons and fluid ounces and so forth so you'll need to convert the values yourself.
***EDIT*** I went and converted all the values as i figured most of us would be to lazy to do it :p

any pointers from you guys are always appreciated, rather someone said something ands possibly upsets me then just sitting back silently not wanting to critisize. worst case is ill ignore your advice and and suffer the conseuences

sooooo........

Strain: 4x critical+ 2.0 & 2x cheese both hybrid Indica Dom both from seed (have next round started all blue widow will make a journal for them aswell once I harvest.

Stage: flower. 7-10 days or so. dont really pay attention to the flick as i just watchthe trichs. Veg time was about 6-8 weeks

Room size: 2.4m x 2.4m x 1.8m for 5.76m² (8' x 8' x 5' 9" 64 ft² - or 370cubic feet roughly) - height restrictions made me have to cut tent down to fit into the space.

Nuts: general hydro Flora trio (hard water micro) + their silicate powder (I'm not a fan of GHE but my go to nutrients aren't available here as they're from Australia) and Canna ph pro bloom the 59% phosphoric acid.

Nute strength: well varies. I started at 1.0EC when young and worked up to bout 1.8 by end of veg. Currently my bluelab truncheon is jumping around 1.6-1.8 EC or 900-1100 PPM

Water: so my starting water is shit. 300-400 PPM at Ph 7.0 (H4 on water hardness scale)

Water schedule: as needed. but usually around lights on untill enough run off occurs, if any ones needd extra i just do it by hand between

Reservoir: 225L or 60 galleon. Ph 6.0 (atleast still it starts to change as we all know it does) with 9L/min through 4 air stones to break surface tension. With average temp of 18c hardwater 300ppm starting value.no filteration.but H2O2

Substrate: 100% coco as was gonna hand water and difficultly due to my insane work schedule made me worried they would dry while I was away

Air movement: have the aircon venting up to approx 250m³/h (425CFM) and about 220m³/h (375 CFM) active intake.

Temp control: dehumidifying aircon @ 12,000BTUs asunable to vent much air (basement) so can't do normal exhaust method as the hot air would end up just being circulated.(i have one spot but only so much air i can force out that spot) but have 220m³/h (375CFM) going into the room with 2 small fans under my canopy and an oscillating fan above the air intake vent

Light schedule: veg 16/8 bloom 12/12

Lights: 4x 315W CMH but I want a 600w HPS in the middle for flower or just a fifth CMH (vertical nanolux fixtures and ballasts) with Phillips 3k globes this was start to finish although at first only had them under 1 light. lights are about 18-24" away.

Ave temp: day 25c (77 f) night 20c (68 f)

Av humidity: 40-50 depends as my aircon switches to dehumidifier mode when the set temp is reached.

Pests: rats they chewed into the tent and literally killed all 5 the day I flicked to flower. 50kg (110lb) of quick dry cement and then I THINK I have the problem under control but constant vigilance is required.

Grow style: drain to waste. topped at 5th node and scrog'd. some super cropping used toward end of veg on all the main branches to let side arms grow a bit. I basically only let branches coming off the Trunk to develop side Arms the biggest mistake i madew was only using the net and not actually tying the arms down at all

Few things
My space has high humidity to begin with, were talking 80% and a ambient temp of up to 27+c on a bad day. Also very limited options for fresh air or exhaust, am looking into running some co2 nxt time

I had a few issues which I caused such as didn't Ph correctly once and they had signs of potasium/magnesium deficiency, this also caused alot of leaf death and slowed veeg down alot. also one of them got a bit to dry started to look really sad. Also a bit of defoliation at incorrect times and quite a few things I'll do differently as far as LST goes but i think i just cost myself time and yield, probbably couldve acheived the same veg in less time but this is after all the first time im running a setup i designed and implimented entirely myself.

theres more photos in my media gallery of them but Ill take some newer ones those are a few days old now. but its late and I just got home from work

So had a few issues accidentally disconnecting drainage hoses came into 10 litres of water in the tent. But now I've got an automatic bilge pump so that has a float switch n watering automated since I realised I needed to have the same length watering lines for each plant or else it doesn't water evenly. Also I need a different friend in the tent for my net because it makes it too hard to get out the other day on the other side.

Girls are at 4 and a half weeks now they were flipped the 3/3/20 getting frosty as hell what update a few snaps when the lights back on

Question for you experienced gardeners out there how often do you water in a drain the waste. I'm currently running a pump it puts out 20l/min n I run for 3mins at all ights on.

Help I'm in a similar boat but only one plant is showing swollen calnyx's and pretty much just the ones at the nodes, they're turning purple as well. Not sure I have thoroughly checked and can't see a banana anywhere (some things that could be at the very tips but to immature to have pollinated. She's not getting denser either and I'm hoping it had more to do with when I treated the budrot cos I'd have expected to see atleast 1 other plant out of 6 to show atleast one site that got pollinated as well because I have an aircon plus 4 fans in the room. I cut one or 2 open but no others are showing any signs of something being wrong. Her pistills turned brown as well but that happened like during the dark after I sprayed her and lights on they were brown. So I'm assuming I just did her some harm when I killed the fungus (I used freebase nicotine in a non polar solvent solution at concentration of 10mg/ml (0.01g - 1g I believe that's 1% the non polar solvent meaning methanol. Before you ask there is heaps of research on nicotine as a pesticide and selective fungicide plus most ppl here mix with tobacco anyway plus all ingredients we're of pharmacutical grade and I don't think the vegetable glycerin hurt her unless it intensified the light as it leaves a tiny coating for bout 2 weeks)

some did have a tiny grain inside but so tiny I couldn't tell what it was. Should the calnyx's be completely hollow?
How small would a seed that turned brown be? Cos I found one brown thing bit bigger than a grain of sand but in comparison to the calnyx and photos above seems unlikely?
Also I haven't found any swollen calnyx's within the buds and even the buds I suspect are still producing new pistills?

Taking some snaps got my new camera now

Sorry for the long post just wanted to make sure any reluctant info was given hope someone can help!

soooo we got to the end, had a few issues, somewhere there mustve been banana cos using the magnifying glass i decided had to pull a bit early. in the end 778g dried and cured.
233g from 2 cheese and 545g from the critical + 2.0

I made oil out of the trim aswelkl

as youll notice some brown spots let me explain *sighs* So I was away for a night and my housemate said he checked on the garden but idoubt it cos when I got home a hose had come off the A/C and something was leaking water everywhere the RH was up at like 90% and temp was about 41C (usure what fahrenheit that is but way to damn hot) and i got an onset of bud rot. (botrytis cerea) so I did some digging and discovered nicotine in a non polar solvent should kill it. so I waited till stoamta were closed so a few hours then i got 70% methylated spirits and added 12.5mg/ml of freebase nicotine in PG (USP grade) designed for vape juice. I sprayed down the 2 plants infected and next day every spot that had obviously had fungus was brown and dead but like, sometimes oinly 1 side of the head. im mostly to blame i think for removing leaves in flowers to late and they rotted cos they couldnt fall off :( but yeah, nicotine in a non piolar solvent. killed it allright and didnt hurt my plants

Back
Top Bottom