Greenlizard Still Growing, Fresh Clones, CMH, 4X8, Multiple Methods Tested

Well the only reason I have so much extra room is because I upgraded tents mid grow. I went from a 4x4 to an 4x8 unexpectedly. A fantastic deal came along and I figured the larger space would help me deal with heat which it did so I set it up sooner than later. In the future I think I will go with 6 plants but still leave a little room to spare. Will see...
I have 5 clones now, trying to give one away to a nice home so I don’t have a space issue next time around.

I did 5 plants in a 4x4 on my first grow. It worked but, I got more weight my second grow with only 4 plants in the same space. I think you are making a good decision to part with one of the clones and go with 4 plants. It was a good decision for me.

looking good all around greenlizard and you too adaminCO
where were these grow tents 15 years ago? (haha) i remember lining a closet with white poly and stuffing in a 400W MH fixture and a fan. these things are cool...

Yes they sure make life easier.

Small update.
20190806_174050.jpg

Yesterday I decided to check for roots. Over half have started to show roots so things are going as planned. Fingers crossed they all look like this by the weekend so I can plant them into solo cups.

Small update.
20190806_174050.jpg

Yesterday I decided to check for roots. Over half have started to show roots so things are going as planned. Fingers crossed they all look like this by the weekend so I can plant them into solo cups.
Healthy looking.

Hi Opar, thanks for stopping by. One big plant is probably fun and simple but I think you would get more weight out of four smaller plants with some training on them. ScrOG is also a good option to maximize yield in smaller spaces.
Also it would be a much faster turn around if you did 4 plants instead of 1 due to much less veg time before flower.

Nice healthy roots Lizard ! Nice job with the clones.
You nailed it on the big plant question shorter veg time and gives you the flexibility of running a couple of plants as there can be quite a difference in pheno from seed to seed. Then you can clone the best pheno so you know exactly what your dealing with the next time around.

Just started watching, nice set up, and great looking roots growing in there, nice job! I was considering doing one big tree in my 4x4, but seeing your results may go with 4 plants to flower now.
1 big one in SCROG is more than enough fun. Lol. I just cut her out of hers because she got too big. Such a PITA to redo the supports.
1BD05521-310E-4ABD-BD7C-981A718E9E62.jpeg

Day 23 of 12/12.

So I had a busy weekend. Got all the clones planted into their own solo cups. Only 5 out of 26 didn't show roots yet. They are still kicking in the humidity dome for a little longer.
I watered in the newly planted clones with 1/2 strength nutes, and some super thrive. They are under four 4' foot T5's. Most of the veg will be done under these. I like T5 for it's close node spacing.
I haven't decided yet how many I will keep for flower. Right now I'm thinking I will do 6 medium plants. I'm also thinking about doing these in a quad line style.

The big girls in the flower tent are doing great. I have created monsters. I vegged too long I think. lol
I have grown in pots too large for my plants in the past and now I have found the other end of that spectrum lol. These pots are maxed out but still my plants aren't root bound. They need water every 2 days but that seems to be slowing down a little as stretch slows down. I will use this size pot again but veg will be shorter.
I released them from their training tie downs and staked them. First time staking but I have found I like the method.
I removed them one by one from the tent and pruned the lower leaves that were showing their age.
The Trainwreck was actually very bushy with big leaves so I had to prune a few of the big fan leaves out of the way of bud sites. The stakes allowed me to space out my main branches and this opened up the plants in a major way.
The only problem I ran into was that because I staked them outside the tent I didn't realize how big they really were until they were spread out. They ended up being too large for the tent. Width wise that is.
After about 30 - 40 minutes of twisting, tilting, shoving, and luck I finally got them to fit. lol.

I even found time to make 3 pounds of cannabutter along the way. That was a long ass day. :nomo:

20190811_115031.jpg
20190811_214132.jpg
20190811_214111.jpg
20190811_214056.jpg
20190811_214044.jpg
20190811_144356.jpg

You certainly were busy. That's a cool idea to use stakes for training I have used them for support late in flower but never for training should be interesting to see how it works for you. Nice healthy clones all looking very happy and a nice shade of green.

Plants looking good bud sites everywhere gonna be a good haul off those ladies.
Nice butter :) What do you plan on making with it?

Thanks. With the butter my wife makes it into chocolates.

Back
Top Bottom