Dale's Indoor Hempy - 400w COB - 6 Strain Attempt - 2017

Why thank you Dale. :battingeyelashes: The membership inspires me to keep up my pace...... yeah..... like I could be slowed down. :laughtwo:

I've grown the Med GOM, and I recommend it. That 2:1 ratio was the first time I saw my daughter anxiety-free in her 34 years. It's a tough one to get a big harvest out of, but then a little goes a long way.

With your mother the closer you can get to a balanced ratio to start the easier it'll be to adjust her sweet spot. It only takes a small amount of THC to the mix to make a significant difference. It's consistency of dose that we work for, and that's probably going to be easiest to do with an infused oil and capsules. That way you can start with a diluted mix and then gradually titrate up both major cannabinoids. The standard is rich in CBD and as much THC as the patient can handle comfortably.

When you get to that point we can work together to get it all pinned down. It can be intimidating, all this information. I've been studying this for almost two years now so I can cut the search time down for you. You have enough to deal with without having to mine for all that information. :battingeyelashes:

Right on, great stuff! I feel close to being able to take on making oil. Blue Mystic will be the test subject. Best info I could find was on the breeder website saying it is high cbd / medium thc. Discretion is a priority, so my concern right now is where, when, and how long will it take. Also, smell. All bridges that will be crossed as we arrive at them! A comforting feeling, reading your words. Thank you! I have many more to read .

Not with Osmo. Maybe with a liquid nutrient diet, tho I gave it up over the years.

Whew! I knew I'd found the right congregation. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I see what's happening here. You kids think I'm easy, and will quickly be convinced to go the Osmo+ route. Well, hehe.... You're probably right! Just that I have lots of ph perfect at the moment, better use it up.

Say hello .
420-magazine-mobile1783493709.jpg

Dare me to go 12/12?

I see what's happening here. You kids think I'm easy, and will quickly be convinced to go the Osmo+ route. Well, hehe.... You're probably right! Just that I have lots of ph perfect at the moment, better use it up.

Say hello .
420-magazine-mobile1783493709.jpg

Dare me to go 12/12?

Hello little one :love:

I tossed my last hempy into 12/12. Haven't done that in a while, and I was feeling frisky that day, kinda like you're feeling right now, eh? :laughtwo:

Quick update and a request for some expertise.

First, ye olde flippee
420-magazine-mobile1668669253.jpg

Second, what is Jamaican Dream suffering from? Undesirable ph, nute lock, cal and/or mag def?

My mars300 and 15w leds are not closer than 18in. Been feeding full strength AN ph perfect trio for over a week, every 2 days.

The first pic is from the plant's 3rd set - a mature fan leaf that started off looking rough.
420-magazine-mobile980555056.jpg

I tried to capture how this newer leaf is showing similar signs, but the phone-cam isn't helping. Near the tip I noticed brownish discoloration.
420-magazine-mobile1207807811.jpg

Then back under the blurp for a final "What the hell am I doing" shot.
420-magazine-mobile1618323641.jpg

Dale, I'm quite the novice with nutrients, and then I went to Osmo Plus and got even less informed :laughtwo: but could that be nothing more than nutrient splash? It's only those two leaves? I personally wouldn't be concerned until it showed up on another one. My expectation is always that the universe has my back so things will always work out for me, and in my world that plays out across the board. I lived a blessed life though. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'll be watching to hear what those who know more suggest.

Congrats on the flip. :high-five: Let the games begin. :slide:

If it were nutrient splash, you'd generally see splash looking marks on the leaves rather than entire leaves reacting to something as a whole. I know nutrient splash.... be careful with the runoff from your OsmoHempies.... it's pretty hot and will leave marks on leaves.

Back to the issue.... we remember you have crazy base water... so we need to keep that in mind. Are you supplementing with a CalMag product of some sort? I think you also mentioned flux in your res ph..... so give us the details on your res routine and levels.
It kind of looks like a classic calmag issue to my eye... but further info is required to get to the bottom of things.

If it were nutrient splash, you'd generally see splash looking marks on the leaves rather than entire leaves reacting to something as a whole. I know nutrient splash.... be careful with the runoff from your OsmoHempies.... it's pretty hot and will leave marks on leaves.

Back to the issue.... we remember you have crazy base water... so we need to keep that in mind. Are you supplementing with a CalMag product of some sort? I think you also mentioned flux in your res ph..... so give us the details on your res routine and levels.
It kind of looks like a classic calmag issue to my eye... but further info is required to get to the bottom of things.

Thanks for taking a look. Apologies for the delayed response.

I need a new ph pen. Attempted to calibrate mine... *swear words* So I'll talk strictly ppms for now.

You asked (long ago) what happens to ppms after water sits for a few days. I found it going from 706 to 650 after 3 days. That can't be bad.

I have not added cal/mag since moving from the DWC to hempy. Being my ppms are so high, and wanting to believe aqausauna's claim that the system filters "...selectively retain or replace healthy dissolved solids like calcium, magnesium, and potassium," I've been reluctant to add it. My instinct (which is in it's infancy) tells me it's locking out and not lacking. Again though, pure novice guess.

I am stubborn. I will likely let it ride with the aquasuana tap water and AN's ph perfect trio. JD's new growth always looks so nice, but as the leaves mature they're looking sick...

Pics forthcoming

Keep the rubber side down, Tead!

Took the Mars 300 out, put in a Roledro 400 cob. I've had the light, but it runs significantly hotter than the mars. Hoping I can get away with it all summer, as it throws me straight into the mid 80s. The coverage is better and glow more pleasing.
420-magazine-mobile1320747378.jpg

JD
420-magazine-mobile683372186.jpg
420-magazine-mobile347784309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile752138813.jpg

Papaya
420-magazine-mobile603499034.jpg

BluMys
420-magazine-mobile1617543904.jpg

Purple Bads
420-magazine-mobile1524606356.jpg

BB
420-magazine-mobile1615371231.jpg

And Cackleberry
420-magazine-mobile401130780.jpg

Have a lovely day!
Your ladies look lovely mate! Subbed!

1st Grow - SSH x 4 - 450 Watt 8 Bulb T5

Thanks for taking a look. Apologies for the delayed response.

I need a new ph pen. Attempted to calibrate mine... *swear words* So I'll talk strictly ppms for now.

You asked (long ago) what happens to ppms after water sits for a few days. I found it going from 706 to 650 after 3 days. That can't be bad.

I have not added cal/mag since moving from the DWC to hempy. Being my ppms are so high, and wanting to believe aqausauna's claim that the system filters "...selectively retain or replace healthy dissolved solids like calcium, magnesium, and potassium," I've been reluctant to add it. My instinct (which is in it's infancy) tells me it's locking out and not lacking. Again though, pure novice guess.

I am stubborn. I will likely let it ride with the aquasuana tap water and AN's ph perfect trio. JD's new growth always looks so nice, but as the leaves mature they're looking sick...

Pics forthcoming

Keep the rubber side down, Tead!

Ya know, I'm sure there are some liquid nutrient regimes that don't need to supplement calmag... but I've never met one.
Get ur girls some calmag and clip off those spotted up leaves... they'll never 'get better'.

Great lookin hempies baby! Is the hydroton settling into the perlite as time passes? I wondered if the hydroton was heavier and would fall thru the perlite... judging from the photos, I may have been right.

Ya know, I'm sure there are some liquid nutrient regimes that don't need to supplement calmag... but I've never met one.
Get ur girls some calmag and clip off those spotted up leaves... they'll never 'get better'.

Great lookin hempies baby! Is the hydroton settling into the perlite as time passes? I wondered if the hydroton was heavier and would fall thru the perlite... judging from the photos, I may have been right.

Added calimagic to JD, Blue Mys, and Purple Badlands. Still concerned high ph is what is preventing uptake of certain nutrients. Don't want to throw $15 at another cheaper ph pen OR splurg for a bluelab, will likely get something in between. I simply pulled the unhealthy older leaves that were about to fall on their own.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm enjoying hempy compared to my one DWC run. When I really float the medium while watering the hydroton definintely wants to settle below the lighter perlite. Growing impatient waiting to find out what it looks like in there. Purple Badlands had some roots visible into the top layer of hydroton.

Hoping to grab some pictures today, been in stealth mode during this busy spring. The phresh filter was a great investment. Was also suffering a serious case of brown bottle flu yesterday. Even now I find it necessary to tie one on every so often, if for nothing else but to remind myself how bad I am at drinking excessively... Sometimes the pints taste too good and the live band hits too many feels! Entirely possible on a Thursday night, maybe even 2 Thursdays in a row! Uffda

For as much trouble I'm having with Jamaican Dream and her mature leaves looking sick, I'm really happy with my novice topping job on her. Looks like I'll have 7 tops at approx the same height. Will show off soon!

Peace and Love, you beautiful humans .

Was also suffering a serious case of brown bottle flu yesterday. Even now I find it necessary to tie one on every so often, if for nothing else but to remind myself how bad I am at drinking excessively... Sometimes the pints taste too good and the live band hits too many feels! Entirely possible on a Thursday night, maybe even 2 Thursdays in a row! Uffda

I went to the corner market Monday and purchased a pint of Jim Beam. Beam was the preferred juice of me and my buddies back in the day. I enjoyed a touch of it in the traditional straight from the bottle method. I walked some memories and shared a story. Never drink anymore... it's been years really... but felt the need this year.

I'll share a funny liquor story...
As an Infantry Grunt many years ago, I had various mentors that taught me many traditions. Of course, liquor has always been a tradition in that world, so it was a constant companion.
One of my mentors and I had dropped into a training area early to set up and plan deployment. It was a dense jungle environment with a few clearings here and there. We knew the area well and had both been there many times before over the years. My mentor... let's call him Harvey.... and I were walking down some animal trail and came to a clearing... one like many others with absolutely nothing to make it unique in any way. Harvey stops in the middle of the clearing, looks around a little, bends down and brushes some dirt and debris from an apparently random spot in the smack dab middle of nowhere, and pulls out a fifth of Beam!

I was sure to pass that one on to many other young gentlemen along my way thru life. It was a real joy for me to do it, and it always included a toast to 'Harvey'. Old dogs teach the best lessons.

I went to the corner market Monday and purchased a pint of Jim Beam. Beam was the preferred juice of me and my buddies back in the day. I enjoyed a touch of it in the traditional straight from the bottle method. I walked some memories and shared a story. Never drink anymore... it's been years really... but felt the need this year.

I'll share a funny liquor story...
As an Infantry Grunt many years ago, I had various mentors that taught me many traditions. Of course, liquor has always been a tradition in that world, so it was a constant companion.
One of my mentors and I had dropped into a training area early to set up and plan deployment. It was a dense jungle environment with a few clearings here and there. We knew the area well and had both been there many times before over the years. My mentor... let's call him Harvey.... and I were walking down some animal trail and came to a clearing... one like many others with absolutely nothing to make it unique in any way. Harvey stops in the middle of the clearing, looks around a little, bends down and brushes some dirt and debris from an apparently random spot in the smack dab middle of nowhere, and pulls out a fifth of Beam!

I was sure to pass that one on to many other young gentlemen along my way thru life. It was a real joy for me to do it, and it always included a toast to 'Harvey'. Old dogs teach the best lessons.

What an excellent way to bond! Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy reading your stories, young and old! Last Thursday was less picturesque in my world: Too much too fast, ending with Dale hugging an empty ice cream bucket through the early morning hours. That said, my favorite local band recently added a female on vocals and keys. Something about her performance really captured me, an excellent surprise! May have to see if I can enjoy more responsibly this week...

Group shot. They all got water and hydroguard this morning. No nutes. The salt build up on my hydroton was getting thick.
420-magazine-mobile720839838.jpg

Getting pretty and smelly in there! Still watching this spot on JD. As the days pass I worry less. I hope they're just pre-flowers with no pistils, but I really don't have the experience to tell for sure. Another shaky go at capturing them.
420-magazine-mobile1765681086.jpg

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom