Dale's Indoor Hempy - 400w COB - 6 Strain Attempt - 2017

And then there were 4. Water/nute problems still not ironed out, which is embarrassing. Flowers frosting up anyway.
420-magazine-mobile442966250.jpg

Papaya side branch
420-magazine-mobile1857632663.jpg

JD side branch
420-magazine-mobile1949105227.jpg

BlueMys top
420-magazine-mobile1544853211.jpg

BB top
420-magazine-mobile67131781.jpg

Cackleberry is a boy, he'll be destroyed. Auto/veg cab contains CBD Auto Med GOM and a CBD Indica photo fem from a CBD Crew mix pack. Pics forthcoming.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Feeding day. Getting more meticulous with my notes. I ought to formulate a detailed request for help in the Grow FAQ area... Only, I procrastinate so well! I'm leaning towards a magnesium lockout due to high Cal, but that's purely a guess.

Base water notes: 2 1/2 gal of filtered (aquasauna 2 part countertop system) tap water @ 680ppm, ph'd to 5.7, 4ml Hydroguard.

Now pics and individual notes:
CBD Auto Med GOM - fed with base water. Runoff ppm 780, ph 6.4
420-magazine-mobile275543260.jpg

CBD Crew Indica just popped and didn't get fed. Hello, young beauty!
420-magazine-mobile330635081.jpg

Blueberry received base water + 180 ppm CALiMAGic, upping ppm to 860 and ph to 5.8 going in. Runoff ppm 940, ph 6.0
420-magazine-mobile1532464497.jpg
420-magazine-mobile697312322.jpg

Blue Mystic received base + 180 ppm CALiMAGic, making 860 ppm 5.8 ph in. Runoff 1040ppm, ph 6.2
420-magazine-mobile135022403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1781979408.jpg

Papaya was fed base water + 60ppm Micro, 40ppm Grow, and 40ppm Bloom AN ph Perfect trio. In at 1000ppm, 5.8 ph. Runoff 1110ppm, ph 5.9
420-magazine-mobile1541965806.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1166421270.jpg

Jamaican Dream was fed base + 180ppm CALiMAGic. In at 860ppm, 5.8 ph. Runoff 960ppm, 6.0ph
420-magazine-mobile942529370.jpg
420-magazine-mobile623726853.jpg

Hoping detailed notes each feed day help me eventually. Despite some fugly leaves I'm still pleased with the progress. Peace and Love!

6/20 feeding day:

*Press Your Luck theme*
Host,"...And here's what our contestants have been waiting for! Be careful, there are whammies all over the board looking to take your money... First up, Dale!"

With a cocky demeanor, Dale yells, "No whammies no whammies no whammies STOP!"

*Sad tuba*
*Foreboding cartoons across bottom of screen*
*Dale's head falls into Dale's hands*

Saving pictures for another day.

All were watered until medium started to float and hempy hole peeing full bore. 2.5 gal water 4ml hydroguard 5.7ph 690ppm.

Runoff:
CBD Auto Med - 6.2ph 805ppm
BB - 5.9ph 810ppm
BM - 6.1ph 910ppm
Pp - 5.9ph 835ppm
JD - 5.9ph 810ppm

Entertaining myself anymore, is all. Looks like Ineed RO water... What a hassle!

I flaked on my plan of just ph'd water with hydroguard, have been giving the girls varying mixes of nutes willy nilly. Not a productive approach for figuring, I'm hardheaded... Still, I'm pleased to see smoke-worthy looking buds with nice amounts of sugar. Group pic of unhappy looking leaves...
420-magazine-mobile747925202.jpg

Quickly approaching harvest time. JD reaches the breeder given minimun flower time on 7/10.

Sorry for the poor quality individual shots, was moving quick. Jamaican Dream
420-magazine-mobile1480051217.jpg

Papaya, possibly ready for harvest on the 15th.
420-magazine-mobile799661660.jpg
Blue Mystic, also possible by 7/15.
420-magazine-mobile813261235.jpg
And Blueberry at day 27ish of flower.
420-magazine-mobile2146926823.jpg

Also have the CBD Auto Med throwing pistils in my cab, day 42 already for her. CBD Indica Fem also in cab at day 13 above ground. If I can be disciplined, she will be the lady who helps me nail down my deficiencies and/or excesses, since she started life with a more friendly ph to her feedings. Will get pics of them another day.

All the best to you!

JD, Papaya, and BB are in 1 gallon planters. I don't like the narrow at the bottom wide at top shape, they're tippy. BlueMys is in a small folgers can, little more than a liter. Girls in the cab are in 2.5 liter bottles. So. Many. Variables! Not doing myself many favors 藍

Probably not... but life's just not perfect after all.

So, for you 2.5 and smaller plants.... I can share some specific experience with them.

I see similar defoliation in all my 2Ls. Sativas much worse than indicas, but they all take the hit. Rarely do I see a sativa hit harvest with any real fan leaves left at all.
I see it as root issues related to the small form... just not enough root mass possible to to create a plant of any real significance.
Since I see no real way to fix it (other than bigger pots), I just let them ride and focus on the new growth and sugar leaves.

I'm currently in the middle of a move from 2L to 6L (generally) for just such reasons.

2cents... hope it makes you feel a touch better.

They look like they smell divine Dale. The Jamaican Dream in particular. I can still recall her sweet fragrance. They've been busy since my last visit. :laughtwo: None of my hempies are as pretty as my soil plants at harvest. They make up for that with denser buds. It appears you're having that result as well.

Had a good chuckle at your "willy nilly " nute approach. That's a mirror of my first walk through hempie. That first plant blew me away and opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Are you enjoying the adventure Dale? :battingeyelashes: :love:

They look like they smell divine Dale. The Jamaican Dream in particular. I can still recall her sweet fragrance. They've been busy since my last visit. :laughtwo: None of my hempies are as pretty as my soil plants at harvest. They make up for that with denser buds. It appears you're having that result as well.

Had a good chuckle at your "willy nilly " nute approach. That's a mirror of my first walk through hempie. That first plant blew me away and opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Are you enjoying the adventure Dale? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Thanks, Sue! JD is why I thank the stars I grabbed that carbon filter, have to be careful on feed days - tent open for a couple minutes and the whole house stinks (stinks GOOD). A sweet and peppery scent to my nose.

I truly enjoy cultivating; Find myself longing for more varieties, more space to work with, more time with them just to be... More healing! (Have been enjoying some ghost train haze since Wednesday, it wraps me in a hazy manner further inside my mind. Deep thoughts impossible to articulate.)

Speaking of healing - My dearest mother has started a cbd oil regimine and added Curcumin to her daily routine. I need to get over there and get details (brand etc..) and see if she notices anything good or bad. Also, I've been following the FHO thread with great interest. Plan to FHO Blue Mystic, I'll be over to ask some questions within a couple weeks!

Great to chat, thanks for stopping over!

In the veg/auto cab
420-magazine-mobile1044885357.jpg

On the left is CBD Indica fem at 3 weeks above ground, she'll be moved to flower within a couple weeks here.

On the right is CBD Med Auto (Pretty sure I call it something different every time), she's just truckin right along. I barely pay her attention. She's been throwing pistils for a week or more already.

We'll see how long I can go before I muck these up! I really do have high hopes that simply managing ph will lead to prettier leaves in my flower tent. Like, no duh!

Some close ups

Jamaican Dream at day 39 of flower, I'll be checking trichs after the weekend
420-magazine-mobile1189695345.jpg

Papaya at day 41 of flower, I will scope her trichs in a week
420-magazine-mobile532257351.jpg

Blue Mystic day 41 of flower, a week away from squinting through the viewer at her sugar
420-magazine-mobile799218877.jpg

Blueberry at day 34 of flower
420-magazine-mobile1282128983.jpg

Also, I had my Cackleberry boy hanging around so I could mistreat him. Supercropped him twice, left him unattended behind the TV, bent and twisted him around. Finally brought him to the garage to destroy, and ended up finding some pollen. My plan was to pop a NL5 Haze Mist next, but I'd sure like to find a girl Cackleberry and try to get some seeds... Decisions, decisions
420-magazine-mobile2033160500.jpg

Hope he didn't drop any love dust while behind the TV, otherwise I'll have some unintended crosses on my hands! It'll be fun either way!

I can't imagine how you won't have flowers Dale. The pretty part is relative. We don't grow them for the leaves, necessarily, and they'll bloom under horrendous conditions. I have great faith in your ability to get them to harvest. We have an excellent learning curve in this neighborhood. You'll improve just from hanging around all the brilliant cultivators.

Then, before you know it, you're teaching other members how to do it successfully. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I can't imagine how you won't have flowers Dale. The pretty part is relative. We don't grow them for the leaves, necessarily, and they'll bloom under horrendous conditions. I have great faith in your ability to get them to harvest. We have an excellent learning curve in this neighborhood. You'll improve just from hanging around all the brilliant cultivators.

Then, before you know it, you're teaching other members how to do it successfully. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Thanks, Sue!

I hope I don't sound overly negative or self-deprecating, because I love growing and hanging around this neighborhood. I'm proud of my accomplishments! So excited harvest time is near!

Thanks, Sue!

I hope I don't sound overly negative or self-deprecating, because I love growing and hanging around this neighborhood. I'm proud of my accomplishments! So excited harvest time is near!

Be assured you don't sound like anything more than an excited cultivator nearing a harvest. I have one coming down any day now, just waiting for her to go cloudy. It's an anxious time, filled with nervous energy. Who doesn't love a harvest? :laughtwo:

Really slacking on updates, lots to cover!

First, some root shots of the recently harvested Jamaican Dream. I forgot I had started her and Papaya in DWC, and I left them in net pots filled with hydroton when I went hempy.
420-magazine-mobile36379876.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1395472376.jpg
420-magazine-mobile729072803.jpg

JD was harvested 7/13 at 45 days of flower. Has a spicy, peppery smell with a hint of sweet. Smoke tastes similar to smell description, a touch harsh on exhale. My drying conditions were less than ideal being very hot and very dry, and buds only hung for 3 days. Got them jarred yesterday morning and am happy to see humidity holding right at 62. The sweety and I simply love monitoring how the taste and high evolves, hope it smooths out some. We've been sampling out of excitement and need. Very fun high, euphoric and chatty. All in the head with some body tingles as it fades. Small harvest for obvious reasons! May be a bit more than a quarter, no scale in my life. Still proud *puffs out chest* Looking forward to running this strain again.
420-magazine-mobile316512269.jpg

A shot of Papaya at day 51 of flower. Still throwing pistils. We sampled her a bit last night. Has very low aroma unless touched and a hashy taste on green hits, still like hay on 2nd and 3rd tokes. We would like Papaya to be our night recreation, so we'll run her another week or so. Already enjoyed the body buzz last night, hope that gets heavier.
420-magazine-mobile1535938764.jpg

Last pic for the day, Seedsman Blueberry at day 44 since pistils. She's really getting fat, not much scent yet.
420-magazine-mobile206107825.jpg

Moved CBD Indica to flower tent yesterday. She was topped once.

The CBD Auto Med is suffering root rot, I believe. All of her older growth is rapidly yellowing and browning, and her runoff has a sour, putrid smelll. Flushing her with ph'd water and H2O2 daily until she's dead or better.

Have one NL5 Haze Mist and two Blueberry seeds in paper towels now. The cycle continues and I love life!

All the best!

Back
Top Bottom