Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

I have been enjoying her in my daily line up thanks for starting this thread.:thanks: I have some aspirations with her carnival and chem 91'.

Thanks for actively participating. :thanks:

It’s more than a little satisfying to see your selection of fine buds. I’m sure tonight is a repeat, but with new players. Enjoy the evening. My tray for this evening:

DDA's granddaughter

Another

2nd generation stuff still carries predominantly purple genetics. One more?
I took shots of a couple more but I was starting to get shakey.

Interesting how they all have a distinctive leaf presentation. Cool! :high-five:

Thanks for actively participating. :thanks:

It’s more than a little satisfying to see your selection of fine buds. I’m sure tonight is a repeat, but with new players. Enjoy the evening. My tray for this evening:

Interesting how they all have a distinctive leaf presentation. Cool! :high-five:
5 plants from one cross shows 5 different phenotypes.. only one is green and appears to be growing like one of my Punto Rojo crosses, which sorta makes sense and is not a bad thing.

Will be putting Riflemans DDA back into rotation this summer for more breeding. They sure make a great seed mother.

She delivered more than 2 ounces.

There’s no quibbling from a woman who has four ounces of her tied-for-favorite chemovar. There are still buds fermenting that’ll keep it above 2 oz. The buds have since stabilized at 62%. :hookah:

She delivered me fluffy buds, but they have that sweetly fermented perfume beez had with his last DDA. I couldn’t be happier to have two distinctively different tastes of DDA on hand.

From now on autos get 18/6, start to finish.

Brix has decided to upgrade the lighting in the veg tent to accommodate autos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So you two have decided that the 18/6 lighting, in veg, is the way to go for all autos and not just for the DDA?

I think you’d get better at 20/4, but I’ve noticed the indicas in particular don’t care for that much light. I also don’t believe the increase would be worth the increased energy output and cost. So yes, 18/6 is where both Brix and I are most comfortable, at this time.

He has a baby in an Octopot, praying hard at ten days. Heartiest little one I’ve seen so far, and I’ve grown ten of them. :laughtwo:

One of the reasons we covet a harvest of DDA is to have this lovely sight staring back at us when we sit down to catch a buzz. My first DDA didn’t go deep purple at all, but morphed the flowers to a dirty purple in the final two weeks of her life. She gave me that hallucinogenic effect I was searching for, moreso than any purple plant that followed.

I’ve been hoping to catch another green pheno, but that’s been an elusive desire. Until now. Brix has one in an Octopot that makes every DDA I’ve grown look small by comparison, and it hasn’t shown a twinge of purple anywhere in the plant.

Something I’ve never witnessed. o_O

She’s got about another month or so to go, from the looks of her. Should be a massive harvest for a DDA. I’ve asked to trade purple for green if she doesn’t turn before harvest.

Brix said, “We can work something out.” :battingeyelashes:

...of Dark Devil Auto?

...of Dark Devil Auto?
Hi TS
:hmmmm: ? The breeder has an unknown as half of it's genetics " an exotic autoflowering strain with purple flowers." :hmmmm:
You & I don't know if three leafed genetics are part of that genetic background one way or the other. I am not saying it isn't stress because if I recall that plant went through an issue early in life, I'm not sure, my recall has a habit of not working sometimes and I'm to lazy and busy to go reread what it was.:rofl:

I had 5 of my 1st 5 seeds of DDA be the green pheno

Almost quit it, but Sue talked me off the ledge and all since have been the Purple/black pheno

Didn't care for the green on myself, but didn't really give it a good test run either

Hi TS
:hmmmm: ? The breeder has an unknown as half of it's genetics " an exotic autoflowering strain with purple flowers." :hmmmm:
You & I don't know if three leafed genetics are part of that genetic background one way or the other. I am not saying it isn't stress because if I recall that plant went through an issue early in life, I'm not sure, my recall has a habit of not working sometimes and I'm to lazy and busy to go reread what it was.:rofl:

I have perfect recall - but only of bits & pieces :rolleyes: .

Therefore, I'm not certain here, but I don't recall seeing (in this thread) a mention of previously grown DDA plants producing an abundance of three-fingered leaves. Even if my recollection isn't flawed, it is impossible to prove a thing with only a lack of evidence, but it just looked a little unusual to me.

Didn't care for the green on myself, but didn't really give it a good test run either

It was worth every moment spent talking you down Chris. :hug:

Do you by chance have any of your green pheno buds laying about? :battingeyelashes:

I have perfect recall - but only of bits & pieces :rolleyes: .

Therefore, I'm not certain here, but I don't recall seeing (in this thread) a mention of previously grown DDA plants producing an abundance of three-fingered leaves. Even if my recollection isn't flawed, it is impossible to prove a thing with only a lack of evidence, but it just looked a little unusual to me.

It may be unusual, but that’s still one of the healthiest specimens of DDA I’ve stood beside. Is it possible the environment available in the Octopot caused it? It may simply be a phenotype expression we haven’t yet witnessed.

DrDoob trimmed the last of his DDA into the jars today. This had to be one of the prettiest tops I’ve watched grow. :love:

It got me to thinking about the power of joyful passion. On wild impulse one day I wrote up the introduction to this thread, opened the doors and hoped it’d catch someone’s eye, because at that point DDA was the most exciting strain I’d come across and by gosh... I wanted all of you to enjoy it too.

I have a difficult time being quiet about something that fires me up. :laughtwo:

Here we are, almost four years later, and DDA is represented in gardens spanning the globe, and I like to think I had a little something to do with that. :battingeyelashes:

They sure are fun to grow, eh? :slide:

Fun to consume too. :hookah:

Here we are, almost four years later, and DDA is represented in gardens spanning the globe, and I like to think I had a little something to do with that. :battingeyelashes:
I am sure you did. :passitleft:

DDA is most often represented in my garden through her grandchildren. This is the most recently harvested of those.

Back
Top Bottom