Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

High everyone! :)

She's only part DDA but I had to share. :love: Introducing the prototype TSXDD. Auto Seeds Trans Siberian (Kermit D Flasher) x Sweet Seeds Dark Devil (Selena Kyle). She's dominantly TS. Even has Kermit's attitude lol, but there is a hint of purple deep in the flowers.

TSXDD.jpg

TSXDD_top.jpg

Dang excitement and wake & bake.. need a nap now lol.

:Namaste:

Still with us my friend? :laughtwo:

She's a beauty. I'm hoping more of that purple establishes as she matures. I know you can't wait to try this one.

My wake 'n bakes rev me up. How do yours slow you down? Of course, mine are almost straight sativa-dominant THC-driven. That might explain it. :laughtwo:

Things did not go well with my DDAs on this run. Two got the chop this week with minimal results. Mazikeen is looking OK, but nowhere near as gorgeous as the other ladies Ive seen here. Looks like I'll have to try again.

The two that didnt:

DSCF55182.JPG
DSCF55191.JPG

And Maze. Not really sure what Im looking for. Help with harvest date is appretiated,

DSCF55151.JPG
DSCF55163.JPG
DSCF55172.JPG

:peacetwo:

If you didn't put these photographs through Photoshop or add some saturation somewhere along the line I would think that your feed had way too much Nitrogen. Those deep dark green leaves look great but an over abundence of Nitrogen cuts down on flower yield. They do look good though :)

If you didn't put these photographs through Photoshop or add some saturation somewhere along the line I would think that your feed had way too much Nitrogen. Those deep dark green leaves look great but an over abundence of Nitrogen cuts down on flower yield. They do look good though :)

Im using the AN Sensi Bloom A/B set at roughly 1/2 strength. Occasional additions of Hydroguard and CalMag. The DDAs have always been extra dark though. In contrast, the Blue Dream and the WWxBB are not nearly as dark, but are getting the same mix. I wasnt able to get to them for a few days and they dried up bad...I followed with an accidental over feed. :/ The two little ones didnt really ever recover. Maze is still drinking and doing...something.

:peacetwo:

P.S. The only photo editing I do before posting is the occasional crop and rotate. Colors are as you see them.

Still with us my friend? :laughtwo:

She's a beauty. I'm hoping more of that purple establishes as she matures. I know you can't wait to try this one.

My wake 'n bakes rev me up. How do yours slow you down? Of course, mine are almost straight sativa-dominant THC-driven. That might explain it. :laughtwo:

Yep :laughtwo: my version of sativa dominant is the amber goo of Permafrost :) Probably not the best choice for breakfast.
Permafrost9.jpg

:love:

Hey all, this isnt from my DDA, its starting to happen at week 7.5 on my sweet mango auto. Im assuming some type of deficiency.
420-magazine-mobile808954757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Could be early maganese deficiency.. but that looks like toxicity more than deficiency to me. Salt build up more than likely. A good PH balanced water flush should help in either case and it will taste better in the end. Good vibes!

Dum Dum Dum, another one bites the dust.

Day 64

I love the purple pipe cleaner she's hanging by. Stylish to the end. Good job on her Mr Am4zin. :bravo:

Thats it!! It smells like tea. Thanks. Ive had my face in that jar several times since being asked...not that that is a bad thing...

I base all my quality buds against that smell. My wife actually pointed that out to me.

She's my "sniffer" - I let her do the smell test and she gives me the good news or the other.

When it smells like Earl Grey, I get a pat on the shoulder and a "good job buddy" then smile smile smile! FTW.

Crazy isn't it? Cured weeds smell like Earl Grey tea.. only the blacks get like that. Oh and the Earl Grey is black as well!

hmmmm brain kicked in on that there for a sec.. I bet there's a reason!

I've got a gaggle of these little ones. Sometimes they stink and sometimes they don't, same plant?? Anyone experience that change?

20160703_192339.jpg

Could be early maganese deficiency.. but that looks like toxicity more than deficiency to me. Salt build up more than likely. A good PH balanced water flush should help in either case and it will taste better in the end. Good vibes!

Thank you! I was thinking magnesium as well but this is my first time and im only troubleshooting from reading things online. Ive been doing a straight water flush this past weekish. The sweetmango says its a 9week flower but im sure itll go past it. Today is 8weeks for my first round of girls going. Out of curiosity, whats a good ph for autos? Im sure each strain is a bit different in what they like of course. Good vibes!

bobrown14 said:
I've got a gaggle of these little ones. Sometimes they stink and sometimes they don't, same plant?? Anyone experience that change?

Yes, I have. I thought maybe I'd imagined it. Can't believe I never mentioned it. I didn't really keep track of when it happened, remember I thought I was hallucinating from smoking DDA. :laughtwo:

Thank you! I was thinking magnesium as well but this is my first time and im only troubleshooting from reading things online. Ive been doing a straight water flush this past weekish. The sweetmango says its a 9week flower but im sure itll go past it. Today is 8weeks for my first round of girls going. Out of curiosity, whats a good ph for autos? Im sure each strain is a bit different in what they like of course. Good vibes!

:) You could grow for as long as I have and still be uncomfortable diagnosing someone else's stuff. I'm even uncomfortable diagnosing my own :laughtwo: Trouble is.. it's probably more than one thing which muddles up symptoms and no two people are doing the exact same thing. Remember. Experience is simply a word for 'mistakes made'. The best the experienced can hope for is to narrow it down in most cases.

Either way it's getting into late flower so most of the damage is done and what's really funny is it may not change the end result much. Some of the ugliest plants I have cut down have been the absolute best smoke. It is a living creature that reacts to stress. Stress itself is a two sided coin. On one side the yield might be reduced, but on the other the cannabinoids and terpins might be altered or increased. Tough to say for sure in this case, but in most stress cases the plant pushes to mature faster.

*insert complete loss of where I was going with this here>>><<<

Within a few points of 6.0 has always treated me right for pretty much every stage be it auto or photo. I'm finding auto's to be a little like sativa's in this department. Keep it to the low side. Water about half as often as most indica's and hybrids.. and keep the nutes low. Even then I burn tips :rofl:

Top cola foxtailing on my S1 DDA, but not nearly as bad as the devil's crack in the background. Day 74.

20160707_064630.jpg

Good to see that tray of seeds coming to fruition :) That pic was inspiring to say the least.

I wonder how much 'Red' flavor will carry over to the Devil's Crack. :hmmmm: I'm smoling Red Poison now.. smoking some too. I can see something similar in taste with your mix.. of course I'm mighty stoned .. and just got through battling Mega Mite. Love the smell of neem in the evening lol. Man it's been a long day.

Looks like Dark Devil Selina Kyle did her thing to Bloody Skunk here. That vinyl is looking very familiar. Weird visions of Cat Woman and Pepe Le Pew so I'm gonna post this pic real quick and try to go do ... well hell I don't know 🤦

Bloody_Skunk_x_Dark_Angel.jpg

Here's a few pics of my DDs. I'm getting ready to chop the lot of em. I have 9 DDs and 8 Dark Cream.... not all in the same grow space. I pretty much wait till no more new pistols and wait a few more days ... chop.

They all are very dark purple to almost black. I really have to be careful when I chop they seem to absorb moisture out of the air if the RH is high after chop when hanging dry. Thats not good.

pics_07_09_2016_010.JPG

pics_07_09_2016_011.JPG

pics_07_09_2016_014.JPG

pics_07_09_2016_016.JPG

20160703_192339.jpg

This DD pic was taken 2 weeks ago...

pics_07_09_2016_001.JPG

Here she is tonight... getting ready to chop likely tomorrow. She didn't grow thru the lamp.. I just moved her to where I have all her sisters growing.

pics_07_09_2016_013.JPG

Here are a few helpful charts for you to reference.

9b1c57935f6cb9716e66d4d67555428a.jpg
2b64fffe9262d528928ca18195262c00.jpg
72cc2eda846416d8f60ffacd651d7416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom