DC's First Indoor Multi-Strain

There is a reason why HIDs have been used to grow cannabis since forever lol. Pot loves HPS. While LEDs I find are ok for veg, they dont touch HPS during flower. Especially if you ever decide to go with a bigger tent. Do yourself a favor and go with a bulb and ballast

There is a reason why HIDs have been used to grow cannabis since forever lol. Pot loves HPS. While LEDs I find are ok for veg, they dont touch HPS during flower. Especially if you ever decide to go with a bigger tent. Do yourself a favor and go with a bulb and ballast

How does a plant tell if the photon is from LED or HPS, :hmmmm:The reason HPS has been used forever is because it was the only light with enough photons back when and now knowledge has brought changes. Less heat and more photons that are able to be dialed into whatever spectrum is required.
:thedoubletake: Just playing devils advocate, there's more than one way to grow "cannabliss".:rofl:

I hear you I am looking at the Hps as well. In the basement it will also help keep temps up. I just like the efficiency for the hydro bill. I don't really need top shelf best of the best yield and bud as like I mentioned I don't smoke that much and will shortly have more than enough.

Absolutely. Everyone does it differently. But i will say this. Never in my life have I saw buds like this grown from LEDs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191021-130141_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20191021-130141_Kijiji.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 39
That's only because I havnt grown yet.. Aha ha just kidding

Absolutely. Everyone does it differently. But i will say this. Never in my life have I saw buds like this grown from LEDs.
There is more then one way to skin a cat.

HID have proven time and time again, what they can produce. No question.

not every body has the option to go that way. LED is a great second option when wanting to grow, and not be able to use HID. It has great benefits.

How many more posts?

Oh I see 2!

On a side note checked on the girls as I always do.. Twice a day I have a problem lol...yup looking the same as this morning grow Damnit!!

I think I need a gnome like @Backlipslide to cheer them on!

Oh I see 2!

On a side note checked on the girls as I always do.. Twice a day I have a problem lol...yup looking the same as this morning grow Damnit!!

You made it to 50! :cheer:

Oh I see 2!

Lol I check on my plants, as soon as I get home from work, and a few times between then, and before I even think about bed time. Then I check on them again before bed time.. and shut my veg box, and maker sure my window is still blacked out, close the door lol it’s all part of my every day ritual now.. now on my days off.. if it weren’t for my daughter I’d be taking naps in my tent I check on them so much! Lol

yeah do it up! I look forward to what you can find your self! @Wallanaise the Haze said the same thing, I was amazed at what he found. I’m actually quite jealous :laugh:

Hey @SmokeSara how do I join? What's the best way to chat about the light I don't see a private message function?
Just click the link in my sigature and post there, I believe you have already joined, :D

Day 16

Fed the babies today after 36hours or so, pots were dry and nice and light.

Just a question for anyone do the plants look stunted? Most pics I see at comparable age are quick a bit longer, some more developed but mostly longer. The hash plant especially is growing each node very close together. Just curious as I plan to quadline after reading about it on this forum and the 4th node is coming up lol May have been from the lights too close for awhile? Note the hash plant is about 4 days or so ahead of the rest.

Heater has kept temps up over 20 so that's good.

Attachments

• IMG_20191022_1837086.jpg
    IMG_20191022_1837086.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191022_1834219.jpg
    IMG_20191022_1834219.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20191022_1834116.jpg
    IMG_20191022_1834116.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 26
Some plants are just slower than others
Dont overthink. They are plants..The first step to a quadine is topping the plant. I top at 21 days . If you do quadline there is no way your 3x3 will be big e ough fod 4 plants. To quadline you realistically need 40 days veg minimum. You will be short of room and light. Right now my 5x5 is almost full with only two plants.

10 4 so may just single topping and LST with a shorter veg time? More of a SOG style?
I am picking up a larger tent soon but not likely a light. And I do need to pump the breaks at some point and just get this first grow in before throwing the kitchen sink into this hobby.

Yeah so true funny when growing any other plant I'm happy when they sprout and am happy with whatever I get from them without obsessing over how fast they progress lol.

The whole idea behind training is to spread the plant out, make more tops at an even level to get light. Any sort of training will make your plants take up more room. I think you are going to run into problems. I only say this because it's a mistake I made. Yeilds are not a result of how many plants you have. Its a result of how much light they get. Any training aside from topping is going to make your plants wider and take up more room. That is why light with a bigger footprint will be needed.

Makes sense thanks for the feedback. I will top these girls and only some minor training to try to keep canopy level and flip earlier in veg. If it gets too crowded I'll upgrade to the larger tent. I do have 900w of light between the two even if they are not the highest quality, well see how it works out! Worst case scenario I'm sure I can find a friend to take the 2nd TO Cookies plant off my hands so I'll be down to 3.

Absolutely!! Im sure you will do just fine! Keep in mind, with cheaper LEDs what they advertise as 900 watts isnt really. At one point I had 5 cheaper LEDs in my tent addind up to 1200 supposedly. Truth is they are not. All 5 wouldn't come anywhere close to my HPS at 1000. Its an ongoing battle. Thats why i recommend HID. Both of my ballasts are variable wattage meaning I can run them at whatever is needed. In veg i run at 600. Transition 660 and 750. My girls are starting to produce buds so today I cranked it to 1000!! Its bloody bright. It actually has a 1100 overdrive that I dont use. At 1000 with the light lifted a bit higher it easily flowers my 5x5. Thats why i recommend HID. You can use it at whatever you want. As long as you get a digital adjustable ballast. Its all you will ever need. Never underpowered. If you look on kijiji im sure there are lots. You can put a good setup together for 200 to 300 dollars used if you show strategically.Theres no way an LED can beat it.. just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• 20191023_151407.jpg
    20191023_151407.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20191023_151402.jpg
    20191023_151402.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 17
Day 18
My morning checkin I was surprised to find the pots bone dry and light! They are getting thirsty and growth seems to be speeding up. Fed them thoroughly, may flush next fee

Sidenote I noticed some of the leaves curled up on the edges, may be from me having to move them while watering which has become a pain in these cups but not sure, or from the heater which I turned down as temps were a little high lately now that my furnace is back in service. Any thoughts?

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_20191024_0616554.jpg
    IMG_20191024_0616554.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20191024_0616372.jpg
    IMG_20191024_0616372.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20191024_0616322.jpg
    IMG_20191024_0616322.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20191024_0609512.jpg