Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Everybody please welcome to the world Black to Black....:circle-of-love:

DSC058053.JPG

My god how I would love to be sitting on that window sill with BlackToBlack. You did say Tenn right? Your property must be beautiful. Maybe put a little troll under a bridge next to her.

I miss the mountains.

Looks like you got your answers about Epsom salt. In a pinch, I've used a mortar and pestle and crushed up TUMS, 6 of those with 1 TBSP Epsom in a gallon of water. Calcium carbonate and magnesium sulfate. Your plants look fine and can definitely wait till your cal/mag gets there. I'm with John on that one.

Epsom Salt is a source of magnesium Lady Dee. It's part of my homemade Cal/Mag mix.

1 ounce of Skim Milk (source of calcium)
1 teaspoon of Epsom Salt
1 gallon of H2O

I also add 3 teaspoons of Big Bloom for a source of Phosphorous.

You've seen the good results I've gotten from it.

EDIT: You beat me to the punch John.

:thanks: Broke Ass... I have used your recipe with the milk 2 days ago and I think that is why they have not gotten worse but I couldn't remember the epson salts. I am not going to do anything else to them until the cal/mag gets here but I do think your recipe keep them from getting worse so I am going to assume it is mostly cal they are lacking.....:circle-of-love:

that just seems to be a lot work for that medium.

I 100% agree. If it jumped up and made my girls look like they did with the FF soil I would be thrilled but it ain't happening...:thedoubletake:... I am going to try using the FF I pick up on Fri and letting the small girls use it and what's in it until they need something else and trying the step 2 and 3 Growology with that and if that doesn't work I 'm also going to do 1 girl coming up in the organic Red Bud Farms stuff and see of the 3 which I like best. I think the organic soil will be easy to mix up with the compost, top soil, 1/2 bale of peat moss,(already in peat moss vermiculite, perilite) and worm castings and mycro's then let the plant feed off this soil until it needs something else. So that will be 3 growing methods going at once and from there I guess I will figure out which I like best and produces the best herb.... I can assure you the soil-less method is not going to be the one I pick.....:circle-of-love:

My god how I would love to be sitting on that window sill with BlackToBlack. You did say Tenn right? Your property must be beautiful. Maybe put a little troll under a bridge next to her.

I miss the mountains.

Low Country huh? Ladson is my second home. My best friend and brother lives there and I lived in Summerville and N. Charleston in the late 80's and early 90's. If I could have the coast and my mountains on the east side of the map it would be perfect.......:circle-of-love:

Looks like you got your answers about Epsom salt. In a pinch, I've used a mortar and pestle and crushed up TUMS, 6 of those with 1 TBSP Epsom in a gallon of water. Calcium carbonate and magnesium sulfate. Your plants look fine and can definitely wait till your cal/mag gets there. I'm with John on that one.

:thanks:

I am sorry to do this here, but I just searched for an entire hour and could not find how to start a journal. I have absolutely no memory of how I did mine. I need help so someone point me to all the info. I know I saw it where they suggest how you set up, etc.

thanks guys and ladies

Here is the Journals In Progress forum where you should start a new grow journal

Journals in Progress

At the bottom left there is a button that says "Post New Thread" press that and It will take you to a new grow journal template where you start your journal.

Here is everything you should need to know to start a new grow journal

How to Make a Grow Journal

Dennise I would not condemn the soiless mixture too soon, I add a calcium and magnesium supplement to my nutrient mixture to have better control of how much calcium and magnesium my plants get. I believe once your calcium and magnesium supplement arrives and you add 5 millilitres per gallon when you mix up your nutrients you will find it easy as well. You should discontinue using a calcium and magnesium supplement 2 weeks prior to harvest.

Dennise I would not condemn the soiless mixture too soon, I add a calcium and magnesium supplement to my nutrient mixture to have better control of how much calcium and magnesium my plants get. I believe once your calcium and magnesium supplement arrives and you add 5 millilitres per gallon when you mix up your nutrients you will find it easy as well. You should discontinue using a calcium and magnesium supplement 2 weeks prior to harvest.
To be honest with you King :adore:.... I really think this is mostly if not all from where I didn't water them and I don't know how long it was going on cause I am giving her a gallon every 4 days now and I dang sure wasn't before but not only is the new meter telling me she wants it she is light when I pick her up. I will keep working with it and hopefully the cal/mag will be here tomorrow as the mail has already run today and I will see a big difference in her. I've just never had a really ugly girl before and she is just sad. I'm getting ready to post some pics of her and I think she looks better than she did and certainly is not getting worse but she ain't purdy.....:circle-of-love:
Well folks, I finally started a new journal. I alerted the mods so it won't be long now. I think the link is this:

Gardenfaerie Outdoor Organic Summer 2014 Flux and LST in Ground

It's about time...:yahoo: How did your baked goods work out?.........:circle-of-love:

:thanks: Broke Ass... I have used your recipe with the milk 2 days ago and I think that is why they have not gotten worse but I couldn't remember the epson salts. I am not going to do anything else to them until the cal/mag gets here but I do think your recipe keep them from getting worse so I am going to assume it is mostly cal they are lacking.....:circle-of-love:

Ok Lady Dee, here's the deal. The milk & Epsom Salt was for the cal/mag but the main issue that caused my plants to get that discoloration from the tips of the leafs working its way up & the upwards curl was from a Phosphorous deficiency. This is why I add the FOX FARM BIG BLOOM.

Here's the Link. Go down to where it says Phosphorous & under the explanation you'll see a plant who's issues look identical to ours. You've added a cal/mag supplement with my recipe but haven't addressed the main issue; A phosphorous deficiency.

John gives excellent advice as you already know, so follow his lead. But make sure you read that link.

I fell flat out asleep early on the couch! I never ate it last night. Tonight is my favorite show, Cosmos. I'll eat in conjunction! Will report.

How do you feel?
I'm fine.....:circle-of-love:
Ok Lady Dee, here's the deal. The milk & Epsom Salt was for the cal/mag but the main issue that caused my plants to get that discoloration from the tips of the leafs working its way up & the upwards curl was from a Phosphorous deficiency. This is why I add the FOX FARM BIG BLOOM.

Here's the Link. Go down to where it says Phosphorous & under the explanation you'll see a plant who's issues look identical to ours. You've added a cal/mag supplement with my recipe but haven't addressed the main issue; A phosphorous deficiency.

John gives excellent advice as you already know, so follow his lead. But make sure you read that link.

:thanks:

Ok i just popped on the 271th page of your topic but love it from the start of my presence here, i'm going to copy you fluxing technique on my future ladies. You said KingJohnC can king buddies :) your experience is tremendous for me

Ok i just popped on the 271th page of your topic but love it from the start of my presence here, i'm going to copy you fluxing technique on my future ladies. You said KingJohnC can king buddies :) your experience is tremendous for me
We have a great thread here on 420 that the originator of the Flux training method has donated to anyone who wants his guidance and/or assistance. LINK

Back
Top Bottom