DephOne's First Grow - Unknown Strain

Re: DephOne's First Grow... Unknown Strain

Hell yeah... sorry for the delay was in the garden. :) Just what I needed!

yes sir!

:cough:

With out more ventilation you will need to stick to floro's or LED's because of temps. Even then you will find you are going to need to open it while the lights are on. So, for one or two plants I say try to find a cheap or used t5 setup. Get as many watts as you can afford. Look for that deal. Line the room with cheap mylar blankets. Get two of the nifty light hanger gizmo's that you can adjust the height and a cheap timer. If you can figure out a way to supply your fan in the back some fresh air, you'll be way better off. Also, think about what soil and nutrients you want to use. It won't be long until they'll need to potted up!

Fixes the canoe and passes... There you are my friend!

Oh yeah Son, spray glue or staple gun. Or whatever you can come up with to hang the mylar.

Clear packing tape works well also if you need to be concerned about wall damage....

Oh yeah Son, spray glue or staple gun. Or whatever you can come up with to hang the mylar.

Prob gonna use little tack nails. Cause this house is rented. We can't really alter the interior. But Tomorrow I am picking up Mylar sheets. 2x4 ... so like.. 8 sheets? And a T-5 set up if I can find one. And possibly a 2 gallon bucket... I'd actually love to have one of those pots that OMM uses.

Someone gonna pass that back to me?

Edit: Just remembered, there's a store in Essex called Hydroponics. Would they have a T-5 set up? They're a soil and aquatic plant store.

DephOne;1546592 Edit: [COLOR="#00FF00" said:
Just remembered, there's a store in Essex called Hydroponics. Would they have a T-5 set up? They're a soil and aquatic plant store.[/COLOR]

Damn Son. Give me a migraine with that green!

Yeah, they will have t5's. But at the premium price. Unless you know someone at the store that's going to hook you up big time, don't even bother. Though I can't say that FOR SURE, it's pretty likely. Call them. Let your fingers and not your mangled foot do the walking!

Edit: Just remembered, there's a store in Essex called Hydroponics. Would they have a T-5 set up? They're a soil and aquatic plant store.

be carefull and shop around. if its availible at a general hardware store and a hdroponics place, choose the general store imho...speciality stores normally charge more for the same thing.

over here we have B&Q, wickes, The Range e.t.c and you can get 80% of the things you need in these places. few exceptions are items like water testing kits, which i have so far been unable to locate locally =(

Prob gonna use little tack nails. Cause this house is rented. We can't really alter the interior. But Tomorrow I am picking up Mylar sheets. 2x4 ... so like.. 8 sheets? And a T-5 set up if I can find one. And possibly a 2 gallon bucket... I'd actually love to have one of those pots that OMM uses.

Someone gonna pass that back to me?

Okay, Okay, I'm back from my stupur, was reading my posts and still gotta visit TG's crib, pass the bang please, and you're all wrong, Kid I just remembered, panda film will be perfect for your situation, it gets stapled on, easy to pull down, use staple gun and when stapling, take a piece of cardboard and place over panda film section and staple. This prevents the film from tearing. You can also line the bottom of your site also, this makes everything white and reflective and easy to clean

Plantmax T-5 24W 6500K 24 Inch Grow Bulb

Does that sound like a good bulb to you guys?
I have one of the cheapo 24" lights (from wally world) in my grow and it produces blue spectrum more than red so imho it is okay for veg but not even close to enough for a plant. That is why I sprung for the light I have.

Plantmax T-5 24W 6500K 24 Inch Grow Bulb

Does that sound like a good bulb to you guys?

24 inch? you would need a lot of them if you have more than 1 plant ;)
also 6500k...that means its single spectrum (will have to check when its not 4 in the morning and im getting ready for work) and you will have to buy an equal amount of bulbs for flowering.

you might want to look into the growlux dual spectrum growing bulbs...£15 ($22?) per 5 ft bulb

whilsst we are on the subject of flouros, having played with them for a little while now i can tell you that the hottest part on the entire rig is the mini balast thing inside the fixture.

i plan on mounting several on a sheet of wood. i will be drilling a large square hole in the wood where the balasts are and adding computer heatsinks then cooling them from the back (prefereably with its own air exhaust to prevent warming of the plants air) i think this will further improve the main advantage of flouro growing. low heat.

24 inch? you would need a lot of them if you have more than 1 plant ;)
also 6500k...that means its single spectrum (will have to check when its not 4 in the morning and im getting ready for work) and you will have to buy an equal amount of bulbs for flowering.

you might want to look into the growlux dual spectrum growing bulbs...£15 ($22?) per 5 ft bulb

I'm limited in space. My closet is just a bit more than 3ft wide.

Edit: Hahaha, 69 posts !

Back
Top Bottom