DephOne's First Grow - Unknown Strain

Re: DephOne's First Grow... Unknown Strain

If I may make a suggestion....

Ditch the tin foil. Find those mylar emergency blankets. Super cheap and way better than foil. Wish I had found out about those (or remembered them more accurately) before buying a roll of mylar. Foil will create hot spots. Flat white paint would be better than foil, IMHO.

Credit to fish cake and jandre2k3 for the blanket idea.

gig got the blanket. I use fsk. its a vapor barrier for over insulation in walls :)

Can you get that at Home Depot? Cause i'm going tomorrow morning. I mesured out the space that i have.

The box is gonna be 4'8" tall. 2' long. and 2'4" wide. So roughly... 9 square foot? Would a 250watt be okay?

Not at HD as far as I know. But you can get them at Wal-mart in the camping section. For the light, a 250w would do you fine. They will grow and produce for sure. 400w would be much better, but I understand your cost issues.

Welllll, I actually talked my mom into buying things for me XD

Cause My bday was June 4th, and i never told her what i wanted, so she told me to let her know when i figured it out.
Sooooo, 400watt you say? So be it. :)

So, here is the list of items I will be obtaining...

2x4's (enough to construct the box)
400w CFL (would helical, or tubular be better?)
Reflector Dome
Mini Oscillating Fan
Nails
Mylar

Oh, and a light timer... How do those work? Do they plug in or what? And how much do the Temp./Humidity Detectors cost?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down....

Not a CFL, son. I meant a REAL light. If you want to go CFL, then someone else needs to chime in. The only floro's I use are T5's.
But, your mam's buying? Well why not a 1000W HPS?

OK. Thoughts.

What's the budget realistically look like? That way we can make the best use of your (mom's) hard earned cash. This is of paramount importance. Don't rush out and get ahead of yourself.

I imagine around $100-$150...

I don't wanna get HPS's cause the ballasts cost a lot if money and I cant afford to buy a whole fixture with a built in ballast. Plus, the space I'm growing in really isn't adequate. I imagine 1 or 2 CFL's would work okay for the small space they need to light up.

Hey kid, I see you been tokin since early this morning, didn't I tell you I'd be back at 7:00 and we'd pass the bong? I'm using my jewish mother accent. Anyway, I agree, don't go blowing your mom's money, you don't need everything all at once, space it out, get what you need now, and as your plant grows, and your growing skills develope, and you keep reading these posts, and posting, people will show you the way. So, my opinion, start with a T-5 light, you can get them cheap on ebay, check out craigslist, people get rid of their old grow equipment when they expand, or get divorced. I got my tent a Jardin 90, 400 watt HSP/MH, for $120.00 used one time, from a kid your age because he had to move back home with his mother who didn't want it in the house, so look for something small, don't go all out at once, you can spread your spending over the 4 months to grow, TAKE IT EASY/Aunt Gracie/ now pass that bong/

That's perfect kid, they sell them in 2 ft or 4 ft t-5's I picked one up a 4 footer for under $50.00, it can grow you through veg when you go to flower you'll need something stronger. Tell us more, I'll be right back, gotta feed the dogs and pack the bowl. Aunt Gracie

Ok. We have a closet space and $125+-.

I'm new to the site, and growing MMJ, but not growing in general. Light is the single most important factor in your control. I would buy an ebay T5 fixture, maybe a 4 bulb 2 ft. 96 watts and about $70 shipped. Dump the 2x4's. Too expensive and WAY over kill for what you need. Look at a basic tent. It's just suspended mylar. The only thing you need to consider is how to hang your light.

Grace? Would you agree? Better idea?

EDIT: I'm not saying look at a tent to buy, but rather the structure. You only need to suspend your light and mylar. Graces CL idea is great too. Search All For Sale for "hydroponic"

Back
Top Bottom