DesertPlant's 2nd DWC White Widow & Northern Lights Journal - 2017

DesertPlants

This will be my second grow. The first was several years ago and is posted here. This grow will be two plants in a 5' x 2.5' tent. One is a White Widow from 420, and one Northern Lights that will be planted once the seeds are delivered. Both are feminized seeds. The WW spent a day in water on Wednesday, Thursday I dropped it in a Root Riot cube and it is now sitting under the LED. She just popped up today.

Here are the basics:
  • Strain: White Widow x1, Northern Lights x1 (soon)
  • Genes: 30% Sativa, 70% Indica (White Widow), and 100% Indica (Northern Lights)
  • Grow Method: DWC Hydro
  • Light: Apollo Horticulture COB 384W LED and Nanolux CMH 315W
  • Cooling: Air cooled/mixed with a floor blower fan
  • Room Temp: 74 F
  • Water Temp: 70 F
  • PH: 5.9
  • Nutrients: Technaflora Recipe for Success Starter Kit

Last time I used just the COB LED and got pretty good results. This time I am adding a 315W CMH light to the mix and changing the nutrients to see if I can get a larger yield.

Wow... so apparently CMH lights put off a lot more heat than I am used to. I just fired it up last night and the tent is sitting right at 110... Off to get a fan I go.

I got the Northern Lights in the mail yesterday. I soaked one overnight and have it in a root riot cube today. The WW is going strong with several leaves now.

Here is an update of the White Widow from 10/13. She is growing rapidly now.

IMG_064853.jpg

Here is an updated picture from today (10/16). The first picture is the White Widow. The second picture is the Northern Lights. The NL is stretching because I waited to long to put it in the bucket and raise it closer to the lights. The last picture is my new 400W COB LED I build with VERO 29 SE C COBs and active cooling.

IMG_0055100.jpg

IMG_005791.jpg

IMG_064654.jpg

Here are some updated pictures. The White Widow is growing rapidly. The Northern Lights is just now getting to where she will go through some explosive growth. I expect over the next two weeks, she will get pretty big.

IMG_009468.jpg
IMG_009569.jpg

I don't think I mentioned it, but the White Widow is sticking to strictly the TechnaFlora nutrients. The Northern Lights is strictly Nectar for the Gods.

It has been a while and they both have been growing. The Northern Lights was slow to catch up, but she is starting to make progress. I switched her to the Technaflora nutrients and she has started growing at a MUCH faster rate. I F.I.M.ed the Northern Lights this afternoon as well.

IMG_018568.jpg

IMG_018365.jpg

I like growing two different kinds at once, but it is a lot more work. I think next grow will be just a single tree. They are both huge and the NL is now taller than the WW. I just received some Banana Kush seeds, so I will probably try one of them next.

PS: I am on day 18 of flower now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom