Dghoyos' Diesel Ladies - First Time Grow

The base:
20151226_102808.jpg

The big leaf:
20151226_102016.jpg

The ladies currently:
20151226_103205.jpg

So, a week later we're kicking ass on the full strength nutes. I won't lie, I'm a bit intimidated with how fast they're growing and kind of crowding one another. They seem to be tilting towards the light and somewhat sparse. I would have guessed them getting a little bushier. Note sure if I should step up the mh in wattage. Here is my oldest lady cummins....
20160102_144439.jpg

And here are the four diesel ladies together. I've spread them fairly far apart from one another. I was thinking of going to a 600w mh and bringing the bulb a bit higher. Maybe give the lower plants a boost. Possibly even making the girls bushier. I'd like to max out the height around 5 feet, so do I have to "top" them?
20160102_144202.jpg

I'd like to max out the height around 5 feet, so do I have to "top" them?

You don't have to, but you could. By the looks of your first picture it might be a little late to do a topping on that one at least though. Looks to be a good time to do some training. I'd probably consider supercropping that big one, but I'm very brave when it's not my own plants. :)

We won't be doing another untrained plant, after our first grow we saw for ourselves why it's so helpful.

Thanks Shigs! Glad to hear I'm starting to think like you.

If left untrained, your big girl will force you to raise your light to accommodate her, requiring you to lift all the rest of your plants up to her height. It's far easier and more effective to force her down now, while she is still green and reasonably thin.

Here's my first supercrop:

Before:

Bent!:

A few hours later:

A week or so later:

We waited probably too late, but she still recovered.

Wow, that is pretty interesting. I may try that tonight. Anyways, here we are at transitioning nutes to bloom and switched to 600w hps. I had to raise the light from the heat.
20160107_193522.jpg

I just bent the big girl 90 degrees, and it didn't crimp at the bend, so it looks good. Temperatures at the top have dropped now too haha. Now just to raise the two small girls on the right......

If she bent but didn't kink, that'd be more of an untied LST than a supercrop. Might be enough, or she might just stand right back up on ya. You'll want to keep a close eye on her if your light would be too close should she do so.

Pics pics pics. :)

Ok, so sorry for being a ghost around here but here is an update. I'm just starting week 7 on the expert recirculating regimen today, and they all seem to be doing great. The two midgets on the right, I have decided once harvested, I'll oust those two and stay with the two larger ones. I also trimmed the lower fans off. They aren't as bushy as I expected, but maybe due to me catering to the largest plant and causing the other three to race for the light? Either way, I'm happy with my first attempt and will just look at it as an experience. Anyways, here are some pics....
20160123_120706.jpg
20160123_120903.jpg
20160123_140940.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-23-12-10-26.png
Screenshot_2016-01-23-14-23-13.png

The two midgets on the right, I have decided once harvested, I'll oust those two and stay with the two larger ones. I also trimmed the lower fans off. They aren't as bushy as I expected, but maybe due to me catering to the largest plant and causing the other three to race for the light?

That'd make sense for sure. Once we started leveling our plants off to the same height, production definitely increased.

Growing well. I had to trim down from the light. They're going too high lol. I have added "cha-ching" to the nutes and in two days the buds are looking to explode. I think I'll be repeating week 7 and continue with the cha-ching.

Soooooo......looks like we're getting close to harvest lol. The largest one smells so piney, I'm in love! The smallest one smells like grapes. I think I'll be cloning the grape diesel one and cloning the largest one. Pictures are a close up of the grapes one and the largest cola of the big lady.
20160220_003139.jpg
20160220_010617.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom