DocBud's Hempy Grow

wtf he had that in a pot??? damn

Yep. He's a good friend, and has been growing for like 30 years. I found out he grew about 2 months ago.

He's who I got the clones from. He only grows outdoors, but his son is an indoor grower.

He likes to grow in pots, uses FFOF, Perlite and some other stuff. The reason is so he can move the taller plants higher on the hill, so each plant gets afternoon sun on each and every leaf. He rotates them 90 degrees a day too.

The yield on outdoor plants is pretty extraordinary. I wish I had spot somewhere to do an outdoor grow....but I don't.

yeah neither do i dude

thats pretty crazy, im guessing youve known him for awhile? and then outta nowhere realize he grows ha! whoda thunk right??

im really getting into horticulture.. pretty fascinating stuff (switches major... :p)

yeah neither do i dude

thats pretty crazy, im guessing youve known him for awhile? and then outta nowhere realize he grows ha! whoda thunk right??

im really getting into horticulture.. pretty fascinating stuff (switches major... :p)

Yes, I've known him for about 7 years. His wife and my wife are good friends as well. I had no idea that he grew, or anything of that nature. And he had no idea that I was interested in such a thing.

Now look what happened.

funny how things work out like that doc..

and how we keep this stuff so damn secret but meanwhile......... lol

ha i mean its not like its one of those "so whatta you do in your spare time?" ---> "o i spent most of my time in my marijuana hydroponic garden in my basement, whatta bout you???"

funny how things work out like that doc..

and how we keep this stuff so damn secret but meanwhile......... lol

ha i mean its not like its one of those "so whatta you do in your spare time?" ---> "o i spent most of my time in my marijuana hydroponic garden in my basement, whatta bout you???"

The thing about an outdoor grow is that once you get the soil mixed up, you spend very little time in the garden for a few months. He basically went out there every day, watered once in a while, and had to battle a bit of powdery mildew at one point....3-5 minutes a day is what he said, until harvest. Harvest took 2 people about 12 hours, mainly because he went for some seeds this year.

I don't know if any friend of mine could keep me from knowing about a 15' plant in a 45-gallon pot, lol.

His backyard was all dense plants, on a hillside. There was no reason to go down there and look around, and his garden was encircled by other tall plants. He never said anything, I never asked, and I never went around snooping in his garden....so I never knew.

I made the decision to start my own grow independent from him.....but somehow we both figured out what eachother were doing.....and now I've got a great source of knowledge I can draw on if needed, not to mention a seed bank.

Barring unforseen circumstances, I'm going to have a good time growing next year.

In the meantime, I'm battling really high RH, after these rains.

Sounds like the kind of backyard I'd love to have.

It's fascinating how your paths crossed when they did as regards growing.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I hope we both have a good time growing and sharing our grows here next year ;).

What's your RH at?

Mine was at 67 last night.

Sounds like the kind of backyard I'd love to have.

It's fascinating how your paths crossed when they did as regards growing.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I hope we both have a good time growing and sharing our grows here next year ;).

What's your RH at?

Mine was at 67 last night.

Yes, it is amazing. I gave up smoking (MJ) in 1983. Did it again for the first time in September of 2009....26 years later.

Now, all of a sudden I learn things about friends, make new friends, get a new hobby, spend way too much money.....

I love it! :ganjamon:

My RH spiked up to 93% at one point today.....I don't know for how long, when I checked it this afternoon at 3 it was at 69%....still too high. The low was 47%.

When the lights first turn off and the temp drops, the RH spikes, because cool air can't hold as much water vapor as warm air.

So....I bought a de-humidifier and hooked it up into my controller. It will kick on at 50% and shut off when it goes below 50.

I don't want my RH over 50 if I can help it, and now that I've got buds I would rather have it below 40.....down to 30 for the last 3 weeks. I don't want anything resembling mold, mildew, fungus or bud rot. Especially when I start growing for real.

Thanks for stoppin' by, bro!

hm ya i really need to get an rh meter.. im not in any sticky situations right now..

like youre growing in a pretty moist environment.. i live in the desert, i Really dont think humidity is going to be a problem but still.. ive no idea what numbers id reside at

sun, i, as well, am looking forward to all of our future grows.. i wonder if well all keep up with posting like this?..........

Please help

Day 20 flower:

4 of the 5 are in perfect health, white hairs, growing buds, and a bit of frosting. Here's the top of Jack Herer:
IMG_00932.JPG

Now, FLO is giving me some trouble.
The problems seem to have started concurrent the my RH getting off....but the other plants thrived.....not FLO.

I've been meticulous on the PH...5.9-6.2
She's been eating what the others have been eating,, not quite the full dose of FF nutes, with the addition of Canna boost and Hygrozyme. I also use CalMag when I use RO water, don't use it when I use de-chlor tap water.

The new growth is green, but all of it has the leaves curling down. The tips of the old growth also has the "claw." The whole plant is a little darker green than the others, and the buds seem to be growing more slowly.... :sad:

I've flushed with PH'd RO water and hygrozyme twice now. Here are pics from this AM
PLEASE HELP!
IMG_00964.JPG

IMG_01004.JPG

Plant i had that looked like that i pulled...but it was random bag seed...so not a choice for you...I just hate ugly plants and had to kill mine :grinjoint:

Anyway when i noticed mine doing same thing i transplanted (was in 1/2 gallon pot) But i noticed root damage ...dark brown roots....mine seemed to do that cause of root damage....wondering if something wrong with roots on that lady

Plant i had that looked like that i pulled...but it was random bag seed...so not a choice for you...I just hate ugly plants and had to kill mine :grinjoint:

Anyway when i noticed mine doing same thing i transplanted (was in 1/2 gallon pot) But i noticed root damage ...dark brown roots....mine seemed to do that cause of root damage....wondering if something wrong with roots on that lady

What do you recommend? I don't want to pull it....this is a practice grow, and I want to see if I can diagnose and fix the problem. It came on suddenly....

Also, this plant has had crazy growth from day one....3 bladed leaves, etc.

do you normally use hydrogen peroxide ? I would get oxygen to roots may fix roots .....that stuff you used to flush with have stuff thats good for roots? Also on that plant it might help since you have flushed to empty all water out and wait couple days before adding 1/2 strength nukes again

do you normally use hydrogen peroxide ? I would get oxygen to roots may fix roots .....that stuff you used to flush with have stuff thats good for roots? Also on that plant it might help since you have flushed to empty all water out and wait couple days before adding 1/2 strength nukes again

The Hygrozyme is for roots, but it's not bacterial.
The Canna boost says NOT to use H2O2 with it.

I was thinking of using H2O2 as well.....and I emptied the water out too.

How much H2O2 would you recommend?

Shit!

I was just out admiring my plants and noticed a few spots on a couple leaves, so I broke out the microscope.

There was a Fookin crab crawling around and I saw a couple little round eggs!

Spider Mites.

I think I caught 'em early. And I did spray with neem about 10 days ago as a preventative.

Sadly, I found the little bastards on my two best plants, the Blue Dreams. I almost didn't notice the spots....cause they're right among the frosting.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm also glad this happened....great experience for a practice grow.

Picture10.jpg

Here's something that Andy recommended and a link to a thread:

Mite-Rid - For The Effective Treatment Of Two Spotted & Red Spider Mite

Here's another product carried by one of our sponsors that I've heard works well:

724470 - General Hydroponics AzaMax

Winston Churchill:
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Thanks bro!
I sprayed with Einstein oil last night, and the plants fell over.....the extra moisture on the buds was too much for the roots in perlite. (my buds are gettin' big :smokin: )

I didn't kill the plants....and this morning I went out and looked at things and I found some dead mites, but plenty of eggs. I wiped the eggs off a few dozen leaves and today I'm going to find what I need to kill these Fuuckers..... There is no way in hell I'm not going to harvest, and if it wasn't for these things I'd have a hell of a harvest.

I'm actually pretty stoked this happened on my first grow....I'll go into serious production with a bit more experience under my belt.

Thanks for all your help! I'll give an update later.

Oh, here's question: How long can the plant live with a mite infestation if nothing is done? In other words, if I had 3 weeks till harvest, would doing nothing be an option?

Doc , mites can ruin a whole crop in a matter of weeks or even days if conditions are just right , it is better to deal with them as soon as you find them.

The best way to deal with infestations is prevention , I spray with an insecticide once a week , about a 1/4 second spray into the oscilating fan that blows over my plants , then I shut the door on my way out , I have never had any pest problem.

A 1/4 second spray once a week adds up to a 3 second spray over a 12 week grow period , not too toxic in my opinon.

As for that weird plant of yours , sometimes there is just no reason for it , some plants just grow weird , sometimes it can even work to your advantage , I had one that grew virtually no leaves , just some little tiny purple ones.

I let it grow and it eventually produced almost 1/2 pound of nice bud , If i can find a pic of it I will post it and show you.

Another thing I have found with the hempy's , the water in the resevoir can become stagnant after a while , I will let them dry out occasionally (maybe every two weeks) , just until the plant almost starts to wilt , then overfill with pure water once before starting with the nutes again.

Either that or overfill them every time so that lots of runoff comes out the drain holes , that effectively flushes them , that way uses lots of water though and I try to keep my humidity down so the first way works best for me.

Your grow is looking good dude.

Back
Top Bottom