DocBud's Hempy Grow

You can use any soil-less medium you want in those. Perlite/vermiculite would work great.
I read a bunch of info on that site for the autopots. One of their 'case studies' for lack of a better phrase is a melon farm in Malaysia. 20K pots and they are using broken bricks and the like for a growing medium. If I decide to go hydro, I may have to try these autopots. Pretty fascinating.

I read a bunch of info on that site for the autopots. One of their 'case studies' for lack of a better phrase is a melon farm in Malaysia. 20K pots and they are using broken bricks and the like for a growing medium. If I decide to go hydro, I may have to try these autopots. Pretty fascinating.

I think so too.

You can also buy the "Smart-Valve" separately for about $20, weigh it down and stick it in a flood tray, and roll your own system.

The company recommends a 50/50 mix of coco and coarse agricultural Perlite as the medium. That probably works great, but you could use any soil-less medium that wicks and retains water well.

No problems with over or under watering either.

You won't regret this method for growing. It's just easy....and it works really good.

Hi Doc:goodjob:

I'm sittin here thinking of a probably real dum question with an obvious answer.
What happens if the lights go out? No electricity. Do you have generators or something like that?

As you know the lights go out in Hawaii allot. In the last two days the power has gone out here 3 times. It came back on after only a couple of minutes , but was enough to stop everything and I had to turn it all back on manually. You know HECO has problems here, The last earthquake knocked out the lights for a week.
Just wondering.:surf:

Hi Doc:goodjob:

I'm sittin here thinking of a probably real dum question with an obvious answer.
What happens if the lights go out? No electricity. Do you have generators or something like that?

As you know the lights go out in Hawaii allot. In the last two days the power has gone out here 3 times. It came back on after only a couple of minutes , but was enough to stop everything and I had to turn it all back on manually. You know HECO has problems here, The last earthquake knocked out the lights for a week.
Just wondering.:surf:

I've got no contingency plan if we lose power. I told my plants if that happens, it's the same as an eclipse outdoors. ;)

I do know that my light will go on again when the power is restored. Other than that.....nothing.

I've got no contingency plan if we lose power. I told my plants if that happens, it's the same as an eclipse outdoors. ;)

I do know that my light will go on again when the power is restored. Other than that.....nothing.

Yea that would the shits. But ur in Cali so there is less chance than here.

Cool on the light. Do have da kin safety on it? That will let it cool down a bit an then come on. Granny420 didn't have one and lost two bulbs.:thedoubletake:
:peace:

Yea that would the shits. But ur in Cali so there is less chance than here.

Cool on the light. Do have da kin safety on it? That will let it cool down a bit an then come on. Granny420 didn't have one and lost two bulbs.:thedoubletake:
:peace:

Yep. It has a hot-start 15 minute delay. However, it's NOT a digital ballast.

My grow buddy say it's the most reliable ballast out there, and while the digitals work well and don't flicker....he claims to see a good number of problems with the digitals. I wasn't trying to save money on my setup.....but was trying to buy the best.

My plants are going crazy.....stretch seems to have stopped and I've got white-haired buds everywhere. I'm going to wait a couple days for pics.....the new growth is :grinjoint:

Tunes, SS, OMM and anyone else nice enough to stop by:

Today marks the first day of the 3rd week of flowering. Stretch seems to be nearly over....the MH during the first 12 days helped, I think. The lower leaves are now a darker green, probably due to getting less light due to the overall height of the plants.....and we've got buds all over the dang place.

No sign of nute burn at all, things are looking good. The Blue Dream (larger 2 plants) drink a little more than a half gallon of water per day. Somewhat less for the others.

I need some camera lessons. I'll do some reading today. There are white hairs all over the place.
IMG_00764.JPG

The top of the Jack Herer
IMG_00772.JPG

IMG_00786.JPG

White Widow in the foreground, Flo in the background
IMG_00796.JPG

Wow, what a day.

Winds gusting to 60mph, with sheets of rain....all blowing directly into the door of my grow room. Water seeped in under the door, the floor is wet.

All electrical is up off the floor, so no problem there.....but the power went out.

So, I went in to check on the young ladies during the dark cycle, and the temp was 69, but the RH was also 69% Too high.

The de-humidifier was running until the power went out....I'll have a chance to mop up tonite if the rain decreases a bit. In the mean time, I put two bleach soaked towells in the path of where the water leaks in, the hopefull that will kill any mildew, bugs or other kooties that might get in.

Questions for experienced growers:

1.)Am I going to have any problems from getting the RH up that high for say....a day or two?
2.)am I going to have any problems from a slight bleachy smell in the air for a day or two?

I've lived here for over 6 years, used to store medical files where my grow room is now, and NEVER has it flooded before. This is one hell of a storm.

Damn Doc
I am so sorry. I hope you can recover.
I feel weird now since I asked you about the very thing that happened.

If you go here:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/my-420th-post-its-good-one-5.99555/
It might cheer you up a little.

I'll recover just fine....thanks for the concern. It's just some water on the floor, haven't missed a light cycle or anything. The rain and wind have already dropped off a bit, but still pretty intense out there. By tomorrow morning everything should be fine. I don't think a day of high humidity is going to kill them, and the buds are small, so no bud rot should set in.....

It is very strange that you just asked me about that.

Lessons learned:

Keep all of your electrical off the floor!

Get a de-humidifier AND a humidifier (even if it's just buckets of water) You never know when you need to take extreme environtmental action.

If at all possible, have a drain in your grow room floor. I don't but I wish I did. Life would be very, very easy with that.

Nice move and should work exactly as planned.

I think your attention to detail and planning helped avoid a major, grow room mishap. This is a model grow for first-timers experiencing the unexpected.

And OldMed is crazy psychic. :smokin:

No, it should not be a problem. It's early in flower and the most common reason for mold issues is swings in day/night temps, not simply high relative humidity.

Nah, open the door a little and keep the air moving. No worries, disaster averted.:goodjob:

The wife and I just had few tokes, went in the hot tub, in the pouring rain, came in, started watching King of The Hill, pretty decent evening. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And now, I hear that my plants will probably be OK. Excellent.

Now I've got to figure out how to seal the door from heavy rain and sixty MPH winds blowing right into it.

Day 18 of flower.

All is well from the rains and flooding. RH is a little higher than normal, got up as high as 69% yesterday, was 51% when I took these pics a few minutes ago.

I need to learn how to use my camera. I want to show the white hairs and little bits of frosting.....

The first one is FLO. The leaves that grow out of the bud sites on her are curly and squiggly....other than that she looks very healthy and vibrant, great color, great bud formation....but this plant has grown weird from day one.
IMG_00816.JPG

next, the top of Jack Herer.
IMG_00825.JPG

finally, the whole garden. The two Blue Dreams in front each have more buds on them than the other 3 plants combined. They're also getting frosty on the tops of the leaves, and they drink like crazy.
IMG_00833.JPG

IMG_00916.JPG

Flo's top, below.
IMG_00924.JPG

DAMN!

thats a Beast dude... good god... sativa i take it?.. i dont remember, i used to look at buds on seed company's websites salivating back in the day and i liked that one is all lol.... but damn 15ft tall is a tree!

Back
Top Bottom