DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Ok I have a little update. Pics are from last Friday. I gave all the girls in the flower room straight RO water drink. They all had a drench last time, so just water this time. I also add some 1 Tbsp Epsoms to one of the HBOG's, I know they will need it with the old Doc formula, but I want to compare the timing and results with the other OG next to her.

The Blue dream I have is at day 60 post flip. It is a 9-10 week strain

420-magazine-mobile1149428052.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1135569032.jpg

The two Older HBOGs I have are at day 51 post flip. These are starting to get more resin glands. The leaf tips are burned, perhaps a bit to much GE last time?

420-magazine-mobile454502252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile34354905.jpg

Oh and here I have some pics I took of my wife's bowl cleaning trick...

She fills the glass with rubbing alcohol, a Tbsp of coarse salt, then adds the bowl, and tops the glass off with hot water. The hot water creates this rise and fall of the solution which scrubs the inside of the bowl. You can see the soot flow out of the mouthpiece and cloud up the top of the solution. She takes it out a few hours later and rinses out

420-magazine-mobile589837455.jpg
420-magazine-mobile510610859.jpg

I have some work to do tonight so I'll get some pics and report back in...take care

DL

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Man that Blue Dream is looking spectacular DL!

Man that Blue Dream is looking spectacular DL!

Thanks Beav, thanks for stopping by! I have never grown BD...this is the first one. Can't wait to try her out.

I thought burning the tips was from too much tea. I may be mistaken though. Ladies are looking lovely! I can only hope our BD turns purple.

Hi Nismo

You may be right. I have not isolated what caused this. Thanks for the clue...I need to look into this...maybe post a pic for Doc in his journal to get his opinion...he's so busy though... I'll probably search the forums first.

Ok I have a little update. Pics are from last Friday. I gave all the girls in the flower room straight RO water drink. They all had a drench last time, so just water this time. I also add some 1 Tbsp Epsoms to one of the HBOG's, I know they will need it with the old Doc formula, but I want to compare the timing and results with the other OG next to her.

The Blue dream I have is at day 60 post flip. It is a 9-10 week strain

420-magazine-mobile1149428052.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1135569032.jpg

The two Older HBOGs I have are at day 51 post flip. These are starting to get more resin glands. The leaf tips are burned, perhaps a bit to much GE last time?

420-magazine-mobile454502252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile34354905.jpg

Oh and here I have some pics I took of my wife's bowl cleaning trick...

She fills the glass with rubbing alcohol, a Tbsp of coarse salt, then adds the bowl, and tops the glass off with hot water. The hot water creates this rise and fall of the solution which scrubs the inside of the bowl. You can see the soot flow out of the mouthpiece and cloud up the top of the solution. She takes it out a few hours later and rinses out

420-magazine-mobile589837455.jpg
420-magazine-mobile510610859.jpg

I have some work to do tonight so I'll get some pics and report back in...take care

DL

Hi DL,

That Blue Dream is looking divine....that one is always in my lineup, as I grow that perpetually....

But holy cow, newsflash....your wife's technique of cleaning the pipe has gotten me all fired up....can't wait to try it! Always a pain in the butt, but I don't like a dirty pipe either......:thanks:

Hi DL,

That Blue Dream is looking divine....that one is always in my lineup, as I grow that perpetually....

But holy cow, newsflash....your wife's technique of cleaning the pipe has gotten me all fired up....can't wait to try it! Always a pain in the butt, but I don't like a dirty pipe either......:thanks:
Hey there Shawnee! So glad you like the Blue Dream...I've never grown it, or been under her influence, but am excited to try. I've remember reading you had some of these...and really digged it.

And the bowl cleaning is new to me also...I was watching her prepare it, and asked her about it, she showed me and I was fascinated with the chimney effect...had to take pictures.;)

Can those tips possibly be from BRIX 'pooling' on the tips?
I usually give the a jiggle; a few minutes after I spray them to rid the leaf tips of xs spray.

Hi Ziggs, thanks for the suggestion!
You may be right...I will pay more attention to this to see if that happens. I really want to fine tune this...I know these strains can do more. Good thing I write everything down.;)

Ok next post I have some updates!

Everyone please help yourself to a hit of this if you're so inclined

420-magazine-mobile292554932.jpg

Ok everyone feel good?? Me too! ;)

Headband OG is such a treat...a cross between EC sour diesel x OG Kush. If you sit quietly and be calm you can feel a subtle constriction on your head..like a loosely tied Headband...

Ok big night in the garden of joy, and joyous it was.

First some pics of the BD(64 days pf)
420-magazine-mobile1201824398.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1504731196.jpg

HBOG, and NLH (55 days pf)

Whoops...hit the reply button by accident and couldn't edit...?? Oh well... let us continue...

HBOG, and NLH (55 days pf)
420-magazine-mobile1778613775.jpg
420-magazine-mobile641954697.jpg

This NLH is one crazy plant, long weighty colas with very little leaf to trim. Starting to really get candy lemony smelling. One of the plants I added 1 cup EWC at recharge, the other I didn't. Seems the NLH is a lighter feeder... I'm gonna try to back off on my drenches next time I grow her...see how she responds.
420-magazine-mobile788309853.jpg
420-magazine-mobile307639785.jpg

Watered all four with 1/2 GE drench with 1/4 TP and 1/2 tea in 6 gal RO water

New pistils on the Bubblegum at day 18 pf
420-magazine-mobile1046742842.jpg

And the HBOG
420-magazine-mobile1321246443.jpg

Gave a GE - 25TP - tea drench in 7 gals of water to all four of them. More to the sativa dominant HBOG, they are bigger and drink more. Speaking of which, they are tall and bushy...this may get interesting

See the size difference... indica dom vs sativa dom.
420-magazine-mobile451612280.jpg

Culled all the clones in the aero unit. I unplugged it 5 days ago...to take a photo...the clones just live and grow...there roots are so long they are submersed in the 4" of water.
420-magazine-mobile503546251.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2120687747.jpg

Lastly,

I did the first dunk of the clones I planted in 1 gal pots full of Docs soil, since their transplant. It's been 13 days and they are thirsty, and ready to get a drink of straight RO water....GE drench next time

420-magazine-mobile844769151.jpg
420-magazine-mobile195085953.jpg

Phew...bed time..sweet dreams

DL

Glad I finally found this Journal!! Took long enough!! Bice work going on over her!!! ..

I gotta start making a list of strains I want to grow...that Nitro Lemon Haze looks like a keeper

Hi Achiever, yes the NLH is a keeper, I'm still fine tuning the needs of this strain. Both times I gave second Cat Drench, tips would burn right after that. I need to adjust the concentration down a bit, maybe cut it in half like 1/2 oz per 6 plants instead of the 1oz I did. This strain has easily half the amount of leaves as any of the other sativa dom strains I have run. I'm not sure if there is a relationship there. I do know that the one I gave the 1 cup of EWC to, did not like it...leaves burned more than the one I did not give any to.

Glad I finally found this Journal!! Took long enough!! Bice work going on over her!!! ..

Hey Seven, thanks man!
Glad you found this journal. I'm trying to help anyone that needs to see another's approach to Docs high brix Blend system...and of coarse we all benefit from each other's observations and questions.

DL

Heck yeah. I wish I was as good with updates as you all are. I just not as dedicated to that part yet lol. I can say that my second grow is going so much better than the first!! I've learned so much and I haven't even broke the surface yet. I should have some updated pics today once they girl wake up here in a bit.

that bubblegum pic has me swooning....my absolute favorite stage of growth......:circle-of-love:

I've got Eric Clapton on Live in San Diego in 2016 so the vibe at the Shawnee Ranch is way cool.....

Just potted up 6 newly sprouted seeds in 1 gallon pots today....have 6 more behind that started today.....3 are Blue Dream.....

Heck yeah. I wish I was as good with updates as you all are. I just not as dedicated to that part yet lol. I can say that my second grow is going so much better than the first!! I've learned so much and I haven't even broke the surface yet. I should have some updated pics today once they girl wake up here in a bit.

Hi Seven

I find the journal process fun, sharing and learning really gets me pumped. I feel I can be part of the bigger picture here....helping others grow their own. I take immense pride in what I grow and knowing that the end produce is free of harmful substances to the best of my ability, and adhering to a organic code of conduct that an unscrupulous grower may flagrantly ignore. With recreational legalization now voted in by the People in my State, I can see the political machine, full of corruption and greed, building steam. It can be beaten...or at least beaten back, by educating inquisitive folks who like to partake, that growing your own has so many healthy benefits. This is DocBud's mission, that is what attracted me to his process here...and of course all you fine folks that can see this too. That's why we are all here. This journal is a very small piece of that big picture. If it can help others...great! If I can give back what I have been given...Awesome! If I can learn what One has to teach...Thank you!

that bubblegum pic has me swooning....my absolute favorite stage of growth......:circle-of-love:

I've got Eric Clapton on Live in San Diego in 2016 so the vibe at the Shawnee Ranch is way cool.....

Just potted up 6 newly sprouted seeds in 1 gallon pots today....have 6 more behind that started today.....3 are Blue Dream.....

Hi Shawnee

Ah yes Clapton.....I am looking at the set list now...lots of JJ Cale tunes...EC loves him. I play blues guitar, and can always find time for EC on the boom box. Crank it Sista!

Bubblegum is a fine smoke indeed. Heavy indica effect, but not too couch lock. Great at the end of the day when you want to just kick back and feel comfortable. Everyone that smokes it is enamored with the flavor...bazooka Joe.

I have 4 more BD that are on deck in the 1 gal pots. They will be in the flower room in a month or so. I can't wait to try the one I have that is almost done. She is at 66 days pf today. When do you harvest yours? My understanding is that it is a 63-70 day stain, and because it is a Blueberry cross, really needs a 1 month cure to bring out the true fruitiness that lingers within. What is your experience Shawnee?

I'm not Shawnee, but my High Brix BD came down at 70 days, and indeed did get better as the weeks passed in cure. 3 weeks is the minimum time in the jar and it got better up to about 3 months.

Hi Seven

I find the journal process fun, sharing and learning really gets me pumped. I feel I can be part of the bigger picture here....helping others grow their own. I take immense pride in what I grow and knowing that the end produce is free of harmful substances to the best of my ability, and adhering to a organic code of conduct that an unscrupulous grower may flagrantly ignore. With recreational legalization now voted in by the People in my State, I can see the political machine, full of corruption and greed, building steam. It can be beaten...or at least beaten back, by educating inquisitive folks who like to partake, that growing your own has so many healthy benefits. This is DocBud's mission, that is what attracted me to his process here...and of course all you fine folks that can see this too. That's why we are all here. This journal is a very small piece of that big picture. If it can help others...great! If I can give back what I have been given...Awesome! If I can learn what One has to teach...Thank you!

Hi Shawnee

Ah yes Clapton.....I am looking at the set list now...lots of JJ Cale tunes...EC loves him. I play blues guitar, and can always find time for EC on the boom box. Crank it Sista!

Bubblegum is a fine smoke indeed. Heavy indica effect, but not too couch lock. Great at the end of the day when you want to just kick back and feel comfortable. Everyone that smokes it is enamored with the flavor...bazooka Joe.

I have 4 more BD that are on deck in the 1 gal pots. They will be in the flower room in a month or so. I can't wait to try the one I have that is almost done. She is at 66 days pf today. When do you harvest yours? My understanding is that it is a 63-70 day stain, and because it is a Blueberry cross, really needs a 1 month cure to bring out the true fruitiness that lingers within. What is your experience Shawnee?

Im popping an Auto Bubblegum(found some vintage BG other day too :) need to try it soon :) ) in the Auto -Solo Cup Competition. :thumb:

Hi Seven

Hi Shawnee

Hi DL,

I'm with the Gov; 9 weeks is when I harvest the Blue Dream.....in the summer I cure for a definite 2 weeks due to the humidity here, but out the door it all goes after that....it is a favorite with my patients around here, so it stays in my lineup....have a great day, DL! Love that you play blues guitar, I can't get enough of it.....

Back
Top Bottom