DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG / Bubblegum combo grow

Looking really good there DL. Nice excellent root production too.

I always fill my pots to the top or close to the top, but only fill loosely. As the first 2 weeks pass and they get a foothold and the soil settles, it leaves just enough room on top for the early-bloom topdressing. Once I spread the ewc, recharge and roots powder, I always top off with a few solo cups of soil then water it all in.

Either way, your method seems to be working well for you. Keep up the good work.

Well said and exactly what I do. When I put soil in a pot I just loosely put it in. I never understood why people pack it down. I love just sprinkling the soil loosely almost all the way. The roots shoot right through it and will suspend the soil before it becomes too compact. The roots then fill it up like a soil sponge. And just like you that gives me a little room at recharge time. It also seems to make a nice depressed cone of soil that holds the water while it is soaking in.

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG / Bubblegum combo grow

Well said and exactly what I do. When I put soil in a pot I just loosely put it in. I never understood why people pack it down. I love just sprinkling the soil loosely almost all the way. The roots shoot right through it and will suspend the soil before it becomes too compact. The roots then fill it up like a soil sponge. And just like you that gives me a little room at recharge time. It also seems to make a nice depressed cone of soil that holds the water while it is soaking in.

Thanks for sharing that, I will have to pay attention to the difference between loose and mildly compacted soil. My girls in flower now were filled loosely, and I need to add some more soil to top them off tonight.

You guys bring up some good points!

The particular strain I'm running is a heavy feeder in early bloom and no matter what I tried it would hit that wall mid-bloom until I started adding this. At first I tried skipping the recharge thinking it was too strong and burning the plant, then I tried it with the recharge and a little ewc and found it was better but still not what I was looking for. Simply through trial and error I've settled on this regimen. The OG I'm running now is a minimal feeder comparatively (or at least it's a low-drinker) and a little recharge was all it needed.

If at all possible, I'd suggest running a particular strain several times and finding its sweet spot.

Agreed, I've run the OG all three grows, and trying to pay attention to her needs and make adjustments based off my notes from the previous grows. Notes are your friend. ;)

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Good morning,

Last night I gave 6 gallons total to the 4 plants (2- Headband OG & 2- Nitro lemon haze) in the flower room, my 2nd DBHHB grow. They are at 29 days post flip. They already got both cat drenches , 1 straight h20 with tea and 25%TP, and last night i gave them a GE, tea, 25%TP drench. They have been stacking hard and their metabolism is high. I feed every 3 days for the last two weeks. This has made a huge difference over my first grow. I'm curious if the more frequent drenches with less water is part of this difference. Last grow I was using 2-2.5gal per plant and watering every 6-7 days.

I'm going to alternate the GE vs TP from here on out with RO water in between

I added some soil to top off the pots. On two of the plants one OG and one NLH I added a cup of EWC in addition to the promix. I want to see if it helps with the mid-late bloom fade I saw last grow. I'm just starting to see it now, and I'm prob a bit too late, but I'm not afraid to experiment. I also did a much more thorough job mixing the soil and cooking it, that these plants are in. Last grow I fought leaf taco, and was chasing what I and others thought was a mg def, but this Time no leaf curl, and no Epsoms.

The HBOG got 4 pvc stakes with a support rubber covered wire at the top. Her stems are so much more pliable than the NLH, leaves are softer to.

In fact I don't know how the NLH supports its growth, it is almost all Buds, very little leaves.

Here is some pics of Headband OG

420-magazine-mobile742473502.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473463911.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1647543531.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1768069862.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2091739048.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1863467851.jpg
420-magazine-mobile784746559.jpg

And here is the Nitro Lemon Haze

420-magazine-mobile160604035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376858660.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1157467755.jpg

After the 2nd cat drench the NLH leaf tips slightly burnt, you can see it in the pic. It did this last grow too but worse than this time. Might need to back off a little more on the cat next time

Take care gang and thanks for stopping by ;)

DL

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Tonight gonna do a little trimming, and take a sneak toke of the Bubblegum I have curing...it smells so intoxicatingly good.

I wanted to show what I use to water the plants with. I use a 5 gallon bucket mixed with Doc's gear, put it on a dolly, drop a pump connected to a wand spray with a shutoff valve, plug her in and water away. I can control the flow with the valve and the wand gently sprinkles the water out.

Well have good night,

Take care,

DL
420-magazine-mobile218134999.jpg
420-magazine-mobile167324785.jpg
420-magazine-mobile939881184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile817380515.jpg

Your garden is humming. I really like what I see. That lemon nitro is going to get BIG.

Thanks Shiggity! Last time I grew the Nitro I let it grow, and never topped. DOC suggested it to see what it did. This time I tipped and LST and have a short bush. It will be cool to compare the difference when harvest time comes.

You can see it untopped in this pic, its to the far right in the corner. From my last grow
420-magazine-mobile1357613542.jpg

Tonight gonna do a little trimming, and take a sneak toke of the Bubblegum I have curing...it smells so intoxicatingly good.

I wanted to show what I use to water the plants with. I use a 5 gallon bucket mixed with Doc's gear, put it on a dolly, drop a pump connected to a wand spray with a shutoff valve, plug her in and water away. I can control the flow with the valve and the wand gently sprinkles the water out.

Well have good night,

Take care,

DL
420-magazine-mobile218134999.jpg
420-magazine-mobile167324785.jpg
420-magazine-mobile939881184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile817380515.jpg

Dude... thats an awesome idea! If i had more than 2 to water at a time this is what id do... great thinking man!

Dude... thats an awesome idea! If i had more than 2 to water at a time this is what id do... great thinking man!

Thanks dajerm!

Makes it so much easier to get into tight spots, and takes a load off the wrists and arms. I purge fresh water through when I'm done to clean it for next use.

Not much to show tonight. They are still recovering from some LST, and hooking into the new soil in the 15s. Should see some growth in a week or so. Still running on there watering at transplant.
I'm thinking another week or two till they go to the flower room.

Have a good night

420-magazine-mobile719276513.jpg

Very pro, subbed up to watch this unfold to its logical fat bud conclusion

Thanks UA! Hope these girls deliver. Each grow I learn something new about them.

How's everyone doing...I have some pics to show some more training of the vegging girls. I found some really cool rubber/foam covered wire tied at the local grow shop. These things are soft on the plant but really grip what they hook on to.

The plants have recovered nicely from the topping and Low Stress Training (LST) I did last week. Now I'm pulling the branches out with the green ties, hooking them to the pot, to open up the plant and allow the lower and inner growth to fill in and catch up. I'm seeking an even canopy to take full advantage of the lights footprint. This will provide maximum yield. These plants are building roots right now, and I can see that they are "grabbing" the soil, as Duggan would say. I still have not watered since transplant 8 days ago, and they still have some weight to them. I want to let the soil dry, so the roots really search and spread. They will be ready for a drink soon.

420-magazine-mobile435467708.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1902741296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile80329312.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2102368786.jpg

The clones are doing well...I have roots on a bunch already. This DIY aero clones is killer! Set it up and forget it, recycle timer does the on/off cycle. I probably had roots on a few a couple days ago, I just checked now. These High Brix Plants seem to root very quickly. Once the roots get 4 or so inches long I move them to 1 gal pots and inoculate the roots with Doc Bud's Roots! powder and pot them in cooked soil. Has worked like a Charm!

420-magazine-mobile666982225.jpg
420-magazine-mobile661496279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1422535787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile692785491.jpg

Thanks for joining the show.

Have a good one

DL

Drench Time in the flower room

Mixed up 6-7 gallons of transplant drench with some tea, per instructions, and fed equally to the 4 ladies in flower at 35 days post flip. 2/3 of it goes on top, the other 1/3 goes in the saucer. Then gave all the plants in both rooms a Destress foliar spray on the undersides of the leaves. 2 cups of RO water to 1.5tsp of DS.

420-magazine-mobile1088260397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile910679360.jpg

Adios Amigos

Phew.. just got done a bunch of work in the grow room.

First I removed both 600 hps lights so I could use the intake and exhaust that was cooling the hood for my flower room exhaust. It was getting up to 85-86f peak so I needed to do some more fine tuning. I added a charcoal filter to this system, and got some nice cool air blowing in there now. I centered the two led 525's and added one of the 600w hps to the end. I have a second exhaust fan that sucks from the flower room and exhausts to the veg room. I have it sucking through the hps hood, we will see how it works, the past 3 hours temps are in the mid 70's. The veg room has a 8" exhaust with another charcoal filter, and a hepa intake filter in the sealed door for a intake. There are a lot of combinations of ways to duct all this and I have tested most of them....how will you know what's best unless you try them all! Ha

Moved the 4 veg pots in the flower room...today is FLIP for them. I added more supports to the two Nitro Lemon Haze plants, they were tipping over from the bud weight.
The flower room is almost to full capacity.
420-magazine-mobile277283237.jpg

Gave everyone some Brix foliar feeding and called it a night.

Take care
DL

Back
Top Bottom