DopyLemontree's High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow Jour

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Top of the morning to ya!

Yesterday gave a transplant drench to kick in the bloom phase for the newest ladies in the flower room. They should really start taking off now. I am really enjoying the bubblegum and Headband OG I have that is cured....wow!

Well it is safe to say that they have found all the soil in the 15 gal pots now...we have liftoff!

420-magazine-mobile2089450504.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1516904080.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1633353427.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1992106245.jpg

Time to transplant the rooted closes tonight or the next night. Of all the strains the Headband and bubblegum root the quickest and with consistent results. I like these two stains...just got to fine tune their individual needs.

420-magazine-mobile289665108.jpg

Have a great day folks

Re: DopyLemontree's DocBud High Brix Soil Blend - Headband OG & Bubblegum Combo Grow

Yep ready to explode...looking awesome DL!

Good evening folks

Tonight I transplanted the clones I wanted to keep.

First I opened up some batch #3 DBHBB soil I have had cooking for a couple months...it's the first run of this batch. Since the roots get long using the aero cloner, I nip off the tips so I have 6-8 in long roots.

420-magazine-mobile1790271164.jpg

This is the holding cup. Keeps the roots from drying out, while I'm transplanting the others.
420-magazine-mobile1645924682.jpg

I get the 1 gallon square pots half full of soil on the side of the pot, a little soil on the bottom, dust a Tbsp of Roots powder, prep the clone, lay it in there being sure the Roots powder gets all over the clone's roots, fill with soil centering the clone in the pot. Label and record the clone info, and some RO water.
420-magazine-mobile177694731.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2069784694.jpg
420-magazine-mobile411771837.jpg

I must say I like these 1 gallon plastic square pots. They are tapered, so pulling the plant to upcan is a cinch and nesting them is easy and good for storage. The top lip is rolled, giving it rigidity, and the drain holes come right up the sides 3-4 inches on the corners. This is great for Doc's drench dunking method.

Ok under the 525 led for 18/6...looking a little faded...that's what happens in the aero when they stay in there a little to long... I don't like to introduce anything more than a titch of Karma...I like them to hit the soil looking for minerals and nutrients. They will find this soil in a week or so, and green right up.

420-magazine-mobile1575885451.jpg

Have a good one!

DL

Great update, I like your clear process of clone transplanting

I agree! That was well down sir! Think ima need to build me one of those, I mean look at those roots! Awesome work!

Man I am getting so excited to see these updates! Can't wait for the fireworks to start because these girls are bangin

Thanks guys! I'm excited with each grow, especially to apply everything I learned from the previous grow. The HEADBAND OG will need Epsoms, it has shown me that the last two grows...just need to find the right time to apply. I'm still on Docs older formula, next grow will be on the new one, and will have to see how the OG reacts to it without any Epsoms. The Bubblegum seems to like the soil as is....we will see this time

DL

Thanks guys! I'm excited with each grow, especially to apply everything I learned from the previous grow. The HEADBAND OG will need Epsoms, it has shown me that the last two grows...just need to find the right time to apply. I'm still on Docs older formula, next grow will be on the new one, and will have to see how the OG reacts to it without any Epsoms. The Bubblegum seems to like the soil as is....we will see this time

DL

Yeah I just ordered some of the new formula and it's being shipped right now. I still have quite a bit of the old stuff. Like your Headband OG, my Blue Dream is a salt lover and I understand none of that will be needed with the new GE and Transplant formulas. I'm pumped about that as I'll probably really mostly only grow the hybrids and frankenstrains. Maybe occasionally a landrace but maybe never. Nismo has been using the new formula on his grow, he's grown the same BD strain before, and he believes he's seeing big improvement in his plants.

After seeing that, I decided to bite the bullet and order the new stuff. I'll just hold the old stuff as backup. No more need for epsoms or bloodmeal which is very good.

I've used up all my old GE, but still have a few ounces of old transplant. I'm 3 weeks from harvesting a group that have been on the new formulas all the way through flower. I won't say emphatically they're better until I harvest, but in week 5, they DO look a little better.

Yeah I just ordered some of the new formula and it's being shipped right now. I still have quite a bit of the old stuff. Like your Headband OG, my Blue Dream is a salt lover and I understand none of that will be needed with the new GE and Transplant formulas. I'm pumped about that as I'll probably really mostly only grow the hybrids and frankenstrains. Maybe occasionally a landrace but maybe never. Nismo has been using the new formula on his grow, he's grown the same BD strain before, and he believes he's seeing big improvement in his plants.

After seeing that, I decided to bite the bullet and order the new stuff. I'll just hold the old stuff as backup. No more need for epsoms or bloodmeal which is very good.

you can grow amazing healthy flowers, herbs, & produce(tomatoes, squash, bean, peas, etc) with the old stuff..just say'n.:)

Hi Beav
Yeah I hear ya...I took the opposite route, I'm trying to use up the old stuff first...it's almost gone. I have a Blue dream just finishing up. It was kind of a side project...I almost killed it when it was young, but nursed it back with Docs Gear. Then decided to throw it into a 7 gal pot and put it in the flower room. It has lived on the edge of the lights footprint, and has done surprisingly well. Starting to turn blue and purple.
420-magazine-mobile1731128008.jpg

I've used up all my old GE, but still have a few ounces of old transplant. I'm 3 weeks from harvesting a group that have been on the new formulas all the way through flower. I won't say emphatically they're better until I harvest, but in week 5, they DO look a little better.

What's up Gov!
Well that's good news...that's when my hit the wall, right around week 5-6. Next grow I'll be on the new stuff

you can grow amazing healthy flowers, herbs, & produce(tomatoes, squash, bean, peas, etc) with the old stuff..just say'n.:)

Hey Ziggs....yes I have been feeding my herb garden with the left over drenches and...BAM!!!! They are cranking like never before. Elderberry, Valeriana officinalis, creeping dewberry, etc. they all love it

420-magazine-mobile1693791333.jpg

Bubblegum starting to show her intentions!!

420-magazine-mobile244508314.jpg

She's passing the torch to the next generation

420-magazine-mobile2004722870.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1595687143.jpg

Nitro Lemon Haze at day 44 post flip

420-magazine-mobile610681302.jpg

Blue Dream...side project I've had on the outskirts of the grow room. She has done surprising well. She's at 54 days post flip

Have a great day everyone!!

DL

Good morning everyone!

Well...last night was drench time in the grow room. The 4 mature ladies at 46 days post flip got a 1oz GE+ 2.5ml tea+ 1/4 TP in 6 gallons of RO water equally distributed between them. Trying to get that finish bulk on. The Nitro Lemon Haze is one radical plant. The bud to leaf ratio is amazing! It's like all bud! The Headband OG is much more leafy...and not as resinous as the NLH.
420-magazine-mobile1345374714.jpg

Couldn't edit my last unfinished post, so this is part 2

The other 4 young ladies got 1oz TP + 2.5ml tea mixed in 6 gallons of RO water. The 2 HBOG are out of control. I will have my hands full with these two. They are getting big, and still have some more stretching to do. I need to build a support for each pot, and thin out a lot of the inner and low canopy growth still. In the next couple of nights I will do this.
420-magazine-mobile443948240.jpg
420-magazine-mobile171130613.jpg

The Bubblegum is such a cool plant. In the future I want to grow a whole flower room full of this one. Such stout structure and strong branching, and the buds taste like pink bubblegum cotton candy. Very smooth smoke.

420-magazine-mobile204618574.jpg
420-magazine-mobile99765454.jpg

Removed all the wire ties that were training the branches down where I want them. Rolled everybody back into their place and took one final shot
420-magazine-mobile1483778267.jpg

Have a good day!

DL

Hi Beav
Yeah I hear ya...I took the opposite route, I'm trying to use up the old stuff first...it's almost gone. I have a Blue dream just finishing up. It was kind of a side project...I almost killed it when it was young, but nursed it back with Docs Gear. Then decided to throw it into a 7 gal pot and put it in the flower room. It has lived on the edge of the lights footprint, and has done surprisingly well. Starting to turn blue and purple.
420-magazine-mobile1731128008.jpg

What's up Gov!
Well that's good news...that's when my hit the wall, right around week 5-6. Next grow I'll be on the new stuff

Hey Ziggs....yes I have been feeding my herb garden with the left over drenches and...BAM!!!! They are cranking like never before. Elderberry, Valeriana officinalis, creeping dewberry, etc. they all love it

Wow that BD is looking awesome DL!

Hey Gang,

Hope everyone is well!

Last night I did a little cleaning up of the lower canopy, and reducing the number of cola sites...all in the lower canopy that will not get any productive light.

The OG is vigorous and needed a good thinning. Man she wants to pump out some buds I can feel it!
420-magazine-mobile317060646.jpg

The Bubblegum got a much lighter trim. I just removed a few branches and yellowing leaves in the lower canopy.
420-magazine-mobile191211371.jpg

The clones are starting to get some fresh color in the newest growth. They love this soil and are building roots. I still have not watered these since the transplant from the aero cloner. Let em dry out, then I'll give them a drench.
420-magazine-mobile653359492.jpg

See the color change in the newer growth
420-magazine-mobile1449929584.jpg

These three bigger plants were an experiment. I took 20 clones from a flowering plant 40+days post flip, and I got three to root. It is much more difficult to root late flowing plants. These three are the survivors. I didn't want to lose these pheno's before I sampled the goods. They are cranking now
420-magazine-mobile1489631806.jpg

This is just a brag here....look at these clones and their roots. I already took the ones I want, but kept these going just so you can see how fast the roots grow. I haven't changed the water in two weeks, no ph check, just plain clone abuse! But they keep going. I'll cull these soon enough, and always hate doing it but....hey they didn't make the cut.

420-magazine-mobile602488239.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2011438714.jpg

Peace my friends,

DL

Back
Top Bottom