DrDan's Advanced Nutrients Hydro Grow, Afghan-Gooey and Others

Great Job!!

Thanks for the trellis instructions!

Thanks Acer, and I thought was misspelling trellis. I was just too stoned to worry about it at the time.:tokin:

Applause, Applause! :bravo:

:thanks::thanks::thanks: You are too kind.

Cool! I love DIY. :goodjob:

Thanks Green, I love it myself (obviously). At times I think I may be taking too many "simple" photos during construction, and I usually edit out some I did take. However, I think back to the days I was looking for visual references/aids to start my grow (didn't find this site till some months later like so many others here), and I really appreciated every single view. So I am just gonna have to get stoned, stop worrying so much and take PICS! Yall will just have to get stoned and :popcorn:
So here is a pic of My older ladies for a "can-parison".
Pepsi_never_looked_so_good_1.jpg

A quick update on room statistics and a plan for today's little adventure. The room cooled to 71 degrees last night and is rockin at 80 degrees this morning 2 hours after lights on. RH is at 50% thanks to my dehumidifier and I let loose the reserves of my Amazon warriors on them last night under cover of darkness. It was a surprise attack and from the position of my troops this morning, it appears the "Shock and Awe" campaign is well under way.

:goof: :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

And while my troops are conducting military operations, two new recruits will be introduced to the grow. The rooks are no mere raw recruits mind you. They are a pair of Mom's who felt it time to take the fight to them instead of sending thier daughters in thier place. I have a link with an embedded reporter who assures me he has a front row seat and will get all the intell and photos necessary. Check back at ooohh.... somethin somethin military time.. :tokin:

Wow looking very very nice! How much longer on this campaign?

SG

Thankyou very much Sanibel, the ladies you see before you in my can-parison shot are 7 weeks old today and the trichs are mostly cloudy with some clear and some amber. I am allowing this res. change to run 10 days then I will start flushing. I usually do a res. change every week, and today is the day I do it so they have 3 more days of nutes before flush.:cheer:

Ok, originally I wanted to move my F-13 and largest Afghan Gooey moms into the room. After laying awake all night planning the procedure and visualizing it, I realized I wouldn't have room for my two biggest mother plants. So we have instead, my largest Afghan Gooey mom and my BagSeed mom I call Big Girl or BG. The deed is done and the Moms are in the bloom room bringing the plant total of this grow to 12. They are only a few days behind at most so it won't make much of a difference in the end that they didn't all start together. I have done this once before when I knew I was going to have to move. It was so successful I just had to do it again. I couldn't just kill my beautiful moms and no one is ready for clones or a couple of plants at this time and I had to make room. And if you need me to, I can come up with a bunch of other excuses..:blunt:

Here are the pics from the embedded journalist as I promised.
7-24-10_AM.jpg

Good morning ladies, prepare for some very special additions to the troops.
7-24-10_Moms.jpg

Look out girls, Momma's commin.
s_roots.jpg

Momma Afghan's roots!
t_she.jpg

Close up of Momma Afghan before moving in to her new digs.
s_new_home.jpg

The Ladies new homes all plumbed in.
s_nestled_in.jpg

All snug in thier new buckets now, it was a brutal transition, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Moms_joining_the_cause.jpg

Note the lights are a bit high on the one end, Moms have been under T-5s so need a bit more hardening yet.
My_Amazon_Warriors2.jpg

My Amazon Warriors, 1500 strong! Pest control at it's finest and most organic.

That is about it for today, I still have one more res change to do so I must be off... after this bowl.:bongrip::peacetwo:

Sounds good sir what ratio of amber are you looking for?

SG

I am going for 50/50 to 30/70 cloudy to amber range. I have taken them earlier before and would like to see what more amber would do to the high. It is fairly heady for an Indica when you flush and take it mostly cloudy with a hint of amber. Generally 6-7 weeks then flush for 5-7 days, so this one I figure will take another week or so.:wood:

So here are some pics from this morning. The two moms have recovered nicely and the light is back in its place 8 to 10 inches above the cannopy. Temps are climbing here and I was looking to move the ballasts out of the room today. Unfortunately, I am on-call and it will be a rather time consuming and complex task to begin with and I can't afford to be pulled away in the middle of it. So instead, after this little update, I am going to move the resevoirs out of the closet in the room to outside the room completely. Should help with the resevoir temps a bit and it will make my life so much easier when it comes to res changes. I had been planning to do this for some time, just hadn't found the right time. Sit back and relax, cuz there is more to the show...:popcorn:
All_my_ladies_in_a_row.jpg

Moms_after_1st_12hr_night.jpg

Supercropped_7-25.jpg

A little bending and she fits just fine.:blunt:
Our_garden.jpg

The flowering room at full capacity.:slide:

The room temp was a low of 73 and currently a high of 86 degrees. RH is 50% and I leveled the light and raised it 2 inches. I am off to move my resevoirs, more exciting stuff to follow.:cheer:

Dr Dan,

You certainly had the cure for the droopy mom plant!! :headbanger::headbanger:

Why the sudden climb in room temps? :cough:

I went back on your journal and can't find out why...just curious.

Hiya Acer, the outdoor temps here have been in the 90s and with 4 1k lights goin it is hard to keep em below 84 to begin with. I will be getting an A/C in a bit so I can keep em cooler the rest of the summer. The hottest month is yet to come here. Eventually I will be going with a sealed room and CO2 enrichment via current technologies in water cooled burners.
I moved the resevoirs out of the room this evening before the last feed time. I am sure the res will run cooler just with that improvement and subsequently the plants will stay cooler at the roots.:wood:

I did not take into account the weather!! It has been hotter than a wiches tit here too!!! :hug:

Sounds like you have it under control, those additions to an already amazing setup will be nice :)

SG

Thanks Saniebel, I am anxious for the improvements. I know the girls will appreciate it.:cheer:

I did not take into account the weather!! It has been hotter than a wiches tit here too!!! :hug:

Yup, I know a few people that stop growing thier own medicine during the summer just because they don't have the ability to deal with the heat we can get. I am amazed at my ladies myself, they put up with more than I would.:smokin:

+ REP for my Deep Water Culture Brother.

Thanks Roseman, means alot coming from you. And since you have swung by, I best not dissapoint. Here are some pics and an update on the girls.
Temps got almost out of hand today, 88 was my high before lights out but only for about an hour. Mostly 86 degrees today with a low of 73 overnight. Rh has been spot on at 50% and res. temps are a cooler 74 degrees. I measured 78 degrees for a temp before I switched out the resevoir from the flowering room to outside the room. Tomorrow is a res change and an increase in ppm to around the 1500 range. Currently the ppm is 1145 and ph 5.76. The ladies used 5 gal. of water from yesterday's add back and I gave them another 5 tonight. Ppm is down to 1025 and ph unchanged.

Full_view_7-26.jpg

All the ladies in all thier glory. Moms on the left end, ATF and Big Bud on the right with Afghan Gooey in the middle.
Moms_doin_fine.jpg

Moms doin just fine.
Middle_of_the_pack.jpg

My ladies in the middle.
The_ATF_and_Big_Bud_end.jpg

The ladies on the right, 2 ATF and one Big Bud.
Supercrop_2_on_7-26.jpg

Two new supercrops this am, the ATF is getting to big for her britches.
Resevoir_room.jpg

Resevoirs_outside_grow_room.jpg

My flowering resevoirs relocated.
Seedlings_7-26.jpg

The babies in the cradle.

Thats all for today, move along... nothing more to see here..:grinjoint:

Dr Dan,

I notice on your large res you have an air hose.

Do put airstones in the Res's? :scratchinghead:

Back
Top Bottom