DrDan's Advanced Nutrients Hydro Grow, Afghan-Gooey and Others

:nicethread: All I can say is that you have an amazing garden of weedan!!:bravo:

Very coo setup, very professional and organized:welldone:

I am still just a learning among all you good gardeners so I am subscribed for the ride! Thanks for the time and effort your takin to make hte journal, I try to thank everyone who does it b/c it does take time and does help others to learn more and get educated about the wonders of MJ:thanks:

Thanks again and keep growin GOOD!:rollit:

You are the DOCTOR of WEED!!!! :nicethread:

Looking gorgeous man! Beautiful canopy :)

SG
:thanks:

Drdan, your garden is incredible. The size and health is awesome but the consistency and efficiency is what really blows me away. Maginficent! :welldone::bravo::nicethread:
You are too kind Bandit.:bigblush:

:nicethread: All I can say is that you have an amazing garden of weedan!!:bravo:

Very coo setup, very professional and organized:welldone:

I am still just a learning among all you good gardeners so I am subscribed for the ride! Thanks for the time and effort your takin to make hte journal, I try to thank everyone who does it b/c it does take time and does help others to learn more and get educated about the wonders of MJ:thanks:

Thanks again and keep growin GOOD!:rollit:
:welcome: and thankyou very much. I am doing this journal because I benefited from the journals I have read and hope to give something back to this community.

You are the DOCTOR of WEED!!!! :nicethread:

:laughtwo: This doctor will never prescribe an aspirin and a phone call for a cure:roorrip:

I had to do a little under brush trimming yesterday, got rid of the lower branches not getting light. I don't usually "lolipop" in the strictest sense, just a little bit to make sure I don't have too much "popcorn" for the movies. I like to let the girls grow au-natural as much as possible. I grow her not just for the medicine, but because I truly believe she is a beautiful plant. Her many different flowers are some of the most mesmerizing blooms to be found on this great planet. I feel rather priviledged to be able to just sit and "watch the grass grow" whenever I want (providing the lights are on), it is a spiritual experience to say the least. Don't even get me started on all the benefits that come from every part of the plant.. Is there any doubt this is the most Sacred of plants?
Ahh.. caught me rambling. To the matter at hand, the girls are waking up this morning to a nicely balanced breakfast. Res. temp 71 degrees, 1450ppm with Ph 6.07, room temp 76 at sunrise with Rh at 52%. There is a slight breeze coming from the west ensuring there will not be a cloud in the sky! I really love having the resevoirs outside the bloom room. I added back 6 gallons of R/O water (ppm 1620, decreased to 1450) and brought the ph into line last night. Being able to work with the res. after lights out is a God send, not to mention the lower res. temps. I am also more inclined to monitor it closer now that it is so convenient, which can only benefit the ladies.
I am waiting for a phone call to see if and when I work today. If no work is to be had, I may have a bunch at home to do. I am concerned the ladies on the left are not getting enough light and I don't have the extra lights to provide more to them (not to mention the heat). I have a 5.0 light rail that was over the girls I just harvested and I have been toying with an idea to modify my set up so that I have both sets of lights in the room on the light rail. I already purchased the parts I needed so all I need now is the time and a friend to help. I will do my best to get pics of the process and of course, the ladies! So stick around, it is going to be a busy day!:peace:

High all:tokin:
Today was an unexpected day off so I accomplished a few things with the time. I was able to modify the light rail system to move both sets of lights the way I want them to. Sorry, no pics of the process but I can easily put something together if someone really has a desire for the info. I do have pics of the completed project of course and a couple views of the ladies.
I also flushed them today and after lights out, I changed the res to the 3rd week phase of AN's system. So tomorrow they will start the day out with fresh nutes! The mixture I used for 35 gals of R/O water is as follows:

3-part grow; 150ml Grow, 250ml Micro, 350ml Bloom
Big Bud 75ml
B-52 75ml
Bud Candy 100ml
Nirvana 75ml
SensiZym 100ml
Rhino Skin 75ml
Bud Factor X 75ml
Sensi-Cal Mag Bloom 150ml
Dutch Master Root Zone 80ml (this is a varient I know, but I swear by this stuff)

The ppm was 1515 and ph 5.17, I adjusted the ph to 5.71 which resulted in a ppm of 1565. This is right about where I like to start my res. This way it can increase in ppm and ph without burn or lockout before I can find an imbalance and correct it. I used approx. half of what AN recommends which is fine by me at the price.:smokin: Res. temps have been 71 to 72 degrees which is an improvement, but I think I will be hitting up the gang for a chiller soon. Timing is everything with this sort of thing.:winkyface:

Alright, time for the show. Wish it was longer but I finished the mods 10 minutes before lights out and almost forgot to get some pics.:tokin:
8-2_light_rail_mod1.jpg

8-2_light_rail_mod2.jpg

8-2_light_rail_mod5.jpg

8-2_light_rail_mod3.jpg

8-2_light_rail_mod4.jpg

I used 2 six foot long 1/2 inch threaded rods, washers and nuts, 4 trollies, 2 seven foot rails (in addition to the original 5.0 main rail), 2 eight foot 1 inch square alluminum tubing cut to 5 foot each, misc. nuts and bolts and scrap wood I had around the place. I mounted the 5.0 light rail between the 2 other rails and tied the rods to each other and to the light mover with the alluminum tubing. The amount of travel I need is only 18 inches and I have it pause for 30 seconds on each end.

8-2_Flowering_13_days.jpg

8-2_Side_view.jpg

The ladies at 13 days flowering. Got the light rail mod done just in time.

8-2_The_tall_end.jpg

The tallest ladies have the largest buds so far.

Well, thats all I got for now. :peacetwo:

Dr Dan, Looks really professional!!:blunt:

I had to do a little under brush trimming yesterday, got rid of the lower branches not getting light. I don't usually "lolipop" in the strictest sense, just a little bit to make sure I don't have too much "popcorn" for the movies. I like to let the girls grow au-natural as much as possible. I grow her not just for the medicine, but because I truly believe she is a beautiful plant. Her many different flowers are some of the most mesmerizing blooms to be found on this great planet. I feel rather priviledged to be able to just sit and "watch the grass grow" whenever I want (providing the lights are on), it is a spiritual experience to say the least. Don't even get me started on all the benefits that come from every part of the plant.. Is there any doubt this is the most Sacred of plants?

Dr Dan,

I forgot to add...I feel the same way you do about this plant!!! Only on a much smaller scale!! :theband:

Just amazing setup, wish I could have that kind of room, is the tube really that cool that they can touch?

SG

Thanks SG, we have come a long way since the first 4'x6'x6' grow box and single light. The cool tube runs pretty darn cool but it will burn the leaves if they touch. I can get them as close as 2 inches but they start to curl too much for my tast, and thiers I am sure. Right now I have them approx. 6 inches from the glass which is 8 inches from the bulb.

Dr Dan, Looks really professional!!:blunt:

:thanks::grinjoint:

Well I had to do some supercropping today so the cannopy stays fairly even. This batch is about a foot taller than what I usually shoot for, but I am trying different veg times with my clones to compare yields. These girls got 3 weeks of veg and allowed to grow 4 inches taller before topping or supercropping. These will probably be some of the tallest plants I have grown indoors, thankfully, I have the room for it due to the Ebb and Gro system.
Room temp low of 74 degrees, high of 84 degrees, Rh 50%. Res. temp 72 degrees, ppm 1485 and ph 5.89

Now for some pics... Day 14 flowering
8-3_Day_14_flowering.jpg

8-3_Before_supercrop.jpg

8-3_Close_up_of_Moms.jpg

Close up of the Moms

8-3_Post_supercrop.jpg

The ladies after thier makeover

8-3_supercropped.jpg

Much more even cannopy

Here are some pics from the nursery..
8-3_still_trying.jpg

Bubblelicious sprout still trying

8-3_Clones.jpg

8-3_Hash_Passion.jpg

8-3_Seedlings.jpg

8-3_Seedling.jpg

8-3_Seedling2.jpg

I am off to snooze land, I hope you all enjoy the show while I am gone.:bong::peace:

Incredible grow DrDan! :goodjob:

I am amazed everytime I come to your journal! :)
+reps bro!

Ditto with Green, just amazing I see something new every time I swear!

SG

Hello again, and thankyou both for the compliments and the + reps! I am pleased you are enjoying this grow as much as I am. I have been barely able to keep up with the garden due to other work obligations the past two days, but I did manage to squeeze in some photo ops yesterday evening. I was finally able to upload them this evening. It is going to be a short and sweet update tonight, I have been working for the past 18 hours. The res. temps have been 72 degrees, and the ladies drank a bit of water the past 2 days. The ppm has stayed around 1540 even with the increased water demand which leads me to believe they are using the nutes at approx. the same rate too. The Ph has been rock solid at 5.78 and after the addition of 6 gallons of R/O water, the Ph rose to 5.81. Perfect! I am amazed at how well these girls are dealing with the heat. Room temp low of 75 and a high today of 86. Outdoor temps were in the 90s, 94-97 depending on the side of the house you were on.:smokin: These ladies are stout and are showing no signs of heat stress I can see. Enough ramblin.. on with the show.

8-5_update1.jpg

8-5_update2.jpg

8-5_update3.jpg

8-5_update4.jpg

8-5_update5.jpg

Here is a look "down under".

8-5_update6.jpg

8-5_update7.jpg

Tomorrow I should have some shots of my new and improved nursery/veg room and the clones in thier new homes. Wish I had the energy to do it tonight (been away from the ladies too long) but I can hardly keep my eyes open to do this. Nighty nite!:peacetwo:

Just a quick note about the dry wt from 7 of 10 plants harvested from earlier grow. I got 19 oz and 15 grams. I still have 3 plants to take down but am letting them go a bit longer to get more amber trichs. I am fairly pleased overall with more than 2 oz. a plant, but I am shooting for 3 oz per plant. Well, gonna wipe the sleep out of my eyes and get to work on my Veg room today, pics will follow.:peacetwo:

Like Green said...I too am amazed every time I see your journal!! I am giving you +Reps too! :thumb:

Those are some beefy stalks you have there too!! :blunt:

Just a quick note about the dry wt from 7 of 10 plants harvested from earlier grow. I got 19 oz and 15 grams. I still have 3 plants to take down but am letting them go a bit longer to get more amber trichs. I am fairly pleased overall with more than 2 oz. a plant, but I am shooting for 3 oz per plant. Well, gonna wipe the sleep out of my eyes and get to work on my Veg room today, pics will follow.:peacetwo:

Based on what you have done so far, I think 3oz per plant is do-able with your setup.
:goodluck:
:popcorn:

Like Green said...I too am amazed every time I see your journal!! I am giving you +Reps too! :thumb:

Those are some beefy stalks you have there too!! :blunt:

Thanks Bro! Greatly appreciated! :blunt:

Nice amount per plant mate! Looking great down under :)

SG

:thanks: As I said, I am pretty pleased with the last harvest. I did get 3 oz. per ATF, and I have one ATF and 2 OG Kush still to harvest.:slide:

Based on what you have done so far, I think 3oz per plant is do-able with your setup.
:goodluck:
:popcorn:

Thankyou, I am sure I can get the yield I am looking for. The room is almost dialed in and there are several more updates planned before all is said and done.
Speaking of updates... here are a few shots of the ladies this morning.

8-8-10_update1.jpg

8-8-10_update4.jpg

8-8-10_update3.jpg

8-8-10_update2.jpg

I finally finished working in the Veg room today, too many interuptions yesterday. The clones have been transplanted to thier buckets and started on GH Flora Nova + program. The plus stands for the additional products I use besides the standard GH feeding chart. I will be doing a comparison grow of sorts with the AN nutes and this grow in a seperate journal. Don't worry, I will still post some teaser pics from the other grow here. And here are a couple now...

8-8-10_The_line_up.jpg

The line up of Nutes:morenutes:

8-8-10_Veg_room_T-5s.jpg

Two new 8 bulb T-5s.:slide:

8-8-10_Clones_and_Seedlings.jpg

The new recruits!:yummy:

8-8-10_Clones_transplanted.jpg

And they are off!:surf:

Time for this guy to get some nutes.. I hope to have the other journal started and added to my sig. tonight. If not.. sue me!:peacetwo:

That is my modified ebb and gro system. Basically an ebb and flo table using buckets fed by a control bucket with ebb and flo fittings inside and res positioned below. This is the intermediate step I use before going in to the flower room and the ebb and gro system by CAP. I just made my own buckets and bought the controler buckets/timer and pump setup seperately. I did purchase one complete set though because a salesman wanted to make a bigger sale and told me a BS story about the controler being on back order but he could get the whole setup no problem. Of course, two days later I am at another store and they have 3 controlers seperate from the systems for sale. And they told me they could get more if I needed. I did, so I bought one from them. I incorporate some of the buckets from the complete system I purchased and I use the 55 gal res. container so I don't mind that I listened to his BS. I did warn him that I don't give third chances though.. with a nice grin of course.:cool: The airlines you see protrude through the bottom of the inside bucket and will be connected to an air pump to keep any standing water from being stagnant. That is the one modification I made to my system after getting the CAP controlers and placing the buckets on the ground. I ended up with root rot and had seen the company's fix for this reported issue on you tube. I was far from satisfied with it and came up with my own.

By the way, I was able to get that new journal started and added to my sig!:surf:

Back
Top Bottom