Driller's 2017 Green Crack Grow Journal

Wish I could go
Look at them right now but there sleeping but I can get an infrared look at them

420-magazine-mobile103282211.jpg

Switched to 12/12 yesterday, last night was the first time I couldnt visit whenever I wanted to which is alot.

I am like that also my veg wake up at 5 AM and the flower plants wake up at 11AM so I am usually up by 5 anyways so I go look and veg and then
Get sad . because I can't look at the flower room til
Eleven !!! My first grow I was so paranoid about killing them I was always In the room. And even one day all stoned walked into the flower room at 9 when the lights were off and I was like (O Hell ) thank
God I don't have to turn on lights to go in there the only lights are the grow lights so gives me no reason to go in til lights are on !

This being my maiden voyage I am refining things as I go, one thing in my favor is water, I live in the mountains and have spring water. Test equipment is on the list but I aint buyin nothin till I find what works and whats junk. Will probly have to go with two tents at some point, 1 veg 1 flower. Dont want to get too deep till I have a more permanent set up. All I want is my personal supply, if there is extra I will give it to friends. Money is not my motivation, just the sweet smell of sucess. Sorry I talk too much, not many people around here.

This grow is my second grow ever !! But I did read the horticulture bible for like 6 months before I made my decision that I wanted to try and grow but have never been a green thumb. But that's why marijuana is right for me because it's just math and schedule kinda scientific which drags me in deeper!!
I started out in tents also but realized super fast that room to work is so beneficial so I made a 15x6 flower room and a 7x5 veg room I cut part of my man cave 20x15 in the loft made into grow room and once you walk in the door there is two Rooms inside. The best part is the temp and humidity in both rooms help each other to stabilize the 20x15 ft room. I do understand the soil process but I have never done it I started with hydroponics because it was suited for me. And it was a great decision the speed in which the plants grow and flower is amazing.

Well my girls just woke up and they looks amazing the HPS light comes on fifteen min after the leds and takes amazing photos with just the leds but they doing good running a 1150 ppm at a 5.8 PH in the reservoir which it is always higher dripping from the rings about 200 ppm difference so the plants are getting 1350 ppm and the PH stays accurate !!

420-magazine-mobile548865318.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1068940905.jpg

420-magazine-mobile581155512.jpg

420-magazine-mobile812164603.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1427699395.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1518348130.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1434318027.jpg

420-magazine-mobile944466572.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1558537863.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1341448599.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1183551066.jpg

So many opinions to read on trimming, makes perfect sence to me to get rid of some leaves, shes makin buds, her last ditch effort to ensure the survival of her species, need to get sunlight on them buds. I have to vent alot of humidity from time to time and it seems to me air flow through the plant would cut down the risk of mold but I will be corrected on that soon I'm sure. I'm a mechanic so everything is a machine to me and I look at mechanical function, this makes this happen, if you dont want this get rid of that. Also read to get rid of 95% of veg during flower since the plant dont need it anymore. Kinda tough to glean right from wrong from all the info available. Still the most fun you will ever have with a little seed some light somewhere for the roots to live and a few chemicals.

So many opinions to read on trimming, makes perfect sence to me to get rid of some leaves, shes makin buds, her last ditch effort to ensure the survival of her species, need to get sunlight on them buds. I have to vent alot of humidity from time to time and it seems to me air flow through the plant would cut down the risk of mold but I will be corrected on that soon I'm sure. I'm a mechanic so everything is a machine to me and I look at mechanical function, this makes this happen, if you dont want this get rid of that. Also read to get rid of 95% of veg during flower since the plant dont need it anymore. Kinda tough to glean right from wrong from all the info available. Still the most fun you will ever have with a little seed some light somewhere for the roots to live and a few chemicals.

So I have heard it both ways they say that the buds get bigger underneath when you get rid of most the veg but a catch 22 so plant use there leaves to photosynthesize so the catch is will stall out bud development they say let it flower and only take off leaves over 50%
Dying ( so I am guessing personal preference) we will see I am gonna run a test and not touch the next set all the way threw

Update doing fine running 1150 ppm with a 5.65 ph

420-magazine-mobile1289676682.jpg

420-magazine-mobile94615138.jpg

Day 3 of 12/12, subtle stuff startin, humidity has been high here, little sweat on a leaf or two when they wake up got me a little concerned got a little exhaust fan built in if I remember to turn it on. They are overflowing the tub now. Pic tomorrow.

You're growing Green Crack? I'm totally gunna take a seat and watch how your girls grow. That's one strain I'm really interested in growing myself.

Nightmask, my green crack plus 1 unknown, front left. 6 weeks 5 days from the day I recieved the beans. Flipped at 6 weeks so 5 days into 12/12. My first garden so not as good as they could be in more experienced hands but I aint killed em. My only regrets are not havin test equipment and my poor choice of soil, mirical gro. Had some issues mostly with the unknown girl, cal/mag apparently and I stressed em a little movin em outside everyday for a week or so.
420-magazine-mobile1111975443.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2103934913.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1699396865.jpg

And the fun continues, gnats, what will they do? Have seen some posts regarding this, healthy girls starting to show some spots on their leaves as well. Also sadly suspect a hermie, the pointy things have been there for quite a while but have not changed and appear to be drying up, shes still makin girl hairs and seemed to be ok till today, hadn't seen a gnat till today. Am a week into 12/12 and feeding some nutes, tryin not to over do it feeding a dilute solution. Guess I'm singin the first timer blues! Hate to lose them at this point they smell so good.
420-magazine-mobile1464657818.jpg
420-magazine-mobile38652139.jpg

And the fun continues, gnats, what will they do? Have seen some posts regarding this, healthy girls starting to show some spots on their leaves as well. Also sadly suspect a hermie, the pointy things have been there for quite a while but have not changed and appear to be drying up, shes still makin girl hairs and seemed to be ok till today, hadn't seen a gnat till today. Am a week into 12/12 and feeding some nutes, tryin not to over do it feeding a dilute solution. Guess I'm singin the first timer blues! Hate to lose them at this point they smell so good.
420-magazine-mobile1464657818.jpg
420-magazine-mobile38652139.jpg

Most plants are stronger than you think it's just catching issues early and correcting them (sooner the better of course ) don't read to much into everything you see I was that way on my first grow and it was a lot of unneeded stress over nothing's but they look like they doing fine just keep them happy it all work out !!

So I had enough of the heat and it's just gonna get hotter so I broke down and ordered the perfect sun 1000 watt led light can't wait for it to come in

And the fun continues, gnats, what will they do? Have seen some posts regarding this, healthy girls starting to show some spots on their leaves as well.

Lilolme

you might want to check under your leaves. Those white spots are more likely from mites than gnats.

the gnats are more of a problem just flying around. there are several methods for keeping them in check.
once you get them there are always a few lingering even after you dont see them for a while.
try yellow sticky traps especially close to the soil, mosquito dunks used with watering, Growstone topping the soil etc.

for the mites, i don't normally pay attention to what others are doing because I am blessed to not have any.

Back
Top Bottom