Hi bud.
2 things.

Do you have a scope?
Next time when you actually start this up from scratch, try to leave the leaves on for her and this process as much as you can.

Other than that, she looks pull-able to me. I'm curious to see what her trichomes look like under a scope.

We have seen some elongation and squiggly coraling features in our plants when droughting and we are beginning to think the morphological changes in the shapes of the trichomes is yet another indication that the droughting is working although we haven't solidified that thought or if it is indicator that the plant has done what it was intended to during the drought.

Curious to see where you stand on readiness and if you have seen more amber emerge since you began in addition to the aforementioned
Hey Krissi.

I have a usb scope but the picture taking function doesn't want to work. On the 2 small Phoenix Fire plants, I am not seeing any elongated trichomes yet. I would say that there is very few (maybe only 2%) of the trichomes that are leaning towards amber and they are a very light shade of color. I would say 85% are cloudy and the rest are clear with a light amber here and there and a few more on the sugar leaves. I'm worried that the small plant's top bud is drying out. It has that smell of a drying plant. Maybe it is time to pull that one?

The bigger Phoenix Fire plant looks like it can keep going.

The bigger Fucky Charms plant that still has all of it's fan leaves IS showing elongated or squiggly coraling trichomes under the scope!

Yes, if I knew I was going to try this on these 2 plants, I would have left the fan leaves on.

All plants are on day 6 of no water.

I have a usb scope but the picture taking function doesn't want to work.
Hello jokerlola you could do a screen shot (prtscn) Open paint, paste, change to jjpeg & save it to your computer.
Hope this helps :passitleft:nice plants

So I'm on day 8 of the drought and the leaves on the Fucky Charms plant are showing drooping today compared to yesterday. There really hadn't been much change in the look of the plant during these 8 days until today.

Comparing the pictures of the plant from the day before I started the drought to the pictures from today, how close does it look for me to start watering again?

The first 4 pictures are from Nov. 15. The next 5 pictures are from today:

11/15/22
FD16B51E-4BEB-4DF8-A993-FD536EBF68CE.jpeg

11/15/22
61C3CCBE-9459-4B69-980B-C93D8730B363.jpeg

11/15/22
42416E90-44D7-4F72-958D-879B5A8C6542.jpeg

11/15/22
84CC6E09-8A23-47C1-8368-07B671EC6966.jpeg

11/23/22
2B0FE7C9-6FC7-435A-BE8F-0106149B902E.jpeg

11/23/22
3C36BCE9-8D4B-44A6-AEE9-D907DC24CAA8.jpeg

11/23/22
580637BA-6F99-45C1-B5FE-B1DF8CACA76E.jpeg

11/23/22
C61E463C-F264-4F22-A7E7-9DDBA335A94F.jpeg

11/23/22
65FCA610-E764-4B77-886A-6D3ADF61FE09.jpeg

Ok. I watered it till runoff and I’m already seeing the fan leaves starting to respond.

I scoped the trichomes in this plant this morn and I’m finally seeing a few ambers and definitely seeing that coraling that Krissi is talking about! I’ll try to post some pics of that.

I watered the other plant (Phoenix Fire) too. I can’t tell where it’s at as far as LWA since I had already removed all the fan leaves in anticipation of harvest last week. But it’s soil was bone dry so better safe than sorry. The trichomes still have no ambers but mostly cloudy. The smaller PF plant’s top cola was drying out and crispy with a drying weed smell so I probably went too long with it so instead of watering it, I went ahead and harvested it and hung it to dry.

I will probably harvest the Funky Charms plant in a couple of days if the trichomes look right. I wonder if a second round of droughting would do anything?

Should I try a second round of droughting???

I definitely am seeing elongated trichomes from my droughting my plants for 9 days but even though I am seeing a few that are just starting to turn amber, they are still very few and far between (way less than 5%) and although most of the trichomes are cloudy, there is still a lot of clear trichomes (maybe 30%). Going just by the trichomes, the plants just don't look like they are in that sweet spot of ripeness yet.

Since I broke the drought and watered them on Thursday, I'm wondering if I should go another 8 or 9 days without water for another round to try to get the plant to turn more trichomes cloudy at least? Or should I just keep watering them regularly until harvest which may or may not be soon depending on the trichomes.?

Should I try a second round of droughting???

I definitely am seeing elongated trichomes from my droughting my plants for 9 days but even though I am seeing a few that are just starting to turn amber, they are still very few and far between (way less than 5%) and although most of the trichomes are cloudy, there is still a lot of clear trichomes (maybe 30%). Going just by the trichomes, the plants just don't look like they are in that sweet spot of ripeness yet.

Since I broke the drought and watered them on Thursday, I'm wondering if I should go another 8 or 9 days without water for another round to try to get the plant to turn more trichomes cloudy at least? Or should I just keep watering them regularly until harvest which may or may not be soon depending on the trichomes.?
Hey bud...had company and I haven't been here. What ended up happening with her? I'll chat more when I talk to you again and see where you're at now so I don't ask questions twice. My honest suggestion would be to not drought again but I'm curious to see how yout trichomes have matured since the set of photos you posted before this comment.
well they both going to get drought soon! do they need it. lmao here is Krissi! without drought..

20221204_204402.jpg

20221204_204826.jpg
She is a sparkly lady belle! What happened with the nanner plant? Seems to have not hit Krissi?

Hey bud...had company and I haven't been here. What ended up happening with her? I'll chat more when I talk to you again and see where you're at now so I don't ask questions twice. My honest suggestion would be to not drought again but I'm curious to see how yout trichomes have matured since the set of photos you posted before this comment.

She is a sparkly lady belle! What happened with the nanner plant? Seems to have not hit Krissi?
She's still in there next to her. Lmao I think I gotten all of them off honestly I don't think some of them were nanners it was young to form calax either better the pollen was thorough. But then I think sometimes not with all the brown statements on broken ass maybe that was because she was stressed though. Ha

20221206_190949.jpg

20221206_190645.jpg

20221206_191529.jpg

20221206_191509.jpg

She's still in there next to her. Lmao I think I gotten all of them off honestly I don't think some of them were nanners it was young to form calax either better the pollen was thorough. But then I think sometimes not with all the brown statements on broken ass maybe that was because she was stressed though. Ha

20221206_190949.jpg

20221206_190645.jpg

20221206_191529.jpg

20221206_191509.jpg
It happens man, not gonna destroy your crop if you catch it early and they are sensitive! A little too much of this or that and they say holy shit let's grow a banana lol

Looking great, def your best grow I've seen with Krissi

It happens man, not gonna destroy your crop if you catch it early and they are sensitive! A little too much of this or that and they say holy shit let's grow a banana lol

Looking great, def your best grow I've seen with Krissi
Yeah I don't know if I'll be able to handle the drought though. I mean personally I can handle it no problem. I missed a couple days watering them cuz I was sick and the smell got uncanny even with charcoal filter. I know that's the reason why they put that smell out. I say that because when I watered them last night woke up smell was gone they was talking to me.

Yeah I don't know if I'll be able to handle the drought though. I mean personally I can handle it no problem.
Are you sure lol i dont want you stressed lol jk
I missed a couple days watering them cuz I was sick and the smell got uncanny even with charcoal filter. I know that's the reason why they put that smell out. I say that because when I watered them last night woke up smell was gone they was talking to me.
You lost smell? Maybe it's cause it smells more like wet soil after you water? That would be my guess on that but idk I've never noticed that, I need to see if mine smell stronger prior to watering...

Are you sure lol i dont want you stressed lol jk

You lost smell? Maybe it's cause it smells more like wet soil after you water? That would be my guess on that but idk I've never noticed that, I need to see if mine smell stronger prior to watering...
Miss Krissi it's not me it's the way the plant smell they're still smell coming through my tent even with charcoal filter and it only happened because I forgot the water room for 2 days so you know the drought's going to be worse with smell That's my problem. I have yet to smell any marijuana like this growing two weeks in veg it already stink and now it's even more it's fine when the tents closed and they got their water and shit but when they need something they put out that aroma and that's how I know they need shit they do talk to me

Back
Top Bottom