Go climb in bed @Krissi1982 and nurse yourself! We need you on top of your game! ;) :hug::hug::hug:

Cannabis has been around forever guys and not for people to go get high and eat a box of pop tarts or @cjsbabygirl313 plate of cookies....it has been used for therapeutic purposes for AGES!!

Cannabis, as an annual dioecious plant, shares its origins with the 1st agricultural societies in Asia. It is phylogenetically ancient as D9-THC was found in the most primitive of vertebrates with a clear neuronal network. This suggests that over time, cannabis has been used for a variety of therapeutic and recreational purposes.

We are here to harness those ancient medicinal properties and find the best way to do it. The only way I know how, is through droughting...

A substantial number of drought effects on plants can be mimicked by external applications of ABA, because jasmonates are biologically similar, when exogenously applied, elicit a variety of morphological and physiological responses to stress.

It is important to remember that Different hormones play different roles in plant growth and response.

I.e.
Fruit sets from IAA
Fruit growth from GA
Fruit ripening from ethylene
Seed maturation/dormancy from ABA

With this thought, possibly, seed dormancy and maturation gene sequencing may be regulated by ABA UNTIL environmental factors or cues (temperature and moisture content) are detected by the plants where the ABA will be able to maintain the seeds dormancy.

What we are saying here is that we can manipulate the plant to almost protect itself from the stressors by way of exogenous applications and/or implementation of a change in certain environmental cues, in this case, moisture content.

Why we measure leaf angles throughout drought, just to touch upon this really quick, is because the plants overall fitness is dependent upon the health of its leaves. Some people say omg the leaves the leaves you're killing them, but when done properly, once drought has been completed, those plants bounce right back to where they were. This is an effect of plasticity.

I don't jump right into, "yea go drought your plants" because there is a science behind it. Remember this isn't heresy.

The xylem, derived from the Latin term meaning wood (the best known xylem tissue), transports nutrients in 2 ways in a plant:

Via
-Parenchyma/fibers
-Tracheids/vessel elements

The xylems main goal is to transport H2O from the roots to the stems/leaves. Yet all of these are interconnected to form a continuous system of water conducting channels to ALL parts of the plant.

Here is where that plasticity comes into play and why we measure angles....

Phenotypic plasticity is the result of the interplay between 2 distinct but INTERACTING identities-->the genetics of an organism and its environment. Remember, ABA is a REACTION to water stress. Hence why the idea of simulating an environment that would be conducive to increasing ABA was even brought to the table. And here we are, why not a drought....

Tomorrow I will go into the study of the l.arcuata, a plant with two different sets of leaves, both aerial and submerged. In this study, the phytohormone ABA was added to underwater shoots; the results are amazing, as the plant was able to produce aerial leaves underwater. We will be suggesting what ABA's role is in leaf phenotypic change and its importance in regulating stress through environmental change.

Hope this gives us all something to talk and not fight about. No fighting on my page! I mean it! I'll crack the whip!

If you have a fever you need to nurse yourself a bit and relax. We will all be here when you feel better. Don't feel like you have to be all things to all people. You'll work yourself into frazzle and then where will we be...lost without hope and stuck with no haired genius. Get better and chill. :surf:
Einstein was a mad man who never slept....
Go climb in bed @Krissi1982 and nurse yourself! We need you on top of your game! ;) :hug::hug::hug:
I'll be in bed soon, I wanted to get a note out here before I did. I don't want to abandon my feed when the interest is spiking...or ever for that matter lol

Much love to you both, I appreciate you very much...:hug::love:

Cannabis has been around forever guys and not for people to go get high and eat a box of pop tarts or @cjsbabygirl313 plate of cookies....
But they look so yummy...
No fighting on my page! I mean it! I'll crack the whip!
I agree but no promises over those cookies :p

Cannabis has been around forever guys and not for people to go get high and eat a box of pop tarts or @cjsbabygirl313 plate of cookies....it has been used for therapeutic purposes for AGES!!

Cannabis, as an annual dioecious plant, shares its origins with the 1st agricultural societies in Asia. It is phylogenetically ancient as D9-THC was found in the most primitive of vertebrates with a clear neuronal network. This suggests that over time, cannabis has been used for a variety of therapeutic and recreational purposes.

We are here to harness those ancient medicinal properties and find the best way to do it. The only way I know how, is through droughting...

A substantial number of drought effects on plants can be mimicked by external applications of ABA, because jasmonates are biologically similar, when exogenously applied, elicit a variety of morphological and physiological responses to stress.

It is important to remember that Different hormones play different roles in plant growth and response.

I.e.
Fruit sets from IAA
Fruit growth from GA
Fruit ripening from ethylene
Seed maturation/dormancy from ABA

With this thought, possibly, seed dormancy and maturation gene sequencing may be regulated by ABA UNTIL environmental factors or cues (temperature and moisture content) are detected by the plants where the ABA will be able to maintain the seeds dormancy.

What we are saying here is that we can manipulate the plant to almost protect itself from the stressors by way of exogenous applications and/or implementation of a change in certain environmental cues, in this case, moisture content.

Why we measure leaf angles throughout drought, just to touch upon this really quick, is because the plants overall fitness is dependent upon the health of its leaves. Some people say omg the leaves the leaves you're killing them, but when done properly, once drought has been completed, those plants bounce right back to where they were. This is an effect of plasticity.

I don't jump right into, "yea go drought your plants" because there is a science behind it. Remember this isn't heresy.

The xylem, derived from the Latin term meaning wood (the best known xylem tissue), transports nutrients in 2 ways in a plant:

Via
-Parenchyma/fibers
-Tracheids/vessel elements

The xylems main goal is to transport H2O from the roots to the stems/leaves. Yet all of these are interconnected to form a continuous system of water conducting channels to ALL parts of the plant.

Here is where that plasticity comes into play and why we measure angles....

Phenotypic plasticity is the result of the interplay between 2 distinct but INTERACTING identities-->the genetics of an organism and its environment. Remember, ABA is a REACTION to water stress. Hence why the idea of simulating an environment that would be conducive to increasing ABA was even brought to the table. And here we are, why not a drought....

Tomorrow I will go into the study of the l.arcuata, a plant with two different sets of leaves, both aerial and submerged. In this study, the phytohormone ABA was added to underwater shoots; the results are amazing, as the plant was able to produce aerial leaves underwater. We will be suggesting what ABA's role is in leaf phenotypic change and its importance in regulating stress through environmental change.

Hope this gives us all something to talk and not fight about. No fighting on my page! I mean it! I'll crack the whip!
@Maritimer please add in anything if you think I missed something at this juncture

But they look so yummy...

I agree but no promises over those cookies :p
No soup for you!!! By soup I mean cookies and by this I mean, Seinfeld.

...does anyone know what I'm talking about

How they bounce back is incredible every time! I grow lots of veggies, especially peppers come springtime, so thank you for this, I will certainly add this to my list of things to do next year!

No soup for you!!! By soup I mean cookies and by this I mean, Seinfeld.

...does anyone know what I'm talking about
Classic!

You asked my friend, and I would be remiss should I pass this opportunity. It will take a couple minutes.
Straw Hat is coming out with the dab rig.
Should be fun. :love:

Ahoy there!
In nature the effects of drought are readily presented. As previously pointed out, numerous or even countless studies have documented the effects of drought on both agricultural crops and in nature. We have no argument with the science that supports these positions. This conversation relates directly to droughting cannabis intentionally, understanding what is about to happen and why. If the drought is applied at the wrong time in the plant’s life cycle or is not endured to the target 50% LWA change, the effects will be marginalized.

About droughting cannabis.
It does not take long for the lack of moisture to be detected by both the plant and the gardener tending her. The leaves begin to wilt, then even worse they begin to change colors and even fall off. Hold that thought about the leaves.

Early in the drought the sensory cells begin detecting a lack of moisture in the root zone and informing the genetic regulatory network GRN. This will be interpreted as a threat and monitored for worsening conditions, and the synthesis of abscisic acid (ABA) will rise accordingly.

As the drought worsens more and more reports of low moisture content are reported by more and more sensory cells and the general alarm is sounded. Rising levels of ABA will instigate stomatal closure to avert moisture loss and most transpiration will stop. The GRN as a function of strain DNA will apply species survival changes to positively affect reproduction probabilities. The survival of its kind is the only important thing by virtue of it’s own DNA. Leaves will begin to wilt and discolor, and all growth will have ceased. Additionally, the word that describes a plant’s posture is turgidness. The plant resources and energy it took to maintain turgid upright and perky leaves has now been redirected. Along with the discoloration of the leaves, the nutrients and enzymes stored in them are being self - cannibalized. Does not matter if she has root zone nutrients available, she will eat herself as a matter of instruction from the GRN. Simultaneously, the rising levels of ABA antagonize the JA pathways directly stimulating maximum oil production. The jasmonate pathways instruct the proteins building our essential oils, and as a noteworthy comment this resin is produced under a period of great stress and is combined and portioned in ways that positively affect user experience. Gram for gram unstressed resin will be outperformed by the stressed counterpart. Don’t care what strain, or how good your gardening skills are, if you drought her it will be better than if you don’t. Run some control plants to prove to yourself, but we have already done that bull for everybody. So did Kaplan.

All this time the plant thinks her flowers may contain viable seed stock, even if only a few. With this her only chance at species survival she will be producing essential oils utilizing redirected plant resources to coat the flowers protecting the seeds from drying out.

When you have observed 50% change in LWA from turgid readings compared to wilted measurements you fertigate the cultivar. The sensory cells will report the moisture to the GRN and the ABA levels will fall back to normal homeostasis. Most of the plants will recover fine. What you have just done is create a new resin of it’s own and you the medicinal consumer can expect complete satisfaction, or I will give you back your money. :love:

I love talking ABA primacy and the lineage conveyed in the green plant line ancestry, but that is another story.

I was hoping to reference some notes I had on the pressure flow hypothesis, transpiration and surface tension along with the transpirational pull tomorrow so this is a fantastic segway for me! Thank you as always for your phenomenal insights and knowledge

I'd like to note here that my G-13 Photoperiod, "G" begins her drought tomorrow at 7 weeks to the day. She is already trichome covered but just wait and see. It's bed time for this sick gal today but I will have scope trich shots done of her tomorrow and then again come the end of her droughting period.

I'd like to thank Maritimer for his wisdom and input here this evening as well as all of you who have already stopped by; I know a lot happens overnight on :420: so I'll be happy to see what questions or comments arise come tomorrow.

A domani

Einstein was a mad man who never slept....

I'll be in bed soon, I wanted to get a note out here before I did. I don't want to abandon my feed when the interest is spiking...or ever for that matter lol

Much love to you both, I appreciate you very much...:hug::love:
You have to sleep sometime...:cough:

You have to sleep sometime...:cough:
I did...I caught up...feel better today. Better half has went downhill though...now he has been living in the bathroom on top of everything else he is feeling. Having him retest today for Covid smh

My apologies to all for my apparent bad behaviour, it was not my intention to cause any bad feelings. I am not used to my ideas being dismissed and apparently that is ok so I will excuse myself from any further comments on this thread
Old Fart, no direction was towards anyone specific on the thread. As I said, I don't want anyone's thoughts to be denounced here as this is an open forum for all and any ideas!!! Yours are always welcome here as is anyone else

I did...I caught up...feel better today. Better half has went downhill though...now he has been living in the bathroom on top of everything else he is feeling. Having him retest today for Covid smh
Hope it's just a flu bug. Nasty one been running through our house for over a month now. All the hallmarks of covid, but test came back negative.
Either way, I hope you all feel better :love:

Back
Top Bottom