DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

@weenmeoff have you smoked any BCP before? I have the black Cherry O’s coming in my next grow which is BCP x Dosidos. I don’t know what to expect from that one. I hope I get lots of terps and frost though. Lol. Anyway...if you have I was just wanting your opinion of the BCP. Or the Boss’ opinion. Lol

@weenmeoff have you smoked any BCP before? I have the black Cherry O’s coming in my next grow which is BCP x Dosidos. I don’t know what to expect from that one. I hope I get lots of terps and frost though. Lol. Anyway...if you have I was just wanting your opinion of the BCP. Or the Boss’ opinion. Lol

The boss likes it but it's not her favorite. She said it's a good mellow night time med. I brought some to my friends along with sugar cane and they liked them both, seemed split as to which one they liked more.

:passitleft:

The boss likes it but it's not her favorite. She said it's a good mellow night time med. I brought some to my friends along with sugar cane and they liked them both, seemed split as to which one they liked more.

:passitleft:
I remember you mentioning that before . Lol. I hope they turn out good.

I wanted to follow up again on the ongoing experience with low and slow.

With the buds having had time to sit jarred at 64% for two weeks after a two week dry in the fridge there is an absolute difference in the quality of the smoke and potency when compared to the dehydrator.

I was initially thrilled that the dehydrator could dry within 24 hours and after rehydration the buds smoked well and the flavor was good. At the same time I thought "why wait 2 weeks when I can have it dry and jarred within 24 hours?" Then I tried the low and slow. Both the black indica and the dutch treat have tons more terpene and a stronger effect. The smoke is very smooth.

The dehydrator is a close second to low and slow and I think it has a great place in ones arsenal. It is very nice to quickly dry a sample before chop to know if ripeness is to your liking. However there is a slight loss in taste and once jarred they do need to air a bit each day for a week or so.

I will note that I initially dried three plants for the full 2 week period and their RH was low when first jarred. With some fussing they are sitting at 64%. However...I dried two paper bags, 28 g each for only one week. I jarred them and they stabilized right at 50%. I added a Bovida and within hours they were at 61% and currently holding.

With these kinds of consistent, bag and forget, results low and slow is now the standard.

Good to hear Sctanley, and way to go Magoo! :high-five:

I couldn't agree more Sctanley. Given the choice low and slo is the automatic choice for consistency and ease, but I'm sure glad I have the dehydrator when I need it.

I just put 3 bags in the crisper today. My Homegrown sprouted nanners at about 8 weeks so it is done. and should be out when my Zamaldelica is ready for chop, I should need more jars before long.:ganjamon:
busy busy :rollit:

Ahh.... all’s well with the world.

:rollit:

Don’t you just love the vibrant colors ween?

here is one of my 3 bags. I am glad to have another bunch of buds for missus to combust. All she has had for the last month is zamaldelica, I like to keep her stash mixed up with variety.

Bag of budz

smoothness of the smoke is what I am after.:ganjamon:

Yeah, it's pretty awesome! Rh in jars was 74-80 so back in the fridge for a few days. I am surprised how much smaller buds have gotten, golf ball nugs are now ping pong ball nugs, ha!:rofl:
Sad when that happens :lot-o-toke:

Hi was directed here for a question i had about the low and slow.
i kind of tried drying som last time around but ended up getting what i thought was mold ( i now dont think it was) and ended up pulling qhat i had in the fridge.
one thing i wondered though, the RH inside the crisper drawer in my fridge was at 16-30, its just a cheapy drawer, i dont have a nicer fridgerator. so next time around does that matter? will this method still work in my fridge? wpuld double bagging the paper bags might be an option and then just leaving in the main part of my fridge?

Hi was directed here for a question i had about the low and slow.
i kind of tried drying som last time around but ended up getting what i thought was mold ( i now dont think it was) and ended up pulling qhat i had in the fridge.
one thing i wondered though, the RH inside the crisper drawer in my fridge was at 16-30, its just a cheapy drawer, i dont have a nicer fridgerator. so next time around does that matter? will this method still work in my fridge? wpuld double bagging the paper bags might be an option and then just leaving in the main part of my fridge?
I would say no can you get a humidifier and dial a room in and hang two days chop trim and let dry out then stick in jar test rh then if desired rh continue to week to two in normal burping jar then seal for cure ?

And here is end of day two in my fridge low and slow fir my Thc bomb under my ufo 120

I would say no can you get a humidifier and dial a room in and hang two days chop trim and let dry out then stick in jar test rh then if desired rh continue to week to two in normal burping jar then seal for cure ?
so if i cant keep the hunidity up dont keep in fridge?
i see you have the slides on your fridge to control the humidity, dang wish i had that.
i do have a humidity controller, i might have to dry the whole thing in the tent i giess

i see you have the slides on your fridge to control the humidity, dang wish i had that.
i do have a humidity controller, i might have to dry the whole thing in the tent i giess
Throw a hygrometer in the regular part of the fridge and see what range it runs in.

Yeah my room right now is 62% rh I can let it dry as long as I want and know it will always be at 62% rh the buds will always be at 62%. So no if your fridge is only 20 -30% rh your buds would eventually become and adapt to 20-30% rh. So no won’t work .

Now only If I could dial in my 4x4 better for rh lol

Back
Top Bottom