20160714_195235.jpg

20160714_195305.jpg

20160714_195316.jpg

20160714_195325.jpg

20160714_195339.jpg

20160714_195443.jpg

20160714_195507.jpg

that'll do for now methinks.
have some pics of silver girl, starting to question if its working or not, probably too early lol.

have fun eh

thanks for looking dutchess and autogrower.

yeah the cups have worked like a charm. they have 2 cuts at the bottom for intake and the hole at the top for output.

the cover cup is on anywhere from 2-7 days depending on what the girl tells me to do. but you gotta keep an eye on them same as any other way.

every plant I have started using the solo shot cups and then these cover cups has come through strong. it was only about a 75% success just using the cover cups. the shot cups have boosted it to 100%. so much for never transplant an auto eh.

I think the trick with that is catching them before the tap root gets too long. have to really pay attention to what they say doing that. cause you can't be lifting the plant out and checking. just have to "feel" it.

thanks norcal, I try to keep at em.

yipeeeee the crit kush is showing root. had me worried, took a day longer to show.

the blue treacle is in a shot cup.

thanks for looking dutchess and autogrower.

yeah the cups have worked like a charm. they have 2 cuts at the bottom for intake and the hole at the top for output.

the cover cup is on anywhere from 2-7 days depending on what the girl tells me to do. but you gotta keep an eye on them same as any other way.

every plant I have started using the solo shot cups and then these cover cups has come through strong. it was only about a 75% success just using the cover cups. the shot cups have boosted it to 100%. so much for never transplant an auto eh.

I think the trick with that is catching them before the tap root gets too long. have to really pay attention to what they say doing that. cause you can't be lifting the plant out and checking. just have to "feel" it.

I just saw the solo cups. No intake out take cups?? Just the solo with the hole on top. And since you have 100% success with the shot cup im curious.

yeah ok if your interested. here's my germination rundown.

day 1: seed goes into a pill bottle with 600 grit sandpaper, shaken for 60 seconds. then seed into a shot of water. bout 12 hours later the seed can be pushed to the bottom of the cup.

day 2: after 24 hours in water, the seed then goes into wet paper towel and into the warmest room in the house.

day 3-5: monitor paper towel for moisture and positioning of the root and seed pod.

day 6: seed gets planted into a red solo shot cup with 4 drainage slits cut into bottom. stays In same warm room which has a 24 hour cfl running. daylight hours, it goes into the windowsill for direct sunlight, about 10-12 hours a day.

day 7-9: monitor moisture(just damp) and move the shot cup around for best light access. turning away from light strengthens the stem as it needs to keep bending back to the light.

day 10: new seedling now gets planted into the final home, in my case 2 gallon pots. gets a clear cup dome with 2 cuts at bottom and a drilled hole at top. wet the soil first day.

day 11-18: this is variable, like I said, I let the girl tell me when to water, and when to remove the dome cup. after this, it's clear sailing. have had 100% success since starting this regime.

ok, now keep in mind that I am doing a perpetual grow here. so every second day I am putting a seed into the water cup, step 1. so every day I am also maintaining all the rest of the steps for all other seeds in that calendar window. not to mention maintaining all the girls in the tent. lol

since the estimated timing from the seedbank was way off. they said 60 days from seed, I say b.s. it looks like #1 will be 90 days. i'm sure I have at least 2 weeks to go which will bring it to 90 days. she still has lots of white pistils.

I don't have much going today, lol if you can believe that. so I will try to get a series of pics for each step if you like.
only have 1 seed going atm, in towel, is the critical kush photo. in shot I have the blue treacle planted yesterday. those are replacements for the males. I do still have domes on some as u can see.

let me know if this helps at all, or if it was pointless, lol.

have fun eh

yeah ok if your interested. here's my germination rundown.

day 1: seed goes into a pill bottle with 600 grit sandpaper, shaken for 60 seconds. then seed into a shot of water. bout 12 hours later the seed can be pushed to the bottom of the cup.

day 2: after 24 hours in water, the seed then goes into wet paper towel and into the warmest room in the house.

day 3-5: monitor paper towel for moisture and positioning of the root and seed pod.

day 6: seed gets planted into a red solo shot cup with 4 drainage slits cut into bottom. stays In same warm room which has a 24 hour cfl running. daylight hours, it goes into the windowsill for direct sunlight, about 10-12 hours a day.

day 7-9: monitor moisture(just damp) and move the shot cup around for best light access. turning away from light strengthens the stem as it needs to keep bending back to the light.

day 10: new seedling now gets planted into the final home, in my case 2 gallon pots. gets a clear cup dome with 2 cuts at bottom and a drilled hole at top. wet the soil first day.

day 11-18: this is variable, like I said, I let the girl tell me when to water, and when to remove the dome cup. after this, it's clear sailing. have had 100% success since starting this regime.

ok, now keep in mind that I am doing a perpetual grow here. so every second day I am putting a seed into the water cup, step 1. so every day I am also maintaining all the rest of the steps for all other seeds in that calendar window. not to mention maintaining all the girls in the tent. lol

since the estimated timing from the seedbank was way off. they said 60 days from seed, I say b.s. it looks like #1 will be 90 days. i'm sure I have at least 2 weeks to go which will bring it to 90 days. she still has lots of white pistils.

I don't have much going today, lol if you can believe that. so I will try to get a series of pics for each step if you like.
only have 1 seed going atm, in towel, is the critical kush photo. in shot I have the blue treacle planted yesterday. those are replacements for the males. I do still have domes on some as u can see.

let me know if this helps at all, or if it was pointless, lol.

have fun eh

Helps a great deal. Im pretty much the same. No sandpaper, soak 18hrs. Paper towel in a baggie(from utube vid.). I noticed this year the sprouts in April responded much better than Feb. sprouts because of the coldness. I thought of (did) using a heating pad? This process is important especially if buying seeds and would like to perfect and you did Unforgiven. Thanks! I wonder what the ideal temp is to pop seeds, Probably 70 deg?? Again, I like the domes on the sprouts
Ive got a confusing exhaust question on my tent thread Im really hoping to get answered.

ok so I got some pics, tent is lights out atm, but you've seen the dome cups already.

here's the bta (blue treacle auto) that I put in soil yesterday. don't mind the shallow cup, it's usually to the top then settled, but this one was particularly loose I guess. as I said, it is a solo cup but mini. a shot cup. you can sorta make out the bottom slit in the one pic, there are 4 of those cuts in each cup.
20160716_125006.jpg

20160716_125037.jpg

and for size reference, and my saucer I use, lol, is a med cup from a Nyquil bottle.
20160716_125116.jpg

and here it is beside one of my soaking cups I use, which are espresso cups. nice size, not adding too much water to the towel at once. keep in mind I usually have 4 seeds going into the towel over 8 days so that would be too hard to control the water using massive glasses.
20160716_125228.jpg

and here's a shot of my critical kush in towel, she sprouted this morning about 4 hours ago, here she is now. this is a ziplock square storage container, fits them half towels nicely folded in half. I have also found if the room is cool at night, I double up the container with a warm water bath in a second underneath.
20160716_125314.jpg

that's all of those for now, if you want more let me know.

and just for gits n shiggles, I put two tops from some girls I top'd yesterday in solo shots with water......an experiment, lol. prolly amount to nothing but didn't cost me nothing either. guess I just don't have enough going on eh. I just hafta add another experiment.
20160716_125146.jpg

have fun eh

lmao, like I said for now it's just an experiment. they just looked too nice to toss, lol. if I see anything happening in a positive way, I will definitely keep ya'll posted.

especially the auto topping master himself lol.

thanks for dropping in beast.

How do u get ur clones to root.just leave them in the cups of water and put them in the tent? ;)

I've got a friend who does all his cloning straight in dirt. I don't know what results he had but he keeps his garden growing.
GL and Keepem Green

Thanks mate;)I was curious if it would work as iv just germed and potted suzy seeds afghan skunk fem.non auto.and i want to get clones off her when she is old enough and grow 15 of them;) hope they root for ya mate as i wna copy this method .dont wna be buying no more equipment just yet lol;) good luck:)

Naw, but thre are tons of ways to get cutting without costing much of anything. You can get some of those raipid rooter plugs and I use to use them plasic containers they serve chicken in from the store as a humidity done. Those plugs are like 25 cent apiece. Here's a simple cloner
002239.JPG

Alot of ways Keepem Green

yeah I hate buying seeds all the time too. but those came off my dutch treat autos , so i'm not expecting much to happen, nor do I intend to expend a lot of energy into the experiment unless they start to show.

I was thinking maybe a coupla mini plants, keep em to a single or double cola.

I am however considering keeping my critical kush as a mother once she gets going. we want to get another tent anyways....she might be the catalyst eh.

Unforgiven lol i just wana try cloning as i wna be able to say i can do it and be good to grow a bunch of the same strain.and im lucky mate i get looked after regarding my seeds dont have to pay a penny;) happy growing every1;)

Back
Top Bottom