Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Plants look stunning Dutch! I saw in some video on defoliation that when you're done, you should not be able to see the pots from above. That means no light is getting down to the soil (wasted photons) where it should be getting sucked in by a leaf.

I don’t think I would keep a mother very long if at all
I was going to try to run mothers but realized I just had no room for that! Now I just keep cutting clones as I go and hope a few take.

Lookin great bro! Gotta be exciting to be at the point you're at. I'm day 5 of veg and I feel like I'm jumping out my socks any opportunity I get to work on the plants (Watering them Etc)! keep up the good work :goodjob:

Careful, Brother! The #1 cause of death of cannabis plants by new growers is too much attention - especially over-watering! ;)

One of the things that makes :420: such a great place is that it gives us all a venue to "play" without messing with our plants too much! :rofl:

Careful, Brother! The #1 cause of death of cannabis plants by new growers is too much attention - especially over-watering! ;)

One of the things that makes :420: such a great place is that it gives us all a venue to "play" without messing with our plants too much! :rofl:
Yes I agree! I get my excitement from refilling the humidifier and checking the soil moisture and looking at their beauty :drool::drool:

Lookin great bro! Gotta be exciting to be at the point you're at. I'm day 5 of veg and I feel like I'm jumping out my socks any opportunity I get to work on the plants (Watering them Etc)! keep up the good work :goodjob:

Thanks player! I’m loving the transition from veg to flower on these big girls! Seeing all the light green bud sites starting is pleasing view! There’s already a strong smell when you open the tent I can’t wait to see what it’s like in there in a few weeks! Flower power !
:cheer: As krip had mentioned as well, watering is one the biggest problems for new growers alike ! But we’re all guilty of checking on our babies to much haha! Every time I walk past the tent I have to pop my head in!

Plants look stunning Dutch! I saw in some video on defoliation that when you're done, you should not be able to see the pots from above. That means no light is getting down to the soil (wasted photons) where it should be getting sucked in by a leaf.

I was going to try to run mothers but realized I just had no room for that! Now I just keep cutting clones as I go and hope a few take.

Thanks Shed ! I plan on removing all growth below netting that isn’t getting light and to remove any fan leaves covering potential bud sites or developing bud sites!
I am with you on the mother’s too! When it comes time for running photos I’ll just take cuts and toss the ones I don’t want! Easier to house small baby plants than a 5ft momma!

Great point krip! There’s so many of us here at different levels of growing and different stages we can always get some eye candy somewhere ! Haha

Hope you all are well and are enjoying your weekend!
:passitleft: Wedding cake anyone?

Thanks player! I’m loving the transition from veg to flower on these big girls! Seeing all the light green bud sites starting is pleasing view! There’s already a strong smell when you open the tent I can’t wait to see what it’s like in there in a few weeks! Flower power !
:cheer: As krip had mentioned as well, watering is one the biggest problems for new growers alike ! But we’re all guilty of checking on our babies to much haha! Every time I walk past the tent I have to pop my head in!

Thanks Shed ! I plan on removing all growth below netting that isn’t getting light and to remove any fan leaves covering potential bud sites or developing bud sites!
I am with you on the mother’s too! When it comes time for running photos I’ll just take cuts and toss the ones I don’t want! Easier to house small baby plants than a 5ft momma!

Great point krip! There’s so many of us here at different levels of growing and different stages we can always get some eye candy somewhere ! Haha

Hope you all are well and are enjoying your weekend!
:passitleft: Wedding cake anyone?
Had some wedding cake in my dispensary when I was there (rosedale greenery), Customers loved it. Girlfriend always says it knocks her on her ass

Had some wedding cake in my dispensary when I was there (rosedale greenery), Customers loved it. Girlfriend always says it knocks her on her ass

Yea it’s some great smoke and super pungent ! The smell is just amazing and I love that after smell when you walk through the house! Just intoxicating!

October 27 - Day 90
Day 7 of Flower
Early Miss
High everyone!:welcome: I hope your Saturday is going well so far.

It’s been a cold and rainy day here in southern Ontario. Fall is quickly passing by and we are entering our winter slowly. Late fall fires are great with some yummy s’mores, hot apple cider, friend family and a good joint!

But enough of me rambling let’s get to the tent for some updates shall we!!!

My Early Miss girls are stretching for the lights more each passing day now and I have been letting her grow. She’s got some strong dominant flowering branches that are stretching my net and pulling it towards the light!

I have done a count and currently on EM1 there are 70 top bud sites already and I’m hoping to get around 75-80 by the time she’s done stretch !! Some a bit smaller than others but all above the net soaking up that wonderful HPS!

Incredible how strong these girls are. I’m holding off on doing any additional trimming until week 3 of flower. I will then take to some defoliation and trimming to focus the plants strict bud formation! I have been reading a lot on flower based defoliation and what the benefits are behind it. I want to get these EM sisters really focused on those top bud sites.
They have taken extremely well to a heavy defoliation each time before so I’m sure they will love me for giving them the defoil they need in flower time for those lovely nugs I am looking for!:slide:
I will continue my research and if anyone has any input about the flower stage defoliation I would love the extra input!

Was wondering when the “true official in flowering” stage started? Is it the day you flip to 12/12 or when you first started seeing pistils on the budsites? Hmmm

All the budsites now have multiple pistils showing so I’m thinking she’s officially in flower? But has a week or 2 still of stretch. She started showing pistils at Day 4 of flower so not sure how relates to how fast the stretch stops?

Here’s some photos from today!

Have a great day / evening / night everyone and stay medicated!:ganjamon:

:passitleft:

Nice canopy you have going there Dutch, you should get lots of great colas out of that!

Thanks wookie! Here’s hoping for lots of big dense sticky icky colas ! Im hoping for 80 tops but we will see!! She’s close with 70 right now! Hoping a few more will poke up before stretch finishes!

dang those are tree's those were in veg for acouple of weeks looks killer gonna be bad ass harvest
i cant get over them pics they are the bomb

Thanks modern! They got an 80day veg and have been flipped for 7 days showing pistils for 4 days! So yea they vegged for a couple days for sure:rofl::rofl: I did a big defoil and prune before I flipped and will do another one in week 3 of flower! Excited to see what these girls can push out!

Plants look stupendous Dutch. Nice work continues!
Was wondering when the “true official in flowering” stage started? Is it the day you flip to 12/12 or when you first started seeing pistils on the budsites? Hmmm
That's a personal preference. Mr Statistics (aka Van Stank) lists both days from flip and days from pistils. If you like specificity, that's the way to go as what you mean for "days in flower" might be different for different readers. I didn't know there was a category for “true official in flowering”! And since the breeders flower days are an estimate I just count from flip.
Not a lot of space left.
Not a bad problem to have ;).
Im hoping for 80 tops
Are we talking tops here or bud sites above the net? Enquiring minds want to know!

Plants look stupendous Dutch. Nice work continues!

That's a personal preference. Mr Statistics (aka Van Stank) lists both days from flip and days from pistils. If you like specificity, that's the way to go as what you mean for "days in flower" might be different for different readers. I didn't know there was a category for “true official in flowering”! And since the breeders flower days are an estimate I just count from flip.

Not a bad problem to have ;).

Are we talking tops here or bud sites above the net? Enquiring minds want to know!

I’m counting top points of any branches above the net. There are bud sites below these top points on majority of the branches but the “tops” I’m referring to are the tips of all said Budsites! I think that’s correct ? Lol

I’m counting top points of any branches above the net. There are bud sites below these top points on majority of the branches but the “tops” I’m referring to are the tips of all said Budsites! I think that’s correct ? Lol
LOL! I don't know if there's a correct. I was just clarifying because at one point you called them tops and another you said all above the net. I needed to know so I could correctly gauge my level of "wow!"
:)

LOL! I don't know if there's a correct. I was just clarifying because at one point you called them tops and another you said all above the net. I needed to know so I could correctly gauge my level of "wow!"
:)

Haha ok I wasn’t sure if I was incorrect somewhere! Once the “budlets” start to form I’ll be able to get some good pictures showing how many tops there are!

Back
Top Bottom