Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Straightened out and committed to video!
Yeah buddy... lesson learned from this last batch. *never try to video the first attempt of a recipe!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Every friggin' step was a catastrophe this time. LoL

I'm on it though...
:thumb:

Sorry I realize this was 80 posts ago, but it was 420!

Hope you have some great fans in that tent...you're gonna need them with these plants:thumb:.

Yea I have 6” huricane blowing below the canopy an 8” vortex fan blow up for heat movement and a 12” circular fan rotating above the canopy! Lots of air movement in there and I’ll be doing a leaf strip once the stretch stops to allow maximum light and airflow potential !!

Maybe I'll get my canna-fudge recipe straightened out by then. LoL
:high-five:

Cannafudge!? :drool:Fudge off bro! I love fudge haha would definitely need this recipe from you..... Uh now?:rofl::high-five: I look forward to the video! Bloopers included:rofl:

Thanks for taking note @AngryBird
We need this documented for future purposes lol

Yea I have 6” huricane blowing below the canopy an 8” vortex fan blow up for heat movement and a 12” circular fan rotating above the canopy! Lots of air movement in there and I’ll be doing a leaf strip once the stretch stops to allow maximum light and airflow potential !!

Cannafudge!? :drool:Fudge off bro! I love fudge haha would definitely need this recipe from you..... Uh now?:rofl::high-five: I look forward to the video! Bloopers included:rofl:

Thanks for taking note @AngryBird
We need this documented for future purposes lol

I make some awesome Canna Butter Cream chocolates:

1) Mix 1/2 cup of softened cannabutter with 3 oz. of softened cream cheese, 4 cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Beat until smooth and stick in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.

2) Take the buttercream mixture out of the fridge and form into small balls (maybe 1" diameter - these are STRONG!) A small "melon baller" helps get them nice & round cuz' they tend to melt in your hands if you try to roll them. If you don't have a melon baller, just use a spoon or two to form them as best as possible. Put balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and back into fridge to firm back up.

3) Melt 12 oz. of good chocolate (or 1 bag of chocolate chips!) with 2 tbs. infused coconut oil over low heat stirring continuously until smooth.

4) Take buttercream balls out of fridge and, using fork, dip them a couple of times in the melted chocolate mixture and place them back on the wax paper lined baking sheet. If you want to get fancy, you can sprinkle with more shaved chocolate, crushed toffee, finely chopped nuts, or the topping of your choice but it's overkill at that point! :rofl:

5) Back in fridge for another hour and they're done!

These are some awesome chocolates with a hard shell outside and smooth, creamy, chocolatey inside that just melts in your mouth. The cannabutter gives the chocolate creams somewhat of a "nutty" flavor, which is also nice.

Depending on how strong you make your cannabutter and infused oil, and on how large you form your chocolates, these can be VERY potent. I have friends that literally cut one of these chocolates in thirds, although, I can take a whole one - two if I'm not too tired that I just fall asleep! :rofl:

I also store mine in the freezer when done. They last forever and can literally be eaten frozen since they're small enough that they just defrost and quickly melt in your mouth (can be a bit cold for a minute, though!) but, at minimum, I'd recommend storing in the fridge because of the cream cheese.

Let me know how you like these - my friends LOVE them and are always asking me to make more! :goodluck:

1) Mix 1/2 cup of softened cannabutter with 3 oz. of softened cream cheese, 4 cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Beat until smooth and stick in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.

2) Take the buttercream mixture out of the fridge and form into small balls (maybe 1" diameter - these are STRONG!) A small "melon baller" helps get them nice & round cuz' they tend to melt in your hands if you try to roll them. If you don't have a melon baller, just use a spoon or two to form them as best as possible. Put balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and back into fridge to firm back up.

3) Melt 12 oz. of good chocolate (or 1 bag of chocolate chips!) with 2 tbs. infused coconut oil over low heat stirring continuously until smooth.

4) Take buttercream balls out of fridge and, using fork, dip them a couple of times in the melted chocolate mixture and place them back on the wax paper lined baking sheet. If you want to get fancy, you can sprinkle with more shaved chocolate, crushed toffee, finely chopped nuts, or the topping of your choice but it's overkill at that point! :rofl:

These are some awesome chocolates with a hard shell outside and smooth, creamy, chocolatey inside that just melts in your mouth. The cannabutter gives the chocolate creams somewhat of a "nutty" flavor, which is also nice.

Depending on how strong you make your cannabutter and infused oil, and on how large you form your chocolates, these can be VERY potent. I have friends that literally cut one of these chocolates in thirds, although, I can take a whole one - two if I'm not too tired that I just fall asleep! :rofl:

I also store mine in the freezer when done. They last forever and can literally be eaten frozen since they're small enough that they just defrost and quickly melt in your mouth (can be a bit cold for a minute, though!) but, at minimum, I'd recommend storing in the fridge because of the cream cheese.

Let me know how you like these - my friends LOVE them and are always asking me to make more! :goodluck:

Thanks for that recipe Krip! That’s sounds super tasty and I’m a sucker for a good edible!

I will definitely try these out and let you know!

That is going to be called MrKrip's canna butter cream choco. (with your permission of course)

Plants gone wild there Dutch. You're at a week in flower? I'm thinking
gonna need a bigger tent! Good problems to have.

It's gonna get big in there. Doing a great job. Healthy plants and they are going to need a lot of water in a few weeks. Big plants like water. I'm seeing a bucket brigade in your future. You're young you can do this. :high-five:

For flowering times I start counting at the flip of lighting to 12/12 I think that's what the breeders go by. Yeah sure you can throw a plant in early in flower say 21ish days in VEG and it will take another 3 weeks or more for flowers to show but the end time is still going to be pretty close to as advertised.

I've got sativa that takes 30-40 days to show flowers after flip. If I counted from time of flowers showing it would be a 70-80 day Sativa. That doesn't sound right to me. Not when its supposed to be a 120 day flower time. If the breeder advertised a 70-80 day flower time for a Landrace Sativa... it just wont go over well specially when the flowers don't show till day 40 or more after flip.

For VEG time I day my seedlings on the day I plant them in soil. So that may take a week or so. I don't count that early seedling time when there's no true leaves.
That's just how I do it.

It's probably more important to go by what the breeders say. I've had plants finish in under 50 days of flower from flip. So that would be say under 40 days of flower if I counted from the show of pre-flowers. Don't see anyone advertising that kind flowering time. Just thinking out loud.

Pulling up a chair to follow the monster EM autophems ;)

Had a chance to catch read up n catch up!
Amazing work and for your first grow as well, showing how key research is!!!!

Very impressive WW's, it's amazing what ph can do when off a few days.

Driving by Dutch :surf: Looking super speccy in your tent!

My Early Miss turns out to be a proper auto. Just had slow growth to start (because of gnats I think). It’s doing the flowering thing for sure now :thumb:

I love fudge! :drool::drool:

Mmm... oh blueberry... goodnight ...

Thanks for the positive vibes Amy! I am imagining the flavour of my buds right now lol! So envious lol!
Detox day 1 !

Plants gone wild there Dutch. You're at a week in flower? I'm thinking
gonna need a bigger tent! Good problems to have.

It's gonna get big in there. Doing a great job. Healthy plants and they are going to need a lot of water in a few weeks. Big plants like water. I'm seeing a bucket brigade in your future. You're young you can do this. :high-five:

For flowering times I start counting at the flip of lighting to 12/12 I think that's what the breeders go by. Yeah sure you can throw a plant in early in flower say 21ish days in VEG and it will take another 3 weeks or more for flowers to show but the end time is still going to be pretty close to as advertised.

I've got sativa that takes 30-40 days to show flowers after flip. If I counted from time of flowers showing it would be a 70-80 day Sativa. That doesn't sound right to me. Not when its supposed to be a 120 day flower time. If the breeder advertised a 70-80 day flower time for a Landrace Sativa... it just wont go over well specially when the flowers don't show till day 40 or more after flip.

For VEG time I day my seedlings on the day I plant them in soil. So that may take a week or so. I don't count that early seedling time when there's no true leaves.
That's just how I do it.

It's probably more important to go by what the breeders say. I've had plants finish in under 50 days of flower from flip. So that would be say under 40 days of flower if I counted from the show of pre-flowers. Don't see anyone advertising that kind flowering time. Just thinking out loud.

Thanks Bo ! I appreciate the input and I’ve decided to just document it all! The days since flip and days since pistils showed just so I can answer correctly !
For VEG I start once I see the first set of true leaves. Since these are my first plants and first photoperiods, I was just curious as to how people time it all! So thanks again for your insights!
My tent is definitely going to be bursting at the seams by the end of this grow! I’m eager to see what these lovely ladies have in store for the next few weeks! Not a bad problem to have at all ! I’ve got my watering arms ready cause I know these girls are going to get thirsty real quick !

Back
Top Bottom