DWC 2nd Run

Thanks I have a bag of ocean so I'll pick up the other ones I'm gonna start in a couple weeks so I'm excited I love my dwc but I have to many issues with water temps they don't destroy anything but a lot of road blocks

I've been having some success in my DWC with Great White from plant Success. I haven't had cloudy/milky nasty ass water for a few weeks now. Also I have been reading a lot of good things about Heisenburg Tea, I haven't tried it yet but some folks swear by it. It's fairly easy to make and cheap too.

That's weird.. I haven't had any of those issues. No smell no black shit all I had was a little root rot due to a light leak. How often are u guys flushing ur res? Sure no light leaks?

Weird.... U can try great white. I would actually pic up Orka. It's the liquid form of Great White. And I assume I tried H202 right?

Weird.... U can try great white. I would actually pic up Orka. It's the liquid form of Great White. And I assume I tried H202 right?

Oh yeah. I was getting milky or cloudy water just 5-8 hours after a complete clean out...using bleach/peroxide and clearing solution. Smells like a dirty mop. I've had root rot before and this isn't the same thing in my opinion. It's a bacteria I believe that was heat related. Between adding more air stones and an AC duct to the room....Great white in the tanks, I'm not exactly sure what cleared it up. Here is an image of it.
SDC10853.jpg

SDC10852.jpg

That's wild. May be the composition of your water. Where you using tap water? We'll water? Distilled/RO?

Tap water. I've gone through several grows using tap water, same nutes, same setup...only thing I really changed was a bigger light system (4 ft HO T5) and I added the tubes to make it easier to change my DWC buckets and never had this problem before. Maybe it was a light leak via the tubes I installed (repaired since) or something, I'm really not sure what the heck caused it but it's relentless. I'm glad it's gone.

Quick question my plant has been growing Ok but the roots are starting to rot because of temp was to high since my thermometer was off my 8 degrees! Would cloning the plant and using soil will it save the strain? Since it'll have new roots it won't have rot right?

If you clone your plant yes you can put it in soil. And it will not have root rot from the current plant.

mcnasty, I thought you had your root problem fixed? You using beneficiary bacteria right? If you are running beanies high temps dont really matter....

What kind of beneficiaries are you using again?

Wait, you mean you are using hygrozyme? I cant find that suppliment you named. Hygrozyme has no beneficiaries bacteria and this is why you are having root problems. I thought you were running beanies from an earlier conversation. Some type of beanies must be run in hydro so you dont have root problems.

Mcnasty, Get you some aquashield or one of the other beneficiary bacteria products and it will cure your root and temp issues..... If possible make the Heisenberg tea and run that.... You will never look back. Its a boost of beanies! You can order some and with shipping would be like $15...

Back
Top Bottom