Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

When you mean height robber, do you mean that you can see the stalk is growing downword? Cause I've had that happen to me many times. Somehow the stalk grows and bust out of my net pots. W/ my Bubba it happens often. Is this what you mean?

Not so much that it's pulled the stalk through, but as the roots grew and grabbed onto the rocks, the plants settled about 3/4-1", enough that the lower leaves were laying on top of the lid...kind of roughed them up a little.

gotcha. Now I get it. Sorry Kinda slow today..LOl..Your ladies look like they are going to have some fat A*S fan leafs. Great work as usual Southern..+rep (if and when I can)

Thanks for the rep and the kind words TB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well alot going on today, but before I start I need to fall back and tell y'all something I did last week that I forgot to post up. In my last grow, as I transitioned from 18/6 to 12/12, I dropped 30 mins of light a day, sort of simulating fall setting in to see if some things I read proved out...they did, by the time I got to 12/12, one plant had easily visible hairs and the other had them, you just needed magnification to see them.

I couldn't really do that with a 2 week veg, but last week I started cutting 1 hour of light a day beginning on Tuesday, to get me to 12/12 on the res change.

Now I realize what I'm about to post will push the very limits of any small amount of credibility I've managed to build up, and the claim will seem even more outlandish due to the lack of photographic evidence, but Legs has visible hairs. I think, in one place, I can make out the very beginnings of a couple on the Runt...a few more hours should tell the tale on that.

Now, it's not all gumdrops and sunshine. A midweek nutrient change is going to be necesary...I have two new buckets going through the PH cycle right now. When the water level was brought back to normal, my PPM was down enough I decided to go ahead and give them a fresh solution. Mix amounts are identical to the previous post, so I'll not go through all that again.

They are definitely going vertical...

Legs

100_2177.jpg

100_2178.jpg

The Runt

100_2179.jpg

100_21821.jpg

Ought to be interesting watching how they respond to a fresh nutrient solution. Love to see it cause them to explode...'course, they ain't doing to bad right now.

Y'all have a great day.

Thanks for the rep and the kind words TB.

Well alot going on today, but before I start I need to fall back and tell y'all something I did last week that I forgot to post up. In my last grow, as I transitioned from 18/6 to 12/12, I dropped 30 mins of light a day, sort of simulating fall setting in to see if some things I read proved out...they did, by the time I got to 12/12, one plant had easily visible hairs and the other had them, you just needed magnification to see them.

I couldn't really do that with a 2 week veg, but last week I started cutting 1 hour of light a day beginning on Tuesday, to get me to 12/12 on the res change.

Now I realize what I'm about to post will push the very limits of any small amount of credibility I've managed to build up, and the claim will seem even more outlandish due to the lack of photographic evidence, but Legs has visible hairs. I think, in one place, I can make out the very beginnings of a couple on the Runt...a few more hours should tell the tale on that.

Now, it's not all gumdrops and sunshine. A midweek nutrient change is going to be necesary...I have two new buckets going through the PH cycle right now. When the water level was brought back to normal, my PPM was down enough I decided to go ahead and give them a fresh solution. Mix amounts are identical to the previous post, so I'll not go through all that again.

They are definitely going vertical...

Legs

100_2177.jpg

100_2178.jpg

The Runt

100_2179.jpg

100_21821.jpg

Ought to be interesting watching how they respond to a fresh nutrient solution. Love to see it cause them to explode...'course, they ain't doing to bad right now.

Y'all have a great day.

SW...I dont recall..are these femmed? they sure look female. Im all out of reps bro...they are f**king perfect plants!

SW...I dont recall..are these femmed? they sure look female. Im all out of reps bro...they are f**king perfect plants!

Yep, couple freebie LA Woman seeds...I didn't get one of the x3 seeds like some lucky so and so's I know, lol. Thanks for trying to toss some rep at me Brother, still counts in my book. They do look pretty f'ing nice don't they? As they gain some vertical height, they'll turn into some beautiful ladies.

Yep, couple freebie LA Woman seeds...I didn't get one of the x3 seeds like some lucky so and so's I know, lol. Thanks for trying to toss some rep at me Brother, still counts in my book. They do look pretty f'ing nice don't they? As they gain some vertical height, they'll turn into some beautiful ladies.

bro they look EXACTLY like my LA woman triplets...except they def arent identical trips...fraternal maybe? as long as they are fem!

Gonna need some more votes...dead heat 14-14...Violator Kush has made up alot of ground this week.

Bouya!
VK, with a cherry on top.
SF
right on SF!
go VK go VK go VK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vk has taken the lead...by one vote...around 4 weeks left to have your vote counted.

I have to admit, I wasn't 100% sure if a midweek nute change was a good idea, but with my PPM levels down 40% I new that deficiencies were just around the corner, so I took the chance.

Early on, the plants got a little droopy and I wondered if I had made a mistake. Shouldn't have been worried, they perked back up a couple hours before lights out.

The plant's just exploded overnight. Legs nearly doubled her height yesterday and the Runt really got into stretch gear. By the way, there are clearly visible hairs on the Runt today.

Needed about 1/2 gallon water in each bucket this AM to get back to the fill mark...PPM drop was small. PH remained stable...I've been quite pleased with not having to adjust PH 2-3 times a day.

So far so good.

Y'all have a great day.

The color on your plants is amazing I think if I needed to show someone a pic of a perfect plant it would have to link right here +reps man you deserve it. :goodjob: I was talking to my wife the other day about how much you spent in nutes but from the looks of it it was worth every penny.

The color on your plants is amazing I think if I needed to show someone a pic of a perfect plant it would have to link right here +reps man you deserve it. :goodjob: I was talking to my wife the other day about how much you spent in nutes but from the looks of it it was worth every penny.

Thanks for the rep, Brother.

Yes, the H&G nutrients are spendy, but no more so than any other top end nutrient/additive line.

Now I've learned my lesson about getting over stoked, early on, when doing or using something new...but so far I'm extremely encouraged. With the exception of some PH volatility in a used up bucket, a common occurrence in any nutrient line, I have no complaints or concerns at this point.

These girls make me look like I know what I'm doing, and we all know that ain't the case. Legs grew another 1.5" yesterday, the Runt 1.25". Both are the picture of health.

Rather surprisingly, neither plant needed much water this morning, less than a quart each...about a pint and a half actually. I pulled the tops off and gave the roots a good going over and I have to say, they are impressive. I've got some serious root thickening and secondary root growth going on in those two buckets.

I'm sure strain has alot to do with it, and I do try my best to keep the plants short ant stacked up, but I've never grown a plant that was this...squat, I guess is the best word for it. They remind me quite alot of cabbages.

I've decided to leave them under the MH for one more week, then the second light goes in and 1200 watts of HPS will beam down.

Snapped a couple of pics real quick this morning...

Legs

100_2184.jpg

100_21851.jpg

The Runt

100_21871.jpg

100_21882.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

Wow. Big difference from the last update to now.. Whoa bro.

+rep SW

dro:reading420magazine:

Grow on!!

Good clean growth. Love the big fat indica leaves

Wow. Big difference from the last update to now.. Whoa bro.

+rep SW

dro:reading420magazine:

looking good brother grower....love the fat leaves :rollit:

Growing fast and healthy!

That's my kind of cabbage bro ;).

Lookin good! keep it up.

Thanks guys, I'm very happy with where I'm at right now and looking forward to watching those fat leaves power an awsome bloom.

Back
Top Bottom