Ed's 12/12 Tent Version 3

Happy to report another healthy Wappa clone just got up potted :cheesygrinsmiley: LilWil5

Two didn't make it :sorry: but it looks like one more is on the comeback :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think some algae buildup in the grow dome may have contributed to the low clone take rate. Also had two germinated but failed to sprout beans in there :sorry: It's since been sanitized for the next round of clones and/or sprouts.

There's no 12/12 space yet for LilWil5 for another 22 days and I may leave her in longer this time around.

:oops: LilWil2 Wappa clone harvest update: we broke the 60 gram barrier :cheesygrinsmiley::slide:

:yahoo:151 grams :yummy:
07 02 2021 LilWil2 harvest 151.jpg

So thankful for this Golden Age for home growers and for this forum and it's members!
:thumb:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Happy to report two Wappa clones in the waiting :cheesygrinsmiley:

LilWil6 Wappa just up potted into a 1 gallon container, hopefully to slow her growth a bit.

LilWil5 Wappa a few inches ahead of her up potted into a 3 gallon container 5 days ago.

Critical Mass Auto Clone1 (and only :sorry:) off to the left.
07 06 2021 LilWil5 LilWil6.jpg

:oops:something went wrong with LilWil4 Wappa clone :oops:

No change in lights, nutrients, watering schedule, etc.

She is now flowering 32 days.
07 28 2021 LilWil4.jpg

This crud is not everywhere, but enough to worry me. About 2 weeks ago I cleared off a lot of bottom growth but have seen no improvement.
07 28 2021 LilWil4 2.jpg

and a whole plant shot.

07 28 2021 LilWil4 3.jpg

As you can see, she just got moved outside in case whatever she has is contagious.

Do you think these buds are salvageable for bubble hash maybe?

:oops:something went wrong with LilWil4 Wappa clone :oops:

No change in lights, nutrients, watering schedule, etc.

She is now flowering 32 days.
07 28 2021 LilWil4.jpg

This crud is not everywhere, but enough to worry me. About 2 weeks ago I cleared off a lot of bottom growth but have seen no improvement.
07 28 2021 LilWil4 2.jpg

and a whole plant shot.

07 28 2021 LilWil4 3.jpg

As you can see, she just got moved outside in case whatever she has is contagious.

Do you think these buds are salvageable for bubble hash maybe?
@Bill284 .... @copperrein ... what do you think?

Oh Ed, don't ask me clone questions. Mine never make it past the solo cup phase. To my inexperienced eye it looks like you've still got some flower nutes missing from your feed (I'd add an appropriate amount of calmag, too), which is weakening the plant and helping along mites/mildew. Does that white stuff rub off?

You should clear out anything dead, dying, or too yellow and spotty. Chlorophyll isn't performing well enough to justify the drain on the plant those leaves are causing. If late flower defol helps negate a major issue like an infection/infestation and results in new veg growth that's healthy, I feel it's not an end-of-the-world move. Some buds may be saved, right? It's just my thinking tho and as Levar Burton always said: You don't have to take my word for it.

In terms of smokability I would say harvest and wash before trim in room temp water with 10-20% hydrogen peroxide, as well as after (two washes total), start the cure and sample early. If that's mold or mildew I wouldn't smoke it, I'd turn it into hash first and then convert it to an oil or butter for yummy stuff.

I'm fighting all sorts of shit with my plants this year, this weather is just not treating any of our girls well. I feel for you, dude <3

Oh Ed, don't ask me clone questions. Mine never make it past the solo cup phase. To my inexperienced eye it looks like you've still got some flower nutes missing from your feed (I'd add an appropriate amount of calmag, too), which is weakening the plant and helping along mites/mildew. Does that white stuff rub off?

You should clear out anything dead, dying, or too yellow and spotty. Chlorophyll isn't performing well enough to justify the drain on the plant those leaves are causing. If late flower defol helps negate a major issue like an infection/infestation and results in new veg growth that's healthy, I feel it's not an end-of-the-world move. Some buds may be saved, right? It's just my thinking tho and as Levar Burton always said: You don't have to take my word for it.

In terms of smokability I would say harvest and wash before trim in room temp water with 10-20% hydrogen peroxide, as well as after (two washes total), start the cure and sample early. If that's mold or mildew I wouldn't smoke it, I'd turn it into hash first and then convert it to an oil or butter for yummy stuff.

I'm fighting all sorts of shit with my plants this year, this weather is just not treating any of our girls well. I feel for you, dude <3
Thank you!
And, no unfortunately that crud does not rub off.

2 days ago, I sprayed affected areas with a diluted hydrogen peroxide mix that is supposed to be a last resort for mold. Today, she looked a little better, so I reapplied the HP to areas still affected. It seems isolated to one side of the plant, which was in a corner probably for too long. She got away from me and grew too many small lobes to produce big buds.

I just gave her late flower nutrients at 160% my usual dose.

Hopefully tomorrow she shows a bit more improvement, I will try to remember to post a progress photo. I like the idea of running it through the bubble machine and making butter with it :cheesygrinsmiley: I am amassing an interesting variety of sources but my buddy with the bubbler wants to wait for cooler weather :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you!
And, no unfortunately that crud does not rub off.

2 days ago, I sprayed affected areas with a diluted hydrogen peroxide mix that is supposed to be a last resort for mold. Today, she looked a little better, so I reapplied the HP to areas still affected. It seems isolated to one side of the plant, which was in a corner probably for too long. She got away from me and grew too many small lobes to produce big buds.

I just gave her late flower nutrients at 160% my usual dose.

Hopefully tomorrow she shows a bit more improvement, I will try to remember to post a progress photo. I like the idea of running it through the bubble machine and making butter with it :cheesygrinsmiley: I am amassing an interesting variety of sources but my buddy with the bubbler wants to wait for cooler weather :cheesygrinsmiley:
07 30 2021 LilWil4 .jpg

If it doesn't rub off it might just be mites or something similar. You should ask in the pests/deficiencies thread about how to proceed and for a better diagnosis of what's actually going on. You might not have to turn the entire plant into concentrates.

Re-posting in PEST PROBLEMS was a very helpful idea @copperrein - thank you.

Pest infestation, possibly thrips.

Working on bringing her back, and applying prevention treatments to the 3 ladies inside.

If she survives and warrants keeping, I will give this bud washing a try
Bud washing
:thumb:

Keeping a close eye on LilWil5 Wappa after evacuating LilWil4 with her pest infestation.

I am cutting off discoloring or drooping growth daily, usually 3-4 leaves a day, mostly bottom leaves. Today, she had two droopy sub lobes off of one of her 4 main lobes, so I cut them back too.

Gave her a misting with a very light nutrient spray and prayed for her.
08 04 2021 LilWil5.jpg

LilWil4 Wappa is a goner, lost to thrips is my best guess. RIP LilWil4, valiant effort on your behalf with only me to blame
LilWil5 Wappa now at day #23 flowering and so far so good.

LilWil6 Wappa in waiting with about 9 days to go. Having a helluva time trying to clone her to keep this beautiful strain going.

:hmmmm: I think (hope, pray?) I've identified the underlying condition causing the general yellowing and leaf curling ...

too low pH :sorry:

Here is new entry LilWil6 Wappa at 2 days under 12/12. It's less than 24 hours now that she had her pH therapy and her leaves are dramatically greener and less curled.
08 27 2021 Wappa6 Day2.jpg

And here is LilWil5 Wappa at Flip Day #35
08 27 2021 Wappa5 Day 35.jpg

They're both pretty saturated now after their flushings. Trying to employ patience now awaiting their drying out. I will pH future waterings to 7 and monitor for a pH output of 6.2-7.0

Continuing pH therapy. Adjusted Saturday's plain watering to 7, the runoff from LilWil5 still running low @5.5. LilWil6 a little better @6.2. I then adjusted the remaining runoff to 7. Today was their first post flush nutrient feed. LilWil6 is at 37 days flowering so she got Cha Ching, then I adjusted the 5.3 water to 6.8 and fed her 3 liters. Her runoff was 5.8 so I again adjusted her runoff to 7. LilWil6 got 3 liters of Open Sesame adjusted to 6.8 and yielded runoff of 6.2. Adjusted her runoff to 7.

Leaf color and shape continue to visibly improve on LilWil6.
08 30 2021 LilWil6.jpg

LilWil5 at 37 days flowering
08 30 2021 LilWil5.jpg

Still battling low pH runoff.

Methink$ my mi$erly way$ are coming to rightfully bite me on my a$$ :hmmmm:

Henceforth, no reusing fabric bags. I think their crust is throwing off the pH.

LilWil6 Wappa at 14 days flowering
09 08 2021 LilWil6.jpg

LilWil5 Wappa at 46 days flowering
09 08 2021 LilWil5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom