Electric Shaman's Current Grow

I put a close-up in last month and didn't get a sniff. Took a pretty cool concept picture today. Hope I do better this month!

Hey there ES, whats the flowering range on the Gigabud? Looks to me you have a while to go... All those pistils are still white, while I have only been growing a few years I dont think I have seen any that the pistils dont go brown...
So that just makes me curious, when did you plan to chop those top colas?

Hello dajerm119,

I think they have at least 2 more weeks (9 weeks total) All the GigaBuds are like this. I've grown this one for while now. The pistils will change eventually. I have had a few where the pistils stayed white. I only go by the trichomes. Check back I'll post all of the info I can on each strain.

I'll be posting Blueberry #2 in a minute. The pistils are mostly orange a week ago. Looked like it could be harvested but the trichomes are clear. Fast forward to this week more white pistils coming out and the trichomes are still clear. I get many microscope pictures when they start turning milky white!

Split harvest mean more bud! ES

Blueberry #2 was put on a little size and more white pistils this week. The trichomes are still running clear. I think this one has about 2 weeks to go. I started reducing the ppm down to about 1000. I stopped Fox Farm Big Grow this week. It was only getting 1 ml but it's late in the game so no more.

Microsoft Word keeps crashing. I'm gonna reboot and see if it helps. If not I'll have to reload it damn! Same thing happened last week.

ES

I see more cloudy than clear. Do you wait for them to go completely cloudy?

You’d mentioned that at Day 30 the Blueberry has no real smell yet. Has that changed?

And I live the idea of a staggered harvest. You have me reconsidering. I typically think about it but then need the space for someone who won’t be held off any longer. Lol!

I train mine heavy too. My best plants were ones I cut back almost to the ground and let regrow. It’s nuce to find a like-minded grower.

I see more cloudy than clear. Do you wait for them to go completely cloudy?

You’d mentioned that at Day 30 the Blueberry has no real smell yet. Has that changed?

Miss Sue,

I look over all the top buds and just an idea on everything. Overall it was more clear than cloudy. I put this one on my twice a week watch list. So Tuesday and Saturday I take a look.

Strange Seedsman Blueberry, I had 2 free beans and wanted to cycle through a good blue strain. I popped both. Ole Blueberry #1 was the runt but the buds are really pretty, and it smells wonderful. Blueberry 2 was multi branched, firm nugs and no real smell. If ya touch a stem you can get a whiff of things to come but moving them out of the tent for pictures, nah not so much.

I have Blueberry Cheesecake for the next round. I'll find a good blue somewhere. Who knows maybe two?

I'm growing a Black D.O.G. at the moment, coming into the end, and she smells of blueberry as soon as you look at her. Lol! Strongest-smelling plant I think I've grown, come to think of it.

And I live the idea of a staggered harvest. You have me reconsidering. I typically think about it but then need the space for someone who won’t be held off any longer. Lol!

I train mine heavy too. My best plants were ones I cut back almost to the ground and let regrow. It’s nice to find a like-minded grower.

I don't train the plant just for the sake of training. I train for the space. I tried some simple Bonsai training with wire on this grow. I need a little thicker wire than the 22 gauge copper I used. I want to document training in a 90° and 45° configuration. It worked pretty good this time. Just another experiments with indoor MJ.

I do think outside the box. ES.

I don't train the plant just for the sake of training. I train for the space. I tried some simple Bonsai training with wire on this grow. I need a little thicker wire than the 22 gauge copper I used. I want to document training in a 90° and 45° configuration. It worked pretty good this time. Just another experiments with indoor MJ.

I do think outside the box. ES.

That's a fine trait to cultivate. It expands the human potential. My husband was a bonsai enthusiast, and left his tools behind when he passed. I have wire in many gauges. I used some to train the first Jamaican I grew, and that was fun.

These days I've been playing with sinking bamboo poles around the pot and contain the plant with a simple trellis of chenille craft sticks. I tack the branches to the poles or to the trellis to keep them to the height I need them to be.

Just started playing with this recently, and it's working pretty well, at least so far.

I'm growing a Black D.O.G. at the moment, coming into the end, and she smells of blueberry as soon as you look at her. Lol! Strongest-smelling plant I think I've grown, come to think of it.

I wrote that down. Maybe a cross with Blueberry and Blueberry cheesecake may be in order. I'll have to grow some fem pollen and let them dance together.

Budding right along. :yahoo:
Hello Advocate420,

I'm decompressing from when MS Word messed up my main grow journal. I was able to save it last week through fiasco but lost it this week. Poof 350 pages gone.

I do keep duplicate records for the individual plants but all the hard core detail is lost to cyberland. Floating in a sea of zero's and ones of everyone else's happenings in the Microsoft Graveyard of documents. Long may it live in infamy.

ES

That's a fine trait to cultivate. It expands the human potential. My husband was a bonsai enthusiast, and left his tools behind when he passed. I have wire in many gauges. I used some to train the first Jamaican I grew, and that was fun.

These days I've been playing with sinking bamboo poles around the pot and contain the plant with a simple trellis of chenille craft sticks. I tack the branches to the poles or to the trellis to keep them to the height I need them to be.

Just started playing with this recently, and it's working pretty well, at least so far.

Great minds think alike. I too use bamboo for support stakes, I stakes all the tall ones today. I'm not into nets or growing little plants. I want to see some of the natural structure. I pull the tiedown pins in the last 2 weeks of veg and make everything fit like a jigsaw puzzle. I mark the pots with a piece of tape to the front so I know how they go back in. I have a small table next to the tent to inspect, training and document each plant once a week. I like stability and mobility!

ES

Day 91 Week 15 - Flo Week 7 Day 45- Maui Waui

I finally had to stake this one up. All the tallest branches were leaning. Breaking at the bottom of the branch was very real. All is well with the world now. I'm thinking this one will go at least 12 weeks. That will allow me to stagger the harvest. I look at it this way. If I want more yield I'll get a second tent. I'm going for quality over quantity. Pushing each strain to the max and documenting the grows so they can be recreated not perfectly but close enough. I'm not scientist by any means but I also have severe memory loss. This is difficult as it is. But I can follow a step by step guide that I make. It's how I see the world now. Very different than the beautiful mind I had before! Sorry I ramble sometimes.

Maui Waui is smelling wonderful, Pineapple, Oranges and Papayas. What it not to love about this one. I had to break out the mini Louisville Slugger for a compare!

We have similar intentions, I believe. I work in hempy and discovered my most consistent plants were in about a gallon of perlite. So I went looking and found one-gallon Rubbermaid pitchers. Straight sides, nice and deep, and with a sturdy handle for moving around.

I’ll be converting most of the plants to them. They’re much easier to move around than the other pots, although both that I use are easy to work with.

I’m taking up all your time. This has been a nice conversation. I’m getting ready to start a sensitization protocol that’ll have me abstaining from cannabis for a couple days. This was a sweet way to transition. Thanks for indulging me this evening. I’ll check in tomorrow morning. :battingeyelashes:

I wouldn’t worry about the data glitch. You obviously know your plants and have a way of communicating with them. You don’t grow like this without instincts.

Think of the lost journal as a training ground. You’re not looking back, you’re moving forward.

I make little cards for each plant.

Mine have basic info, but that can be modified as needed. The wall has magnetic paint. The cards allow me to look for patterns in a different way. I’m more visual than a chart on a screen can offer. My cards won’t vanish in the snap of a digital finger.

Each plant also has a flow chart individual to it with all the information you always go looking for. I love the challenge of data collection. Lol!

Hello Advocate420,

I'm decompressing from when MS Word messed up my main grow journal. I was able to save it last week through fiasco but lost it this week. Poof 350 pages gone.

I do keep duplicate records for the individual plants but all the hard core detail is lost to cyberland. Floating in a sea of zero's and ones of everyone else's happenings in the Microsoft Graveyard of documents. Long may it live in infamy.

ES
Holy crAp. I might have 350 pages of, well not a Grow journal, yikes. Bummer if you lost some of your records.

Day 91 Week 15 - Flo Week 7 Day 45- Double Black

Double Black has been intriguing. If most plants are the Devils Lettuce this is the Devil's Cabbage. I keep using the work stout. I had to do constant pruning of fan leaves on this one. You would never see the lower canopy if ya just let it go. It is frosting up like granulated sugar. The trichomes are clear so I'm thinking at least 2 weeks. It is not on the watch list this week.

Back
Top Bottom