Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I had to get up for the startup this morning because I hooked up my lights to come on at same time and wanted to make sure all went well. The 20 amp circuit would pop if overloaded as I run GFI's everywhere. I figure the cold strike time on the HID gives the LED enough time to fully energize before the HID demand is applied. All went well. Because I was up early I actually got out of my own thread and went out socializing. Yep, checked in on bro-otter. Soon started thinking about experimenting with his setup. This stuff gives us sick folks reasons to get going. Thanks bro
You got it! It's much better to choose to focus on growing and experimenting than the bs in the world. Thanks for the visit.

Fixing to mix up the MEJA solutions today. Got to wait for the wife to head to town. She suspects nothing amiss today, so we ought have the lab too ourselves and the fun can commence when the silhouette of her car disappears into the corn fields surrounding the shire.

The plants know my plans. The girls are giggling, play time. :bongrip:

Well, my plans are delayed as the assistant returned home to retrieve her grocery list and caught us red handed. LOL She say's next time.
Was thinking haven't heard from @InTheShed shed of late, (hope all is good) then got somehow too thinking about life in SoCal. Another trick old Humboldt hippies had back in the day was to hit the fresh water, creeks and streams (not easy to find) and pan for some "fools gold". They claimed it leached other goodies when amended into their mediums.
note to self;
look into the mineral stuff
Sky? You heard of this?

Well, my plans are delayed as the assistant returned home to retrieve her grocery list and caught us red handed. LOL She say's next time.
Was thinking haven't heard from @InTheShed shed of late, (hope all is good) then got somehow too thinking about life in SoCal. Another trick old Humboldt hippies had back in the day was to hit the fresh water, creeks and streams (not easy to find) and pan for some "fools gold". They claimed it leached other goodies when amended into their mediums.
note to self;
look into the mineral stuff
Sky? You heard of this?

what, that streams have minerals? yes, but I presume the variation and concentrations would vary widely stream to stream. Lots of different rock dusts have the same benefits, as well as molasses also being loaded up with micros.

I use blackstrap molasses in my wormstrap tea I give the girls as treats sometimes. :)
We got a gallon of 100 and 150 ppm. foliar solutions of MEJA prepared and ready for duty.
Waiting for flower day #40 to begin treatments.

Although I enjoy deploying scrogs and will continue the practice, my friend Sky mentioning tinkering with the containers has me thinking. :bongrip: What if I started incorporating the lip sinks on my containers. :bongrip: I bet it would be the cat's meow.

Especially when the clones are stand alone Queens because the scrogs are full. Yeppers.

I find the yellow yoyos conveniently clip onto the rims of pots so I can hook a branch, batten down the branch and lock that setting into the yoyo, so when potting up to another size, it can easily be undid and redid.

tinkering with the containers

Reminds me, I've spent SO much time tinkering with my first grow! LST, Mainlining, Quadlining, Topping, Trimming, Training, Snipping, Fimming, Pruning, Tucking... and a Partridge in a Pear Tree! <no I didn't DO all those things but I'm certainly learning about them>

I was reading a post the other day and an experienced grower that has many plants was asked what they are doing with their current grow... he said I top them once, prune them once and let them grow. He puts a modified tomato cage on his pots that takes care of all the support.

Um, I just put my first grow into flower, and his method is REALLY attractive right now! lol

Ahoy Brian,
Sorting thru what works best for you is a process that at least for me does not seem to end. Each grow is different in this way or that from all the others, and that includes how well or not my back is doing. When I have the energy and not hurting too bad I put more effort into the grow. If I am busy, bummed, hurting or anything, the time spent with and working on my plants decreases.

A note; I am disabled and cannot work so the amount of time available too me for gardening is far greater than would be available if I were still happily employed. Many time consuming & tedious chores become enjoyable pastimes when your stuck at home talking to plants and computers all day.

I find the yellow yoyos conveniently clip onto the rims of pots so I can hook a branch, batten down the branch and lock that setting into the yoyo, so when potting up to another size, it can easily be undid and redid.
yellow yoyo's ya say, can't spend no money for a while. someone did not like my purchase of MEJA.
in all fairness there is a very limited budget, so you will see improvisations of ideas in many of my arrangements. :)

yellow yoyo's ya say, can't spend no money for a while. someone did not like my purchase of MEJA.
in all fairness there is a very limited budget, so you will see improvisations of ideas in many of my arrangements. :)

Cool, I just mentioned them b/c they have common use in a grow, so in your years ahead, I'm certain yoyos will sneak onto your 'things to get' list, lol. Most growers get them for added branch support in late bloom to hang growing buds from the light fixture, but I also use them to pull downward sometimes too.

yoyo's,
My friend I visited your place and now feel really wanting. You got the goods and I am happy for you, plus I get all kinds of good ideas visiting. When I went to Brian's grow (his first) I thought dang, that is nice stuff. Same when I went to the Stoneotter's, ...cool stuff that I want.

I can't even go to Walmart without seeing goodies i could put to far better uses than what was it intended or designed for.
Like @Grandpa Tokin says "I'd hit that", I go around thinking "I'd grow with that".
So if I drooled over your gallery, perhaps now you understand. :)

yoyo's,
My friend I visited your place and now feel really wanting. You got the goods and I am happy for you, plus I get all kinds of good ideas visiting. When I went to Brian's grow (his first) I thought dang, that is nice stuff. Same when I went to the Stoneotter's, ...cool stuff that I want.

I can't even go to Walmart without seeing goodies i could put to far better uses than what was it intended or designed for.
Like @Grandpa Tokin says "I'd hit that", I go around thinking "I'd grow with that".
So if I drooled over your gallery, perhaps now you understand. :)

I came from the same beginning and in my years of growing and learning, I also slowly accumulated. Little by little, inch by inch, harvest by harvest, I keep reinvesting into my grow. It sustains my household and I can make little tiny re-investments each time to where I'm almost about to triple my output beginning in weeks, maybe after my next chop.

Another trick old Humboldt hippies had back in the day was to hit the fresh water, creeks and streams (not easy to find) and pan for some "fools gold". They claimed it leached other goodies when amended into their mediums.

Word from a geologist - “fool’s gold”, or pyrite (FeS2), is generally insoluble in plain water. However, it is unstable when exposed to air and carbonic acid (rainwater) at the earth’s surface, and can deteriorate to release sulfur (combined with water as sulfuric acid - recall acid mine waste?) and form iron oxide (rust). Also, some pyrite contains arsenic. I’d be careful adding it to your planting medium, especially if you’re fertigating with a nutrient solution that has a pH under 7.
:passitleft:

Word from a geologist - “fool’s gold”, or pyrite (FeS2), is generally insoluble in plain water. However, it is unstable when exposed to air and carbonic acid (rainwater) at the earth’s surface, and can deteriorate to release sulfur (combined with water as sulfuric acid - recall acid mine waste?) and form iron oxide (rust). Also, some pyrite contains arsenic. I’d be careful adding it to your planting medium, especially if you’re fertigating with a nutrient solution that has a pH under 7.
:passitleft:
Thank you FelipeBlu,
Your words have been enough that the fools gold is now considered unhobbitual.
Many thanks

Wow,
I am sure of it now, the OGGSC is flirting with me. Dang she is pretty.
I wonder if is my new Stetson?

For my younger friends who may not know it, a Stetson is a hat they allow you to wear after 60.
Even in your grow room. :)

This morning the GSC monster clones were up potted into 1 gal containers. This was 13 days after cutting (DAC) and all four specimens presented developed rooting when examined. For clarity sake we have re-designated the cultivars as GSC 1 thru 4. GSC 1 & 3 with the most developed root systems. The clones now will be considered entering hard veg day #1 today. They will continue living in the clone closet, but spending the days out sunning with Mom in main flowerbed.

The Cali Orange clones are doing well and have jetted into green production. They are the lowest THC producers by strain of this grow and will bear the brunt of my tinkering. MEJA showers LOL

The main grow looks happy and content.

We will grab some pics after I sanitize the garden this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom