Experiencing a lot of Ladybugs!

SensibleSal66

Hello everyone. Hope all is well and high. :p
I have a question about ladybugs/ if they are harmful to my plants?? Have been experiencing a whole colony of them , growing outdoors (of course silly).
Don't seem to be a nuisance, however. :passitleft:
SEE? :

Ladybug1.jpg

Ladybug2.jpg

Hello everyone. Hope all is well and high. :p
I have a question about ladybugs/ if they are harmful to my plants?? Have been experiencing a whole colony of them , growing outdoors (of course silly).
Don't seem to be a nuisance, however. :passitleft:
SEE? :

Ladybug1.jpg

Ladybug2.jpg
There are 2 types of lady bugs im aware of i think one of them is a predator for sure and good for your plants the other one my memory is a bit foggy on they can be distinguished by the pattern on them .

If you see a lot of lady bugs, check the underside of leaves for aphids.
That's probably why they are there in the first place.
Also lots of ants come to dine on the honey dew the aphids excrete

And their larval are black and yellow alligator looking things, they eat more than the lady bug stage...usually they only stick around and mate if there is food for them, so they will until they knocked down if outside.
1694593464980.png

And their larval are black and yellow alligator looking things, they eat more than the lady bug stage...usually they only stick around and mate if there is food for them, so they will until they knocked down if outside.
1694593464980.png
Ewww! Can't unsee That. I don't have those ,luckily!

Ewww! Can't unsee That. I don't have those ,luckily!
Well if the lady bugs are sticking around you will when their eggs hatch ;) , they eat a ton of the bad ones a day, forget what it was but it was a lot according to online.

Back
Top Bottom