Extremely Poor Man's First 23W x 4 CFL Grow

cuchi

What strain is it? Bagseed of some sort
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I think Indica strong
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 1 week maybe a little longer
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? :hmmmm: i should know this right?
If soil... What size pot? Quite small i would say
Size of light? 4 x 23w CFL's
Temp of Room/cab? No idea
RH of Room/cab? No idea
PH of media or res? No idea
Any Pests ? None
How often are you watering? 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet

This is my first ever grow, I don't have ph strips yet as they're on the way. I have a super low budget but if you guys can think of anything I can do to help this little girl (hopefully) out, I'd be really grateful! I've learned a lot from 420Magazine and have been planning to grow for a long time and so thought the best place to get any help would be here!

PC183562.jpg

First grow
PC183563.jpg

Small growths appearing
PC183567.jpg

Comparison with a mini clipper

Will post pics of the grow 'box' soon.

She's looking great so far, nice and squat and green.

Thanks, shes on a 24/0 schedule, keeps her short and bushy :thumb:

Heres the photos of the grow box, don't laugh :rollingeyes:

PC183569.JPG

lights off
PC183570.JPG

closed box, a lot of leakage
PC183571.JPG

fan 1, more leak
PC183572.JPG

fan 2, and more leak
PC183575.JPG

i keep the plant this close and around the plant so light can get under the leaves.

Your grow box shows ingenuity. I would never laugh at a good effort. And this my friend is a good effort! 16/8 light dark is better. Plants need sleep too. For veg light leaks are fine. You will have to address them for flower though. But excellent start!!

I read this
'Plants in veg do not need a dark cycle, with a 24 hour light cycle, there has been studies on it and it has shown an increase of vegetative growth compared to the 18/6 light cycle. The difference is, in every plant (Besides autoflowers) from the beginning to the end of cannabis's life cycle there is a hormone present that induces flowering once it reaches a critical level, in the dark this hormone builds up, with an 18/6 light cycle pre-flowering may be more pronounced or even show sooner then the 24 hour light period because of the increased amount of "flowering hormones", cannabis doesn't need to rest as people say, it needs the dark to "sleep" that is false. The plant will work non-stop without having a single problem, it will grow faster during the 24 hour light cycle. So overall the difference is with the 18/6 cycle the increase of hormones will slow vegetative growth, but with 24 hour cycle the plant will not build up hormones cuesing a minor slow down in vegetative growth... So if you don't have the money to run your light an extra 6 hours evreyday then go with the 18/6, the 24 hour cycle is a little bit better.. if your not worried about electricity then there is no reason not to go with the 24 hour ligth cycle'

Thanks, I've been through maybe 3 prototype boxes already and i would say this one has been my best so far, the reflection on the sides is actually spare floor insulation that was used when I had my floor done, have so much of it laying around lol i had to recycle.

Excellent start but the lights need to be moved at least 18" away from your girl...
With cfl you want the lights as close as you can get them without causing burn. This differs from one setup to the next depending on what size cfls and what ventilation and circulation you have. With his set up he should be able to almost touch as long as his airflow is good and his lights don't get too hot.

Knowledge and experience are 2 different things. Strive for both and share it with others.

Looks like overwatering to me. Are you feeding anything? They are too young to feed at this point.

she wasnt watered for 3 days straight, and then started doing this so i gave her a little in the morning, from the weight it seems like shes not even drinking and the water is just evaporating. She's also not being fed anything as I wouldn't know the first thing to give her.

Okay so I've given her some space and decreased the amount of bulbs so I could turn the fans off as I think they may be drying her out too much, is that a possibility?
PC203580.JPG
The thing under the plant is a small cup thingy with some tissue and seeds, i have to keep them in the grow box for warmth because my house is usually too cold.

If it also makes any difference I think it stated from the lower leaves and moved up the plant. Based on this I am going to flush the soil of contaminants and hopefully that will work.

i recently read somewhere and dont remember where,, but flushing is ment for hydro systems,, most nutrients in soil are locked into the soil and cant be simply flushed out,, you be better off washing the soil off the roots and repotting in new soil

i recently read somewhere and dont remember where,, but flushing is ment for hydro systems,, most nutrients in soil are locked into the soil and cant be simply flushed out,, you be better off washing the soil off the roots and repotting in new soil

I done some research just before flushing and read something like that to, and so i did wash the roots and repot with new soil, i didnt have any other soil laying around so i quickly searched up my soil and saw some threads on other forums where people have used Jack's Magic with their seedlings and everything has been fine for them so i sterilised some more soil and repotted the plant.

sorry for any errors in that i was rushing lol, hopefully it makes sense

Back
Top Bottom